Do Robot EA's Work?

FYI, you don't have to click on the vendor badge. Hover your mouse over it and most browsers will show the URL in the bottom left corner. Also, in case you forgot, you clearly stated your website in the Introduce Yourself thread. Removing your vendor badge now is most likely against the rules.

Peter

Robots can work and work well. Unfortunately most of the best ones are not for sale. Why?
Well, its a no brainer isn't it?

Here's an example of one we have under development at the moment. It looks good so far but there is a long way to go before we'd trust it on a large live account.

EZE050backtest1.jpg

obviously a very impressive equity curve but I have to repeat what I've said in previous posts - the acid test for any program/EA etc..is for the same script to produce similar equity curves when tested on any liquid asset and in any time frame. eg gbuusd 10 min bars, 30 min bars, S&P, oil, usdcad, audjpy, eurjpy, gold, Apple, bund etc...

something I believed my ideal trading conditions would produce (and I still might do as am in the middle of it) but it is a long long job...much harder than I though when I embarked on it in May this year.

If you can get the same equity curve on other assets then you are onto something interesting

I bet 999cjb is the same clown asking million for his EA a couple of weeks ago. it seems the dude spent his last money for NLP lessons and now washing our brains whith his lukewarm ur1ne

This is so puerile. And totally wrong.

If this rubbish would stop, we could perhaps concentrate on dealing with the title of this thread.

obviously a very impressive equity curve but I have to repeat what I've said in previous posts - the acid test for any program/EA etc..is for the same script to produce similar equity curves when tested on any liquid asset and in any time frame. eg gbuusd 10 min bars, 30 min bars, S&P, oil, usdcad, audjpy, eurjpy, gold, Apple, bund etc...

something I believed my ideal trading conditions would produce (and I still might do as am in the middle of it) but it is a long long job...much harder than I though when I embarked on it in May this year.

If you can get the same equity curve on other assets then you are onto something interesting

It would indeed be wonderful to achieve the same equity curve on other assets, preferably with far less drawdown, but I feel this will be impossible using the same software.

Our aim at the present time is to improve the existing results and try to achieve similar results on other currency pairs which will help to reduce the overall risk still further.

It would indeed be wonderful to achieve the same equity curve on other assets, preferably with far less drawdown, but I feel this will be impossible using the same software.

Our aim at the present time is to improve the existing results and try to achieve similar results on other currency pairs which will help to reduce the overall risk still further.
Why should it be impossible though? If the software is based on price action/Tech analysis, then it should be applicable to all assets right? At the end of the day terms such as support, resistance, trend, momentum, etc..have the same meaning in any asset.

FYI, you don't have to click on the vendor badge. Hover your mouse over it and most browsers will show the URL in the bottom left corner. Also, in case you forgot, you clearly stated your website in the Introduce Yourself thread. Removing your vendor badge now is most likely against the rules.

Peter

Hah, very good, I didnt know that and would never have noticed it myself.

strategy tester is next to useless - even with downloaded data and adjusted spread over the weekend.
optimisation is next to useless.
demo is next to useless.

sick to f ucking death of people talking benile shi t. tittle tattle chitter chatter perpetuating this never ending drivel.

show us verified track records with 3-6 months worth on a real account on myfxbook.

then i am interested.

This is so puerile. And totally wrong.

If this rubbish would stop, we could perhaps concentrate on dealing with the title of this thread.

Chris,

My advice is give up now, slip quietly away and hope this episode doesnt shine any more light on your forex business.

no forward test. now bugger off before i have you banned.

Perhaps you should report all this to the moderators. Then we'll all find out if this is the sort of forum which is open minded and realistic or just a closed shop for the prejudiced.

Perhaps you should report all this to the moderators. Then we'll all find out if this is the sort of forum which is open minded and realistic or just a closed shop for the prejudiced.

Its not open minded when it comes to vendors trying to flog EAs with open, unreported, losing positions, a strategy clearly intended to deceive.

You see this may all have appeared like a massive online marketing opportunity at the time but we've seen it all before. I agree its perhaps a bit rude of us but that's how it is, you have to take the rough with the smooth.

I really think you should have listened to my earlier advice.

prejudiced to what?

peddling graphs for money?

you've entered a debate about whether robots work and we find out you sell them, then we find out you haven't even got one that works and you are publicising that fact.

are you off your rocker?

run it live. if works people will buy it.
unfortunately if it doesnt and its marketed well people will buy it.

in your case you have shot yourself in the foot before you have started.

do you really think people are going to buy on the basis of a backtest?

its people like you who clog these forums full of garbage.

sod off.

prejudiced to what?

peddling graphs for money?

you've entered a debate about whether robots work and we find out you sell them, then we find out you haven't even got one that works and you are publicising that fact.

are you off your rocker?

run it live. if works people will buy it.
unfortunately if it doesnt and its marketed well people will buy it.

in your case you have shot yourself in the foot before you have started.

do you really think people are going to buy on the basis of a backtest?

its people like you who clog these forums full of garbage.

sod off.

Prejudiced against vendors. If this forum is so inclined, why not ban all vendors immediately? Or do you just need them to voice your feelings?

I have not said I do not have a robot that works. The opposite is the case.

I am running it live but the code is being regularly updated as you would expect in a development situation.

I am not asking anyone to buy this robot and it is not available for anyone outside our organisation to use. The original post was in answer to the title of this thread because robot EAs do work. You just have to pick the right ones and then run them properly.

This is surely a case of the pot calling the kettle black, isn't it? I thought the use of bad language and general schoolyard behaviour was banned in most forums these days. Or is this forum an exception?

Prejudiced against vendors. If this forum is so inclined, why not ban all vendors immediately?

Plenty of people would like to see that happen, the problem is that vendors bring advertising revenue to the site so the owners would be reluctant to do so.

Chris,

My advice is give up now, slip quietly away and hope this episode doesnt shine any more light on your forex business.

Thanks for the advice. But if I was the sort of person who gave up because of a few barrackers, time wasters and idiots, I wouldn't still be developing.

But I have spent time working in computer shops dealing with members of the public who at times would have tried the patience of a saint to put it mildly. At least business people, in my experience, have common sense and reason in their favour.

Why not just give me the benefit of the doubt so I can spend some time in other threads of this forum hopefully being of some help to those in need.

there is slight difference. this our shop. and we dont like you. this is why he is asking you politely to leave.

Prejudiced against vendors. If this forum is so inclined, why not ban all vendors immediately? Or do you just need them to voice your feelings?

I have not said I do not have a robot that works. The opposite is the case.

I am running it live but the code is being regularly updated as you would expect in a development situation.

I am not asking anyone to buy this robot and it is not available for anyone outside our organisation to use. The original post was in answer to the title of this thread because robot EAs do work. You just have to pick the right ones and then run them properly.

This is surely a case of the pot calling the kettle black, isn't it? I thought the use of bad language and general schoolyard behaviour was banned in most forums these days. Or is this forum an exception?

as ive heard from some other moron this morning regarding my swearing.

well swearing is just words. im sure you are grown up - deal with it, if you are offended, why? change the channel. You are going to be called a lot worse on your continued path.

organisation? what a laptop & deck chair in a beach hut with jam sandwiches and a flurry of wasps and the smell of seaweed?

schoolyard? even a schoolkid would have the product ready before it goes to market or is it soooooo exclusive that you had to park the sunseeker and trap onto a connection to chat to me??

no. didn't think so.

there is slight difference. this our shop. and we dont like you. this is why he is asking you politely to leave.

So it is a closed shop then? According to another contributor, if it weren't for the vendors, good or bad, you wouldn't have a shop to close.

If you don't like robot EAs why not just say so and give your reasons why. Then there would be something meaningful to discuss perhaps.