Dealingdesk

Is it my imagination. or has DD widened some spreads without telling anyone, eg Dow 3pt instead of 2pt?
Yes you are right on that assumption. Correct, the Dow now 3 points and Nasdaq 2 points.These SB companies cannot spell the word consistency it seems, ha ha. No really, this is what to be expected by market makers.

Yes you are right on that assumption. Correct, the Dow now 3 points and Nasdaq 2 points.These SB companies cannot spell the word consistency it seems, ha ha. No really, this is what to be expected by market makers.

Odd, too, that the product information part of the site says the FTSE spread is 2pt, although it's actually 1pt. Meanwhile, IG Index has reduced NASDAQ to 1pt, but still 4pt for Dow.

Odd, too, that the product information part of the site says the FTSE spread is 2pt, although it's actually 1pt. Meanwhile, IG Index has reduced NASDAQ to 1pt, but still 4pt for Dow.
2 points offered by DD on the Nasdaq is really not a good deal. They have also fallen in line of the boss (LCG) wishes when it comes to the spread on the Dow as well. My guess is that they took too many clients from CS.

Worldspreads still has 2pt on the rolling future. Creaky platform, though. Anyone still use them?
Yes you're right, apparently the have upgraded the platform. I used to trade with them a couple of years back, not so today though.

Yes you're right, apparently the have upgraded the platform. I used to trade with them a couple of years back, not so today though.

Are you going to give them another try? The platform does look a bit different on the surface, but is still stone-age compared with others. For instance, you can't set stops on entry, and the windows don't update in synch. Also, apart from the 2pt rolling Dow future, some spreads are quite wide.

Are you going to give them another try? The platform does look a bit different on the surface, but is still stone-age compared with others. For instance, you can't set stops on entry, and the windows don't update in synch. Also, apart from the 2pt rolling Dow future, some spreads are quite wide.
No, I am not planing to give them another try. I have on this forum for years been promoting stops on entry, and it is only recently they have starting to adopt it for SB platforms.

No, I am not planing to give them another try. I have on this forum for years been promoting stops on entry, and it is only recently they have starting to adopt it for SB platforms.

Probably wise, gle! Worldspreads started with a USP of 1pt spreads on major indices (including the Dow, although that didn't last long). Several years down the line, they're equalled on spreads and beaten on just about everything else, so you tend to wonder if they have many clients now.
WS, ODL, Spreadex and GFT must be the Marie Celestes of spread betting.:)