daytradetowin

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he asked you to manage your money then he owes you statements. He is not.

As for the 2 and 4 points:
it's called "trading volatility" you schmuck! Sometimes I do the exact same thing. Let me "crawl" from under my rock and explain to you: I use for example a volatility factor, and a range indicator while I place my limit orders at different exit levels. Sometimes I get it, sometimes I need to get out fast as levels are not reached.

Mr.007..why are you here? To mock and criticize educators? So what if he wants to sell his thing?
Brokers advertise..Trading software advertise...even this forum and site is ad driven!
Nothing wrong with that.

I see some vendors advertise for 10K, sometimes 15K...he has a book for $397. for God's sake!

I will buy the book and let you know what I think of it.
I spent thousands plus plus...before I became a full time trader.
What's another $397?

Hey Zmark,

Keep us posted on your results with John Paul's program. Also, are there any other systems out there that you would recommend for a novice starting out with S&P e-mini's? Thanks in advance to your response.

Whats up with the name calling in here?
For the guy asking statements. Did you realise that I keep posting my forward testing here?
I know I do it just for a short time, but I will stick to it. Be patient and you get all the info a statement would give you. I believe my backtest until october is also pretty accurate.

As for the "no slippage" comment. The reason there is no slippage is that the method does not use market orders but stop and limit orders for entry and exits.

As for the 2pts and 4 pts results posted in JPs performance. Well, you are right and wrong about it.
I think I mentioned it somewhere before in this thread. The only discretion involved in this method is how you manage your stop loss and wher to take profit.
The book makes a few suggestions and I decided to go with 2 targets, 1st 2pts and second 4pts. Moving SL to BE when first target is hit.
You could alternatively just trade one target at either 2 or 4 pts.
I agree that the performance report is misleading because it either takes full profit at the first target or takes profit with half of the position at 4 pts if it hits.
But still, you get a good idea about how often which target hits. So you could do the math yourself of how the P/L looks like for every day posted.

I just ended the friday trade and this trading week with these results:
(2 contracts with 2 targets, SL to BE after first target, 5pts initial SL)
Monday: no trade holidays
Tue: $100
Wed: $100 + $200
Thu: $100 + $200
Fri: $100 + $200

no loss this week for a profit of $1000 minus around $36 broker commission.
Total for february is still negative, since the first 2 weeks suffered some losses the way I trade it.
Total for january + february is very positive (forward testing).

For what its worth. In my opinion this is the only ebook I ever purchased on trading that I do not consider crap. And I baught alot of crap forex related. Well, I came across this one by accident. The method taught is very simple. Too simple for most traders to believe in I guess. I think I could describe in a couple of sentences what to do to replicate the results.

After the purchase I was forwarded to a page with a link to a first pdf file which is an older product JP was selling. It is an ebook of 51 pages, explaining futures trading, the S&P 500 basicly some stuff you would like to know before you start trading. So it helped me to get started grasping the basics in futures trading and indices.
It also contains a scalping strategy in great detail with lots of screens. Not sure if JP still uses it or recommends it. However I wouldn`t want to trade it. This ebook has nothing to do with the "At the open".

The "At the open" ebook contains 45 pages explaining in detail how and why the method works.
As I said before, the method is so simple itself, I could most likely post a 1 liner to explain it. And 95% of the people reading it stand alone would dismiss it already before giving it some thought.

Last edited:
Whats up with the name calling in here?
For the guy asking statements. Did you realise that I keep posting my forward testing here?
I know I do it just for a short time, but I will stick to it. Be patient and you get all the info a statement would give you. I believe my backtest until october is also pretty accurate.

As for the "no slippage" comment. The reason there is no slippage is that the method does not use market orders but stop and limit orders for entry and exits.

As for the 2pts and 4 pts results posted in JPs performance. Well, you are right and wrong about it.
I think I mentioned it somewhere before in this thread. The only discretion involved in this method is how you manage your stop loss and wher to take profit.
The book makes a few suggestions and I decided to go with 2 targets, 1st 2pts and second 4pts. Moving SL to BE when first target is hit.
You could alternatively just trade one target at either 2 or 4 pts.
I agree that the performance report is misleading because it either takes full profit at the first target or takes profit with half of the position at 4 pts if it hits.
But still, you get a good idea about how often which target hits. So you could do the math yourself of how the P/L looks like for every day posted.

I just ended the friday trade and this trading week with these results:
(2 contracts with 2 targets, SL to BE after first target, 5pts initial SL)
Monday: no trade holidays
Tue: $100
Wed: $100 + $200
Thu: $100 + $200
Fri: $100 + $200

no loss this week for a profit of $1000 minus around $36 broker commission.
Total for february is still negative, since the first 2 weeks suffered some losses the way I trade it.
Total for january + february is very positive (forward testing).

For what its worth. In my opinion this is the only ebook I ever purchased on trading that I do not consider crap. And I baught alot of crap forex related. Well, I came across this one by accident. The method taught is very simple. Too simple for most traders to believe in I guess. I think I could describe in a couple of sentences what to do to replicate the results.

After the purchase I was forwarded to a page with a link to a first pdf file which is an older product JP was selling. It is an ebook of 51 pages, explaining futures trading, the S&P 500 basicly some stuff you would like to know before you start trading. So it helped me to get started grasping the basics in futures trading and indices.
It also contains a scalping strategy in great detail with lots of screens. Not sure if JP still uses it or recommends it. However I wouldn`t want to trade it. This ebook has nothing to do with the "At the open".

The "At the open" ebook contains 45 pages explaining in detail how and why the method works.
As I said before, the method is so simple itself, I could most likely post a 1 liner to explain it. And 95% of the people reading it stand alone would dismiss it already before giving it some thought.

Sounds like a promotional attack from the vendor....done with this thread...he promotes it everywhere....many stockboards, youtube, futures boards, he is everywhere...

well yes, the vendor is promoting his product, that's what vendors do, it's called "sales"
but that by itself has no bearing on the discussion whether the system itself is good, workable, rubbish or a scam

well yes, the vendor is promoting his product, that's what vendors do, it's called "sales"
but that by itself has no bearing on the discussion whether the system itself is good, workable, rubbish or a scam

"I agree that the performance report is misleading because it either takes full profit at the first target or takes profit with half of the position at 4 pts if it hits."

Why mislead? Give your potential customers the full picture or stop advertising in the manner he does...otherwise we will call this system "just another one of those""

"I agree that the performance report is misleading because it either takes full profit at the first target or takes profit with half of the position at 4 pts if it hits."

Why mislead? Give your potential customers the full picture or stop advertising in the manner he does...otherwise we will call this system "just another one of those""
Agreed - also in his post Dan S. said: "The only discretion involved in this method is how you manage your stop loss and where to take profit" That made me laugh, actually made my day :LOL:
Gee, the only discretion is when to get out??? What a great system! I'm done with this thread too - I will miss the humor though!

If you look at the complete history you will notice that this system started out only taking 2 points, it is only when the volatility increased a few months ago that it offered the "option" of taking 4 points.

If your basing your decision to buy the course on taking the 4point target everytime, then your going to have to deduct 50% on the days it only went 2 points, when looking at the history.

If you have done your homework this should stand out. Several people have noticed this, I dont see a problem.

Steve

I bought the course about a week and a half ago. I figured I'd trade it by the book on sim trading 1 contract and if I can't net $400 on SIM then I'll ask for a refund. I also took his performance history and ran it through a worst case scenario (meaning calculating winners at 2 points only and losers at -5 points). I also did not include any trades after 10:45am because I am only able to trade the first hour. Assuming his history is accurate, this worst case scenario still showed it to be profitable in the long run. Here's a summary base on his history with my "worst case" rules (only using 1 contract):

June $1,050
July $350
Aug $1,100
Sep $750
Oct $1,650
Nov $550
Dec ($150)
Jan $550

I will also try to post my forward testing results here. This is what I have so far (one contract):

2/12/2009 -5 ($250)
2/13/2009 +2 $100
2/17/2009 -5 ($250)
2/18/2009 +2 100
2/19/2009 +2 100
2/20/2009 +2 100

Total: ($100)

Again, this only includes the first trade of the day each day, as I have a full time job and cannot trade the afternoon. With the R/R being as poor as it is, I don't know that I would trade this full time but if forward testing looks good, I may run with it live with one contract and see if it can slowly grow one of my accounts.

I'm also working on a Tradestation Auto-Trader for it and the back-test results look promising (but we all know back test results don't mean anything in the real world).

Seriously, you're going to track a strategy that uses a -5 point stop and a +2 point target? Pass out the Guyana Punch Jim Jones. Maybe you can ask Obama to re-imburse you for your losses in the stimulus package...this is the most hilarious thread I have seen in 10 years.
:clap:

Last edited:
hi everybody..DO NOT BUY ITS A SCAM....i bought the daytradeto win method on 18th jan...and traded just the first (either +2 or -5).....up to the 18th of feb...it resulted in 12 winning days and 8 losing days.(i know as i traded with REAL MONEY)..ie +24 and -40 total of -16 for the month....i asked for a refund under the RISK FREE guarantee(if you dont make the purcase price within a month)....you guessed it.....a flat refusal....THE GUY IS A FRAUD...MY ADVISE IS STAY WELL CLEAR

Chris Gee Spread Betting Account not the same as EMINI SP and illegal in USA

To answer Chris Gee i have included his email that he sent me requesting a refund.

I asked in return for a log or trading log, even paper traded is fine. he traded using spread bet account which is not the e-mini march 09 contract, CME E change. The Spread bet account is illegal in the United States, so if he purchased my product to trade the spread bet UK account, i can't help him there.
This trader is upset calling me names, and a scammer, but the refund requirements are plastered all over the site, he is wrong, and unfortunately baught an E-mini product which is the only instrument we use and not intended to Spread bet in a UK account. This is wrong. This is his email.

comments: hello....i purchased your method on 18th jan..unfortunately the results to date(13th feb) have been very poor ...i use a spread bet account here in the uk...but it accurately reflects the march contract...the losing days are...28th jan/3rd feb/5th feb/9th feb/10th feb/12th feb under your terms (30 day risk free guarantee) i would kindly ask for a refund......kind regards...Chris gee

Attachments

• Gee email.doc
    26.5 KB · Views: 468
Last edited:
Sounds like a promotional attack from the vendor....done with this thread...he promotes it everywhere....many stockboards, youtube, futures boards, he is everywhere...

Actually I dont care what do you think.
I am not affiliated in any way with the ebook or website, JP or anything else other than buying the ebook. I merely wanted to give some insight in what the book is about.

What is your problem. I said at the beginning of this thread to take it or leave it.
I know I never posted much here, so if thats what it is needed to post forward testing results, no problem and I will stop.

If you find me "promoting" or even mentioning this method anywhere else on the web, I will paypal you a dinner for two right away.

Agreed - also in his post Dan S. said: "The only discretion involved in this method is how you manage your stop loss and where to take profit" That made me laugh, actually made my day :LOL:
Gee, the only discretion is when to get out??? What a great system! I'm done with this thread too - I will miss the humor though!

Wow.
Let me rephrase it.
The only discretionary part is how you take profit. Its either
a) one target @ 2 pts
b) two targets @ 2 pts and 4 pts

And how you trail your SL if using 2 targets.
a) move remaining contract stop to BE after 1st target hit, so you have a net profit if 2nd target doesnt hit
b) give it some more room and trail the stop 2 pts behind entry and have a BE trade if second target does not hit.

I dont have to take **** from you for posting my experience with this. So GFY.

I think the free trial was for the auto trading stuff and not disclosing the method.
I got a free trial for the files with the ebook, but didnt unlock them yet since I dont need them.

Todays trades just finished.
I will post a chart in the next post.

These are a short and a long trade for today.
Both with +2.
I didnt do anything with the chart, the comments and arrows on the chart are from ninjatrader.

(Monday was no trade triggered)

Attachments

• ES 03-09  24_02_2009 (5 Min).png
    ES 03-09 24_02_2009 (5 Min).png
    41 KB · Views: 634
Status
Not open for further replies.