daytradetowin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, I am just a german expat down here. ;)
Living on Negros in Visayas, Dumaguete City.

My trade for today is +2pts on one contract and a second contract stoped out at BE (demo, executed by the book).
Approaching my end of the session, and I doubt there will be an oposite trade triggered I am done for today. Total screentime was around 2 hours. The trade was done in around 10 minutes. Largest drawdown was 1.5 pts.

I got to say that this is my first aproach to futures trading. I come from a forex background.
And I really start to like it. I will keep demoing it for a while and will fund a futures account later if it keeps performing like this.

I purchased the e-book in December 2008 and started "real" trading in Jan 2009. The method works... The only question is when to make more than one trade per day and how much profit target to take. Also, not every day will result in a trade. I limited my target to +2 points and did not take every trade (out or away from the computer).

My results for Jan 2009: 14 winners, 4 loosers (made money!!!)

Charlie

I can answer that.
Even though I do not have 4 losing trades on record.
Backtested until including jan 19. Forward tested since than.

Trading with 2 targets with 1 contract each (2 + 4 pts, second contract SL to BE after 1st target hit)

19 trades total, 17 trades profitable with 1st target hit, 6 times 2nd target hit. 3 No Trade days.
1st target: 89.47% hitratio
2nd target: 31.57%
Profit 1st contract: $1450 minus comm. ($4.50 x 19 = $85.50) Net: $1364.50
Profit 2nd contract $800 minus comm. ($4.50 x 19 = $85.50) Net: $714.50

Total Net Profit: $2079

Ninjatrader was used for the forward test.

February started with a loss for both contracts on Feb 3, Feb for got 2 pts on the 1st contract. Feb 2 was a no trade day.

Last edited:
Dan,
I'm sure you're going to love the infinity dome/price ladder, it's by far the best/easiest way to trade i've ever come across ....

garry

Hi Garry,

hehe, so you have seen my infinity coments. I edited them out shortly after, since I have mistaken them for mirusfutures. Infinity has a $5k deposit minimum, which atm is too much for me.
So I will stick to ninjatrader-mirusfutures for the while.

mabuhay !
I use Mirus for their feed for Ninja but have never set up a trading account with them so i can't comment on their dome etc. But once you have sufficent to fund an infinity account, i'm sure you'll never look back.

Dan and Cecooper,

What size stops did you use for your results?

Steve

I am using the indicator for a few months now, but I cannot recommend this indicator to anyone.
This week there were 7 signals, 6 of them were stop out at 5 points!!

Monday: Long 866.5 - profit
Monday: Short 861.5 - 5 points loss
Tuesday: Short 857.25 - 5 point loss
Wednesday: Long 834.5 - 5 point loss
Wednesday: Short 828 - 5 point loss
Thursday: Short 812.25 - 5 point loss
Thursday: Long 817.75 - 5 point loss

Last week, 5 signals, 2 no trades, 2 losses, 1 win.
My experience is that, overall with this indicator you can not make money

i'm curious.
could you tell me the times that each of the calls were made ?
just stick to the 2 from today's session.
Looking at my chart and trying to guess when you may have entered based on price passing those 2 entry triggers, i can't see how you could have lost.

cheers

i'm curious.
could you tell me the times that each of the calls were made ?
just stick to the 2 from today's session.
Looking at my chart and trying to guess when you may have entered based on price passing those 2 entry triggers, i can't see how you could have lost.

cheers

For today:

16:00:56 short 812.25
16:50:58 long 817.75

my time zone is GMT +01:00
With both I was stopped out at 5 points, it did not get the 2 points profit.

5 point stop with targets of +2 and +4 is a losing proposition. There is no way any system is accurate enough for that R/R to be profitable over time.

i subscribe to their videos and they been quiet of late. now i know why. Would be nice if these guys showed their losing days too...

For today:

16:00:56 short 812.25
16:50:58 long 817.75

With both I was stopped out at 5 points, it did not get the 2 points profit.

ah, i see. Unlucky.

you never consider to re-enter when price comes back to those trigger points ?

i can't remember off the top of my head what the DTTW rules are. is it one trade then pack up and quit or are you supposed to use the same levels again and again ?
(which would have been profitable....)

btw, I can see where the Long at 817.75 failed but the Short at 812.25 at 16:01 looks like a winner to me ..... ??

ah well.

Status
Not open for further replies.