Day Trade the FTSE

There's money being made in these markets---not necessarily by me, though!:)

hehe .. I know the feeling .. I made back the 13 points I lost earlier . .but it's been a long hard day .. .. I just jumped on the trend at 15:26 . better late than never:rolleyes:

oops .. went short from a signal on stochastics .. now I'm 2 points down on the day .. pfff .. .. I did expect a bit more profit taking . but I guess the DOW is too steady right now .. making the UK bullish .. .. my trade offered me 3 points should have taken them..

hmm .. the FTSE is more bullish than the dow right now ..

oops .. went short from a signal on stochastics .. now I'm 2 points down on the day .. pfff .. .. I did expect a bit more profit taking . but I guess the DOW is too steady right now .. making the UK bullish .. .. my trade offered me 3 points should have taken them..

hmm .. the FTSE is more bullish than the dow right now ..

sorry to but in guys...

what stochs are you using shortorlong?

This thread has gone very quiet - no one else doing intraday ?

Long cash 35

43 points up on the week 31 of those collected this morning .. flat now .. .. don't know if I'm making progress or not considering I made 43 on monday and here I am at +43 again.. may well lose them all this afternoon.

yesterday I let a profit run into a loss .. I passed up 20 points in my first trade of the day .. pff .. I was looking for a nice long trend like there was on Tuesday .. but of course every day is different .. but somehow the same:LOL:

Trading with Stochs

Shortorlong - could you let me in on your Stoch setup and how you trade with them - would be much appreciated

No the feeling shortorlong, spiky action took out last third of me at 11, had saved 11 points for me at 6300 ish, thought we might bustin yesterdays high befor 12, ahhh

Shortorlong - could you let me in on your Stoch setup and how you trade with them - would be much appreciated

I don't know if I am using them correctly and they work best in the morning .. and of course many a false signal is received .. and acted upon or not if I am lucky

stochastics set at 80 1 16
watching the minute chart -- see attached for this mornings long entry
the red line is below the 25 line .. so I was thinking about going long .
at 8:09 (see chart) the blue line broke through the red line and through the 25 line .. the red line was heading up at the time .. I should have gone long there . but when the red line touched the 25 line I did go long and .. collected a few points . although I missed the top of that move ..

if the red line had been above the 75 line I would be thinking about going short

I jaust noticed on that chart there is long signal marked at 9:45 .. I was already long however .. from a previous tentative signal

Attachments

• stochastic long signal.jpg
    stochastic long signal.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
No the feeling shortorlong, spiky action took out last third of me at 11, had saved 11 points for me at 6300 ish, thought we might bustin yesterdays high befor 12, ahhh

yesterday the damn thing turned on the previous day's high .. then it came back up and bounced off the previous day's close .. it was a classic ..shame I did not believe it when it was happening.:rolleyes:

yesterday the damn thing turned on the previous day's high .. then it came back up and bounced off the previous day's close .. it was a classic ..shame I did not believe it when it was happening.:rolleyes:
ahhh, just got in from work, I hate it when it does that !
nice move for the ftse this afternoon, dow trending away without me, love to short 1st weakness, but think nottttttttttt,