Day Trade the FTSE

34 points from 4 trades this morning , trading off stochs ... maybe I should quit now?
looking at the stoch right now they are below the 24 line meaning the next signal should be a long .. watching ...

You must walk away on the bad days. On the good ones you stay with it.

This is the first week, for as long as I can remember, that I have netted a profit on every day.

We'll have time to rest tomorrow!

Split

You must walk away on the bad days. On the good ones you stay with it.

This is the first week, for as long as I can remember, that I have netted a profit on every day.

We'll have time to rest tomorrow!

Split

oh, split, we may never see you trading equities again :cry:

good trading

jon

oh, split, we may never see you trading equities again :cry:

good trading

jon

The adrenaline is pumpin'. I hope my old tubes can take the pressure.:!:

This month I've made 13 trades 'til now. 10 winners and three losers.

Split

Split

Well done Split, this demonstrates to the rest of us aspiring day traders the road ahead is possible for all who put in the hard work.

Anyone thats been following Splits progress in his transition from long term shares trading to day trading indices will see the effort and perseverance thats gone into this so far... keep up the good work, truly inspiring stuff.

How did you do in August? I know that the previous months were good. I must have missed your Aug update along the way.:eek:

note: Splits Success with day trading is via spreadbetting and on finspreads too:p :cool:

Lightning

Crikey, Don. Kind words, indeed, and thanks very much. Actually, I don't deserve such merit because I'm a bit thick about a lot of things that I do :eek:

August got me 105 points after a very bad start when I, almost, threw it in. I am trading close stops, again, and September is going well, so far.

Jacinto has come up with a good idea for a thread, in which he debates the trades he should have made, but didn't. Last week I did well, opened trades, took profits but there was, always, that trade that I should have taken but didn't. The signal was there, hitting me in the eye. So, instead of gloating over the good trades I've done, I'm going to ponder over why I did not make those other trades.

Good trading

Split

Crikey, Don. Kind words, indeed, and thanks very much. Actually, I don't deserve such merit because I'm a bit thick about a lot of things that I do :eek:

August got me 105 points after a very bad start when I, almost, threw it in. I am trading close stops, again, and September is going well, so far.

Jacinto has come up with a good idea for a thread, in which he debates the trades he should have made, but didn't. Last week I did well, opened trades, took profits but there was, always, that trade that I should have taken but didn't. The signal was there, hitting me in the eye. So, instead of gloating over the good trades I've done, I'm going to ponder over why I did not make those other trades.

Good trading

Split

yes nice work Split"!

I collected 44 points from 2 shorts today .. flat now ..
It's been a great day for trading off stochs again .. but I have been trying something different.
setting limit sells just below the last higher low ...
for example the ftse popped up at 8AM this morning .. then fell to 6211 (capital spreads) at 8:06 .. then it started going up again .. I then placed a limit sell order at 6210 .. and the ftse topped at 6218 @ 8:10 and well you can see it fell through my order and gave me lots of points .. I did the same thing at about 10:04 and my sell order was hit at 10:26 .. it offered me about 15 points but I thought .. why not try to stay on a trend .. well it came back to -3 points .. I held my nerve . but also cursed my greed .. luckily it fell back down again and I was able to collect a few points ...

I should say I did refer to the stochs before I set my order .. the slow stoch had to be above the 76 line before I would consider going short.

good luck all

yes nice work Split"!

I collected 44 points from 2 shorts today .. flat now ..
It's been a great day for trading off stochs again .. but I have been trying something different.
setting limit sells just below the last higher low ...
for example the ftse popped up at 8AM this morning .. then fell to 6211 (capital spreads) at 8:06 .. then it started going up again .. I then placed a limit sell order at 6210 .. and the ftse topped at 6218 @ 8:10 and well you can see it fell through my order and gave me lots of points .. I did the same thing at about 10:04 and my sell order was hit at 10:26 .. it offered me about 15 points but I thought .. why not try to stay on a trend .. well it came back to -3 points .. I held my nerve . but also cursed my greed .. luckily it fell back down again and I was able to collect a few points ...

I should say I did refer to the stochs before I set my order .. the slow stoch had to be above the 76 line before I would consider going short.

good luck all

It's your day, today SOL!! I'm mediocre so far with a net loss of about 8 points on four trades.

I'm the one to walk away----you keep going!!!!

Tomorrow is a holiday, here, so will be able to trade as long as I want.

Split

Last edited:
It's your day, today SOL!! I'm mediocre so far with a net loss of about 8 points on four trades.

I'm the one to walk away----you keep going!!!!

Tomorrow is a holiday, here, so will be able to trade as long as I want.

Split

A holiday tomorrow? . where in the world are you Split?
When I posted earlier .. I was pretty much finished for the day . I had other stuff to do today .. visitors arriving and all that .. .. However I couldn't resist one more trade . usually a recipe for disaster:LOL: .. I went short at 14:36 6203 .. well you can see that was inspired .. except .. it wasn't . .. it didn't go into profit very quickly . and I was nervous that the yanks might start buying at any time .. so I only took 3 points .. oh well still a great day for me .. maybe my visitors will save me from giving any back via the DOW :cheesy: :cheesy:

A holiday tomorrow? . where in the world are you Split?
When I posted earlier .. I was pretty much finished for the day . I had other stuff to do today .. visitors arriving and all that .. .. However I couldn't resist one more trade . usually a recipe for disaster:LOL: .. I went short at 14:36 6203 .. well you can see that was inspired .. except .. it wasn't . .. it didn't go into profit very quickly . and I was nervous that the yanks might start buying at any time .. so I only took 3 points .. oh well still a great day for me .. maybe my visitors will save me from giving any back via the DOW :cheesy: :cheesy:

That was one that got away- What a pity, never mind, it won't be the last time that that will happen.:( I was away at that time. 44+ points in a day is impressive stuff.

National holiday in Cataluña--not in Spain. Diad. Like lots of normal people, I'm grateful for the free day, but there will, probably, be lots of fervent nationalists on the streets.

I'm too impatient. A series of poor trades this morning set me back but, later, when I saw a better trend emerging I am getting back all my losses.

If I hadn't made those poor trades in the first place I would be well ahead by now, with less effort.

Lesson. Don't be trigger happy on your day off!

Correction----- At any time!!!

I'm too impatient. A series of poor trades this morning set me back but, later, when I saw a better trend emerging I am getting back all my losses.

If I hadn't made those poor trades in the first place I would be well ahead by now, with less effort.

Lesson. Don't be trigger happy on your day off!

Correction----- At any time!!!

yeah .. frustrating day here also .. 4 trades, 0 points either way
The annoying thing is I was long at 9:41uk but closed for +5 at 9:51 ..
my next trade was long at 10:19 for +8 ...
then I gave them all back with a short at 12:18:rolleyes:
one of those days I guess

currently flat ...

question

I do Finspreads Rolling and SP (sometimes).

Hi, new to postin workin in my own world here and gettin a little bored watchin the ftse up against yesterdays high, trade Ftse and Dow and wanted to no if you use feeds provided by finspreads etc or do you have your own live feed and if so which is best ? and most cost effective only trade above indices?

I use the Fins charts, but go over to the spreadbetting board and try to get Lightning McQueen and others to talk to you about that, otherwise this thread, which is Footsie only, could get sidetracked. What charts you use depends on what indicators and stuff you want. I don't need much.

Good trading

Split

Last edited:
Thanks for directions Split, hope we bust through last weeks low or bounce of it at speed all this sideways price action could make me go and mow garden or something