FTSE Futures Vs Cash

splitlink why don't traders create their own spread betting firm, all you need is a phone number and some computers. they would undercut everyone and the conventional brokers would be driven out of business.

Futuresbetting done this years ago, LCG bought them and now trade under the name of ProSpreads.

Been away on holiday for a week so haven't had a chance to post. I don't have a big problem with spreadbetting firms, but they do move the cash price at times of volatility and around economic data releases. Also, they make it hard sometimes for you to move your limit and stop orders closer to the actual price. The best thing about spreadbetting is that you can do 50p per pt as opposed to £10 per pt, the minimum with direct access. As for paying taxes, yes spreadbetting is tax free, but I find it harder to make money on short term trades of 1 to 5 minute duration. So your profits are lower but tax free.

Been away on holiday for a week so haven't had a chance to post. I don't have a big problem with spreadbetting firms, but they do move the cash price at times of volatility and around economic data releases. Also, they make it hard sometimes for you to move your limit and stop orders closer to the actual price. The best thing about spreadbetting is that you can do 50p per pt as opposed to £10 per pt, the minimum with direct access. As for paying taxes, yes spreadbetting is tax free, but I find it harder to make money on short term trades of 1 to 5 minute duration. So your profits are lower but tax free.

the shorter the time frame the harder it is to be profitable,