Day Trade the FTSE

Anyone notice today the footy just followed a channel trend downwards after the morning rally, it then formed a break out and formed another channel! (a flag atm). using fib lines and RAS today was very easy ! (watch out for that round number at 6180 ;) )

I used the price and RS lines and got a nice 48 point short, but missed the afternoon rally.

I used the price and RS lines and got a nice 48 point short, but missed the afternoon rally.

tell me about it! i had to rush off to the dr's so i estimated SL & PT, (got a good 10points from it though).

check this out>> discolated my ring finger and broke my pinky :( typing is not so fun anymore...

Attachments

• Photo-0211.jpg
    Photo-0211.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 138
measured moves continued

Look at the 4 hour chart of the ftse future, See how the 100% repetion of the previous upswing exactly nauiled the move of the last few days on the left. If we look now at where the ftse is likely to go, the chart on the right gives us a good idea of some targets on the upside. When fib extensions overlap from different swings then the resistance lines are stronger. I'll be looking for long opportunities this week until we get up to 6350, (if we do), and as I write, the Dow and S&P have recovered the highs,

Well, It was right and we have hit the first target. Of course if you are going to swing trade, you have to have deep pockets and wide stops

Attachments

• ftse15may.GIF
    ftse15may.GIF
    16.4 KB · Views: 195
Anyone still looking at this thread? Good long opportunity here buying FTSE at 5390

I was here just having a look in... Seems like a really inereting bit of read. Though I trade forex only at the moment... so possibly not your no.1 candidate for the thread...

Keep up the Market Watching
__
Eze

FTSE day trading

Notice how the price waits for the 33 period MA to "catch up" and then takes off. My earlier long call was a bit premature, but its looking good now(y)

Attachments

• Z 09-08  30_07_2008 (15 Min).jpg
    Z 09-08 30_07_2008 (15 Min).jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 172
patience..and more patience...the number 1 attribute of a good trader. We have touched +40 points on this trade, but Im looking for +60, as my initial risk was -20, and we are looking for a 3:1 risk reward ratio. If you stick to this, you will find that 1 winning trade will pay for 2 loosers, so in the end, even on only a 50% success rate, you will come out on top.

Buying again today. If you look at the daily chart, there's a good probability that price will climb to the 33 EMA (Orange dotted line)

Attachments

• Z 09-08  24_04_2008 - 31_07_2008 (Daily).jpg
    Z 09-08 24_04_2008 - 31_07_2008 (Daily).jpg
    63 KB · Views: 184
DAY TRADERS - CAN a truly trustworthy online broker be found?

Downturn ONLINE! But can there be truly a trustworthy broker?
There is none to be found, darling.

In this world of non-perfection, even the big ones DOTH GO BANKRUPT!

Well, you can try the small spread companies for a few quid first per pip and see whether the price they quote is trustworthy! The general rule is that Spread Bet/ Trade Broker do not go against your bet, but they are required to hedge against your bet in the case that should there be any loss, the hedge is a guarantee.

Truly good ones do actually hedge but buying into Contract Futures against the actual bet placed! Dodgy ones do not! These are liken to gambling dens!

But, you have to find out for yourself as there is none so far that I have found that is trustworthy. Not as yet! Read my thread 'Has the FTSE reached its TOP yet?' You can find some good advice about spread trade/ bet.

About STRESS during Trading:-

When the going gets tough, it is natural to get stressed and fearful of going into the MARKET even with the good info given by the EMA/ RSI or other analysis such as fundamental analysis.

Brokers that are likely to flounder CAUSES MORE STRESS and ANGER as they are deemed to have cheated on their clients ( in a way breach of trust ). Remember that all these years since the last DOWNTURN in 2002 until this present one, there are so many being folded!.

So, will it be good to stay put? It is naturally not good as making some trades will risk your investment - this is liken to gambling, BUT gamblers DO NOT stress! Look at those poker chaps - they are good at psychology! In a game like poker, the straight faced ones normally WIN!

So, stay put, but it NEVER brings profits or any loss. What the solution is to get into the swing of things by getting certain perspective Right and get into V-trading. Virtual trading can be a BETTER option than PAPER TRADING.

S K
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi there

Be one with GOD, so that HE may appoint a deliver for your Soul-HariHaraBramKalki(S K)

Buying again today. If you look at the daily chart, there's a good probability that price will climb to the 33 EMA (Orange dotted line)

I'm new to the spread market and i'm dabbling on the FTSE 100. I have been doing it for 2 days now, I am down in pocket by a fare whack!! My luck must be the worst, for the last 3 days i have noticed the market drop a considerable amoun of pts. I think its been near or over -100 from wednesday to friday.

I have joined igindex, firstly what are your comments on them ... i think they are ok, BUT and a BIG BUT for me is that their charts seem to freeze and then I'm out of the game completely for about 2 minutes while i log out and log back in again to refresh the data ... by which point i've prob LOST big time!

Datav some nice posts you have put on here ... iwas readin them all the way back to '06 and a good read.

Anyone got any advice on the FTSE market and how I can try to minimize to loss i already have...

Cheers

I'm new to the spread market and i'm dabbling on the FTSE 100. I have been doing it for 2 days now, I am down in pocket by a fare whack!! My luck must be the worst, for the last 3 days i have noticed the market drop a considerable amoun of pts. I think its been near or over -100 from wednesday to friday.

I have joined igindex, firstly what are your comments on them ... i think they are ok, BUT and a BIG BUT for me is that their charts seem to freeze and then I'm out of the game completely for about 2 minutes while i log out and log back in again to refresh the data ... by which point i've prob LOST big time!

Datav some nice posts you have put on here ... iwas readin them all the way back to '06 and a good read.

Anyone got any advice on the FTSE market and how I can try to minimize to loss i already have...

Cheers

A lot of guys have been long this week, some with confidence that it wil go higher and others, hoping for a bounce. This has been the most serious fall in Footsie for six years, so what does that tell you?

As far as dealing firms are concerned, charts can, and do, freeze at the most crucial instances. Sites crash, as well.

Bad weather in the UK? There was a hurricane in force on Black Monday 1987. That previous week was a cracker, too, and everyone wanted to get in or out of the market on the following Monday so, guess what? There was no internet trading, then, but brokers were not picking up the phones.....

I can't give advice on a Saturday morning, neither am I suggesting that Monday morning is going to be bad. I can tell you that I made sure I was out of the market prior to the end of the week.

Split

Last edited:
Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect

I have joined igindex, firstly what are your comments on them ... i think they are ok, BUT and a BIG BUT for me is that their charts seem to freeze and then I'm out of the game completely for about 2 minutes You will be out for longer than that if you carry on like this while i log out and log back in again to refresh the data ... by which point i've prob LOST big time! err was your STOP LOSS entered ?

Datav some nice posts you have put on here ... iwas readin them all the way back to '06 and a good read. Better reading some more basic stuff on new boys and girls threads

Anyone got any advice on the FTSE market and how I can try to minimize to loss i already have... You cannot minimize a real loss, you can only learn from your error, do not add to it

Cheers

First Steps - T2W Day Trading & Forex Forums

Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect

Cheers

Computers go down, networks crash and markets move.

Here's two words that you will never trade sucesfully without:

STOP LOSS

Lee - I am aware that computers are not reliable, I do actually work with them for my profession. And thats why I'm disappointed that companies that setup websites with spread-betting that they dont have contigency plans in place so that this should NEVER happen!!!

Also what sort of market do you people trader on, I hear that the AIM market is quite a good one to get into??? or is it best to stick with the devil I have learnt with and still trade on FTSE 100?!

The message is: Try not to sink in more than your spare cash!

The market is not going to compensate anyone when it is facing a crash!

Of course, that is a non-guarantee from the FSA that it can compensate or regulate the financial institution well.

S K

Well, I was partly right in my last post. The market went up 3% according to the BBC news, but traders have not been able to trade because of a computer fault.

:whistle:whistling

And post number 753 rings home too.

As they say.....SH!T HAPPENS

There seems to be a permanent Black Swan flying or floating around here, somewhere.
One about 21 years old, at least! :D

I'm laughing because I'm not in but it is a bloody disgrace, nevertheless.

new

Hi all,

I have recently been looking at trading the ftse. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what i need to be looking at? oil prices? interest rates? cpi? level 2/order book? or will just plain old price action do?

Any help is most appreciated.

jords