Day Trade the FTSE

Easy pickings

thank goodness we are back to some reaonable intraday volatility, I had almost gone over to the dark side (4X) Indexes are still too undecided for any swings in my book

Attachments

• FTSE 5 min.png
    FTSE 5 min.png
    82.6 KB · Views: 218
thank goodness we are back to some reaonable intraday volatility, I had almost gone over to the dark side (4X) Indexes are still too undecided for any swings in my book

yeah ftse is pretty good these days .. better than the dow even :eek:

Last Post

yeah ftse is pretty good these days .. better than the dow even :eek:

Last End of week report.

Enjoyed postin but as per yesterday back to swings.

- 6.81 pts for week :eek: should have had those 6 pts on offer earlier in the week but thought there might be one last hrrrraaaa for the little players :rolleyes:

Account margin + 1 pt ( thats why I was inclined to take what was on offer quick yesterday. See earlier posts Dont like to be Wrong Long :D cut your losses

In fact don"t like to be Wrong at all :LOL: which I am told is a weakness I will have to address. Trading for any amount of time helps with that one :LOL:

account moved back to Neutral requires explanation , no one pulled me for my trades so I can only assume plenty of the posters work for SB firms (paranoid me) :?:

account N = all signals taken up or down 1st entry 1/2 2nd entry on 1 st cont of trend if 1st trade in the money if not no add attempt to Run Profits

Biased Short or Long only signals taken in direction of chosen bias, Aggressive adds as per above when the last add is in money. Remove at any failure of move to follow through.

Reason capture large movements with larger size than normal because conditions are judged not to be normal (Sub Prime mess)

Shortorlong you were correct to say I should have taken money off table the other day Under normal circumstances I would agree every time, but trading conditions have not been normal just recently and without any benefit of second sight I judge conditions have returned to normal when margin on account starts to errrrrrrrrr shrink and method fails to provide returns :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Account Bias is opinion based trading and care should be taken :eek:

I use it from time to time and that is my choice

It is not safe to do so unless you are in full control of your trading method & your emotions and any newby looking at SB platform with their 1st account should stick to small stakes (minimum you can use) level stakes per trade.

I am a gambler :( , I always have been :!: I know I am :D and have to keep the urge to gamble in check at all times, I use strict rules to trade and check each trade made so I know if I am straying from them. I have to in order to survive in this world without doing myself or my family any damage.

Anyway thats me done, won"t post on intra ftse, return to the swing trading next week.

Ill be watchin Split, no daft posts on NO BRAINER DAYS, :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: , Not unless you pm me first so I can get a bit on :LOL:

Last edited:
Last End of week report.

Enjoyed postin but as per yesterday back to swings.

- 6.81 pts for week :eek: should have had those 6 pts on offer earlier in the week but thought there might be one last hrrrraaaa for the little players :rolleyes:

Account margin + 1 pt ( thats why I was inclined to take what was on offer quick yesterday. See earlier posts Dont like to be Wrong Long :D cut your losses

In fact don"t like to be Wrong at all :LOL: which I am told is a weakness I will have to address. Trading for any amount of time helps with that one :LOL:

account moved back to Neutral requires explanation , no one pulled me for my trades so I can only assume plenty of the posters work for SB firms (paranoid me) :?:

account N = all signals taken up or down 1st entry 1/2 2nd entry on 1 st cont of trend if 1st trade in the money if not no add attempt to Run Profits

Biased Short or Long only signals taken in direction of chosen bias, Aggressive adds as per above when the last add is in money. Remove at any failure of move to follow through.

Reason capture large movements with larger size than normal because conditions are judged not to be normal (Sub Prime mess)

Shortorlong you were correct to say I should have taken money off table the other day Under normal circumstances I would agree every time, but trading conditions have not been normal just recently and without any benefit of second sight I judge conditions have returned to normal when margin on account starts to errrrrrrrrr shrink and method fails to provide returns :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Account Bias is opinion based trading and care should be taken :eek:

I use it from time to time and that is my choice

It is not safe to do so unless you are in full control of your trading method & your emotions and any newby looking at SB platform with their 1st account should stick to small stakes (minimum you can use) level stakes per trade.

I am a gambler :( , I always have been :!: I know I am :D and have to keep the urge to gamble in check at all times, I use strict rules to trade and check each trade made so I know if I am straying from them. I have to in order to survive in this world without doing myself or my family any damage.

Anyway thats me done, won"t post on intra ftse, return to the swing trading next week.

Ill be watchin Split, no daft posts on NO BRAINER DAYS, :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: , Not unless you pm me first so I can get a bit on :LOL:

will you need to allow more margin with swing trades?

Tough week for me .. minus 40 points. If I stayed in bed Monday and Thursday I would have done a lot better :rolleyes: .. will spend the weekend going over my trades and see where I went wrong .. I have a feeling though that I should have stuck to my wide stop .. sure every so often it will get taken out, undoing the work of many good trades .. but I think this week at least it would have allowed a few expensive bad trades to come good..

will you need to allow more margin with swing trades?

Tough week for me .. minus 40 points. If I stayed in bed Monday and Thursday I would have done a lot better :rolleyes: .. will spend the weekend going over my trades and see where I went wrong .. I have a feeling though that I should have stuck to my wide stop .. sure every so often it will get taken out, undoing the work of many good trades .. but I think this week at least it would have allowed a few expensive bad trades to come good..

one word answer , yes will require more margin to accomidate a larger Stop and price acceptance at stop areas. You can downsize your stake per point but of course you are playing for more points per trade.

intra day my hard stop at the market was 25 pts never moved back it was HARD

Thursday would have been a swing entry for me , Index with back to week high within 20 pts of good reference point which was tested day before (sorry Lurker)

Risk per trade for me is 2.5 % of bank on a swing trade

above set up would clearly be wrong if price accepted under last weeks high, with due regard to where the Dows trading of course, would not want to close out a position just because Dow having one of its opening moments :LOL:

Trade well Shortorlong , itll come back, Follow the plan with your Stops and if it dont work get a new plan :eek:

Not Intra trading , but Ftse looking e"rrrr stretched, if those Dow fut turn down you might want to consider a scalp on those stock things Shotorlong,

you would be clearly trading the wrong way round . but what's new :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

just ribbin you, any better this week or no :?:

yeah doin' ok this week .. some heart stopping draw downs but it's all worked out in the end .. :LOL: ..

Looking at a buy of these lows ( or subsequent after hours lows)..... just in case fed puts a rocket under stox!

Ftse

Lovely drop this morning. just goes to show that you cant have any preconception in daytrading. Its completely different to swing trading. Most daytraders getthe two mixed up and think its similar, but longer term bias will KILL you.
If anyone wants to try my indicators they are available on esignal fileshare called indicator combinations. I use woodies CCI panel as it shows the CCI very clearly, and that is my preferred indicator. Any beginners reading this would do well to spend some time in the woodies CCI club website. You can learn some excellent basics of day trading there. (all free by the way)

Attachments

• Z 5 min7.png
    Z 5 min7.png
    161 KB · Views: 195
Maybe not.... ?

Got my figures wrong initially so shelved the idea..

6400 is big on the chart and 395ish also happens to be the 38% of the august rally.

You can still ignore but I've bought the binaries ( Kiss Of Death) :LOL:

FTSE bungee

Time to post here again I see:clap:
and here is todays chart showing what a great vehicle the ftse can be to trade if you keep your wits about you. The initial drop came down hard to the daily S3 which coincided with the support on the daily chart (yellow line from previous lows) A clear place to look for a bounce. From here on the 15 minute chart, we had a straight run of 120 points! The green step line is my ATR stop, which in this case hardly got a whiff of the price. Some people might recognise the CCI under the chart "a la Woodie" Quite useful, specially when the signal line is added. Crossing of the line provides an entry or exit signal

Attachments

• ftse Mon.JPG
    ftse Mon.JPG
    107.9 KB · Views: 178
April Fool

so lets have the biggest rally of the year. Luckily for day traders ther was a clear entry signal on the stochastic, a break for lunch and then onward and upward to the close.
Chart is the ftse cash. Always a good idea to have one handy if you're trading the future. The white dotted line is the weekly pivot point. The solid white is the daily pivot point, and oh, blue lines daily R1 and R2

Attachments

• ftseApr01.GIF
    ftseApr01.GIF
    10.9 KB · Views: 183
good buying opportunity here

Its been a quiet week so far with not much opportunity to take decent money. We are left with short term trades of 15-30 minutes, which have been good for 10 or 20 points. The FTSE is showing more strength to the up side than the other maarkets at the moment, like the Russell, it is strong on the very high price of crude. If you look at the daily chart of the S&P and the Dax though, we are in quite a tight trading range for several days now. Until we break out of this, its best just to shoot for small gains here and there. The Euro stox 50 is a future contrqact based on the 50 most capitalised stocks in the Eurozone. It has more volume traded even than the S&P 500. (1million + per day contracts) Very useful as a barometer for the wider european economy.

Attachments

• ftseapr7th.GIF
    ftseapr7th.GIF
    34 KB · Views: 143
  • Eurostox.GIF
    Eurostox.GIF
    14.3 KB · Views: 151