Current STIR Conditions

clbfjc

Hi All,

Know there are a fair few people here that trade the STIRS, just wondering what the volume's like and if at the mo it is better to trade them as outrights or spreads. I take it the stop sizes are larger than they used to be as well, so would also like to know if anyone is willing, how many ticks stop people are willing to take at present. Looking at mainly Short Stg or Euribors, anyone looking at the Eurodollar and Swissy is more than welcome to contribute.

Volume and depth are both awful but they're actually pretty easy to trade at the moment (I primarily do outrights)... In terms of technique you may be better off waiting for prices to appear rather than leaving resting orders in though. I wouldn't recommend automated stops (not at market anyway) though as a fat finger from someone could potentially see you being out 100 ticks with the depth as it is.

It be rumoured LIFFE will return sterling to full fat ticks which should help as well.

Hi All,

Know there are a fair few people here that trade the STIRS, just wondering what the volume's like and if at the mo it is better to trade them as outrights or spreads. I take it the stop sizes are larger than they used to be as well, so would also like to know if anyone is willing, how many ticks stop people are willing to take at present. Looking at mainly Short Stg or Euribors, anyone looking at the Eurodollar and Swissy is more than welcome to contribute.

thin, spoofy - don't touch it

Volume and depth are both awful but they're actually pretty easy to trade at the moment (I primarily do outrights)... In terms of technique you may be better off waiting for prices to appear rather than leaving resting orders in though. I wouldn't recommend automated stops (not at market anyway) though as a fat finger from someone could potentially see you being out 100 ticks with the depth as it is.

It be rumoured LIFFE will return sterling to full fat ticks which should help as well.

When is this likely to happen .... I might get back in if that's the case!!