Currency trading (Sept. 18th > 22nd)

Cables close on Friday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
rav700 said:
Just trying to help the board mate and you are right it is from felix the great but I guess it will just help people with some extra info.....

Happy Trading....... :cheesy:
Best of luck for today
I also get the mails and I'm sure he'd be happy mate if some more people were following his calls then the move would be even stronger if his following is as large as he reckons, although recently he hasn't executed due to relatively benign figs...

good trading to you too

We're right on the verge of a big move and it's looking like short cable etc

jonnyy40 said:
We're right on the verge of a big move and it's looking like short cable etc

Nice call jonnyy40!

I got up at 10am (CET), thought it looked toppish and went short, popping out when I had a few nice pips, went short again at the (minor) reversals. +53 pips so far...

PS: For those who missed me, just back from vacation. 4 weeks of South American jungle, where I sprained an ankle slipping off a log, paddled 350km down a pirana-infested river, nearly drowned when I capsized in a treacherous rapid, caught a sunstroke, had lunch in an golddigger's village among guntoting illegal aliens and finished off the trip with a barbecue of grilled... pirana :cheesy:

Cable trading seems so much easier after that ;)

Just went short again at 1.8755

Welcome back Marmoset, you have been missed. You should see the wonga that wasp has taken from the market ! You didn't really miss a lot from August but now it's hottin' up !

good trading again

...looks like we may see a squeeze here for a while. Harmonic 5-0 in progress on the 15min, target area 8775-8789 before a retrace for longs 755-765...new to this stuff though, so don't mind me...gonna stick to the BO plan for today, medling with it last week shaved off 15% profit potential.

Priceman said:
Welcome back Marmoset, you have been missed. You should see the wonga that wasp has taken from the market ! You didn't really miss a lot from August but now it's hottin' up !

good trading again

Hi Priceman,

First thing this morning I looked up cable and eur/usd daily movement, saw a nice head and shoulder formation, figured that the right shoulder could develope into an arm, that is down for a bit.

Must read up on wasp's posts, see he wrote something of just going for price movement as entry/exit signals. That always peaks my interest.

Right now it's twiddling thumbs till Current Acct. and TIC hits the newswires. Chop ahead, hope I don't capsize... :cool:

Minor increase downward of C/A: -218bio, not tradeworthy. Still short at 8755, target 8715 (biggish support at 8705), s/l at 8808.

Does anyone have a reason why EUR/NOK rallied so much so quickly?

I had reached my target and stopped trading for the day so missed it.

For all the Elliott boffs out there, this is an excerpt from an article they sent me, It doesn't mean a great deal to me but some of you may be following;

By Vadim Pokhlebkin

"Trading the news" is a technique any novice forex trader is intuitively drawn to. It's easy to understand why: Read most conventional market analyses, and you can't help but leave with a feeling that the catalyst for any action in currency markets is almost always a news report.

Well, if the news is the driver, let's watch the news. This past Tuesday (Sept. 12), for example, the U.S. Commerce Department released the latest – and the scariest ever – U.S. trade deficit number: $68 billion for the month of July, a new record.

Bad news? Sure. The U.S. dollar ended the day 60 pips stronger against the euro, though.

Today (Sept. 14), it was reported that the U.S. retail sales were "unexpectedly" strong in August, and the number of newly unemployed U.S. workers fell last week.

Good news? No doubt. But between 3 and 11 this morning, the USD lost about 70 pips to the EUR.

In both cases, prices went the opposite way of where the news suggested they should go. Yes, forex analysts will tell you there were "other reasons" that moved the markets on these two occasions. But it doesn't answer this question – the most important one, really: Next time an economic report comes out, are you long or short the USD? … I wouldn't know, either.

One of the alternatives to "trading the news" is trading wave patterns. No, it's not going to deliver every time; there will be "surprises." But unlike "trading the news," you won’t have to flip a coin before putting on a trade, either. The difference is that rather than focusing on events outside the markets, Elliott wave analysis studies the market's internal structure. And that brings a great deal of objectivity.

Last night (Sept. 13), for example, our Currency Specialty Service was bullish the EURUSD for these reasons:

1) "The rally from 1.1640 is incomplete.
2) "The setback from 1.2978 is in a corrective three waves.
3) "With the current setback having retraced just about 61.8% of the prior rally, a bottom should form at current levels.
4) "The favored Elliott wave count has the rally from 1.2460 as wave five in the advance…"

We also showed readers an Elliott-wave labeled chart last night to visually support that forecast.

The next morning (Sept. 14), as you already know, the EURUSD rallied…

You still feel like "trading the news"?

hi Priceman,

could you post a link to the article, particularly if it has an illustration of the wave-counts.
I want to see where I went so hideously wrong with my analysis on Friday.

Minor increase downward of C/A: -218bio, not tradeworthy. Still short at 8755, target 8715 (biggish support at 8705), s/l at 8808.

trendie said:
hi Priceman,

could you post a link to the article, particularly if it has an illustration of the wave-counts.
I want to see where I went so hideously wrong with my analysis on Friday.
Sorry Trendie, it's one of those freebies that they mail out every now and then and when I try to look at the article it asks for me to subscribe... they're not gonna give too much away for free are they, it's a lot of dosh for these short term updates. All the best

Morning all. I am long from 8803, with a target of 8894 and s/l at 8763.

Nothing really exciting happening yet though.

ChowClown said:
Morning chaps, currently short 8811, sl 8844. Stop to BE @778.

Morning Chow...looks like one of us aint gonna be happy today!

Morning everyone,
I'm a very simple trader. I have been trading a stop and reverse breakout system on cable since July. I have doubled my account so far. Hope it continues. Hope to learn from you all.
Good day.

nefariousbaffler said:
Morning everyone,
I'm a very simple trader. I have been trading a stop and reverse breakout system on cable since July. I have doubled my account so far. Hope it continues. Hope to learn from you all.
Good day.

Welcome to the thread! Simple is good!