Currency trading (Aug 28th > Sept 1st)

Cat and mouse on cable this month, more than ever! But the good months more than make up for the slightly mundane ones. No vacuums today, but 1.9080-1.9120 significant level imo.

wasp said:
another exciting day in the world of cable again I see...

Its enough to make you want to change instrument. Either that or change to scalping which I never thought would be neccessary with this market...

wasp, cable's 5day average true range is the lowest since before the May breakout.

which would suggests that we should get some exciting volatility moves soon.

dont forget that even during the boring days you are still collecting information about your chosen market, and when it does decide to make a big move you will recognise it for what it is more than any other market.

there has been so many times i've got bored of a market and looked elsewere, only to look back to see i missed the next breakout!

stay tuned!

:cool:

Last edited:
dc2000 said:
half hour late but job done so no complaints

For some strange reason I thought you were long and your target was 1.9112.. hence my reply.. had to have another read. Cable doing my head in :cheesy:

on the sidelines for now

wasnt happy with second fall as a price below 8990 would change target for tomorrow, I would like to close the US sesh at 1.9051

for the Dow I would like to see a bounce off 355 after lunch and a close around the 390 after a high of 421

Great call DC, as ever! I am currently short from 9074, but the damn thing wont get to my 8972 target..Grrr!!

They tell me patience is a virtue and I did take some off the table at 9024 on the way back up, but Im a little perturbed that we are not below 8990 prior to Bernanke. Ho hum!!

8972 is possible, but for me that would really alter tomorrow which would be like running the length of the pitch at an open goal and turning at the penalty box

dc2000 said:
8972 is possible, but for me that would really alter tomorrow which would be like running the length of the pitch at an open goal and turning at the penalty box

Doji showing on the hourly, so I've taken more off at 9024. Ill let the last lot run to 8972 or b/even.

not bad at all Zuke

Im not in yet but next 20 mins or so should see me join

still waiting for 24 but shouldnt be long

Expecting more of the same sideways stuff early on with a couple of fast moves to position for this afternoons party