Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

cant believe what a tricky day today is ...still..........8am bar flashed life into about 3-4 pairs and we are being hung out to dry again of you were too slow........

graveyard for newbies and intermediate scalpers this morning :)

ok all I can see is decent resells on EA at moment ...........AU buys slowly grinding into picture ...........big cahunnas to sell GU below 3052 (as indicated already) but still really to flakey for me ..........

have a good morning guys ....it will get better

N

I don't tend to Scalp the NU as i have to many others on the list ....should have brought it in today as its been better than most still only offering a handful though on bull plays so far

hmmmmmm..........may resort to that pair again as well

cant believe what a tricky day today is ...still..........8am bar flashed life into about 3-4 pairs and we are being hung out to dry again of you were too slow........

graveyard for newbies and intermediate scalpers this morning :)

ok all I can see is decent resells on EA at moment ...........AU buys slowly grinding into picture ...........big cahunnas to sell GU below 3052 (as indicated already) but still really to flakey for me ..........

have a good morning guys ....it will get better

N

last comments (as i was trying to get people in before i left this morning :))

Ea now 20 pips south of call above . AU marginally higher but faded ............GU is a chop machine ..........so let it settle more

later
N

common guys you are trading russian roulette has we all know AUGUST his the worse month of the year then plus the british did stuff up the market i do not trade live until the beginning of september when all be back to normal .

hey all

london morning session over now ...........

USD and CAD were the extended sells .........GBP was a Real peach of a buy .......hit the +50's eventually

pairwise we had to wait post 8am for the action to warm up (as I frustratingly was finding earlier) ............ then eventually The GU Bull and the EA Bear can out of the closet .a little AU buying as well at times .......and a little EJ / UJ selling later in London session

N

common guys you are trading russian roulette has we all know AUGUST his the worse month of the year then plus the british did stuff up the market i do not trade live until the beginning of september when all be back to normal .

wise words B ..........ive been pretty tied up anyway in my consultancy work to be trading much in August .........:cool:

N

looks interesting .........no way they've got all 28 pairs on the chart so it will be a ABS based prioritising algorithm..........will try to look at coding this week .I do have something similar I use but in the end looking at 8 currencies for my 28 pairs is simpler than looking at 28 pairs ....especially as many pairs are untradeable in lower TF's :cool:

if Bernhard built it it will be slick ...........hes a good programmer at FF .never used him myself though

thanks again
N

had a look through ..........its basically the same as my Free FXCorrelator but I think hes significantly reduced the MA values ........ and added the Fibonacci stuff.............and probably dropped some algos in to smooth the momentum more than my indicator ..........which basically is like putting bands on my Free FXCorrelator

not bad .........but the ALGO normally causes more confusion than it reduces as you are not seeing a simple line

oh yeah and he charged everyone for it ........looks like plenty paid for it as well ! :p

Note to me - start charging for my indicators and advice :smart::cool:

N

Last edited:
morning all .......

usual shift....2 hours of scalping in progress

overnights

USd the sell - to -30's , CAD and NZD the buys into +20's ......cad coming now
GBP shifted into bull mode for London , Yen bear

6am starts ..........

i'm on GBP and CAd for buys ..........both to + 15's so far and improving
Selling USD , YEN , AUD , Euro

pair scalps since 6am.........

only GU buys are delivering much for me so far ........GU has been to +20 pips since 6am a few times now ..........

EJ UJ buys earlier on ..........but patchy

ucad sells bettr now ...........to -20's from 6am and in motion

have a good day ...........its certainly been better than yesterday in first 2 hours for me :)

N

naff last 20 mins ........nothing extending ........scrappy

will play the 8am bar then outta here .......

USd still potential bear sells , and euro and AUD

will look for more rebuys on yen and GBP and CAD into 8am bar

N

GU buys are my lead now ......i'm in and happy to rebuy down to 3165's / 66's as well

have a good day ...been slow last 30 mins but GU helped from 8am bar .........

EJ bull looking better now on supported retraces

Ucad sells as well coming again

N

EJ rebuys .....now wait till 113.40's / 44's for retraces .........after that its in no mans land again

GU to 3193 now ..........nearly 30 pips up from 8am bar

EJ bounced at 113.43 to 113.50 now .......

GU THE play so far from 8am bar

tightening all of these out now ....really want to close out soon and then i'm done

N

Correlator

Bernard correlator + your correlator

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    191.2 KB · Views: 184
hey all

jees I havnt had a chance to pop in at all today !! .........:(

GBP has been the buy looking at charts .......strong London and solid us so far as well ......+40 pips from 6am

Euro has been the Dog ........-40 pips at low a couple of hours back

pairwise its driven by above really ........GU rebuys in play most of the day .......US offered some EU sells (EJ was limp as yen was bear as well as Euro)

Ucad sells , EA sells ..........a little late uj buying in last couple of hours as well

have a great evening....see you tomorrow

N

hey all

jees I havnt had a chance to pop in at all today !! .........:(

GBP has been the buy looking at charts .......strong London and solid us so far as well ......+40 pips from 6am

Euro has been the Dog ........-40 pips at low a couple of hours back

pairwise its driven by above really ........GU rebuys in play most of the day .......US offered some EU sells (EJ was limp as yen was bear as well as Euro)

Ucad sells , EA sells ..........a little late uj buying in last couple of hours as well

have a great evening....see you tomorrow

N

Bernard correlator + your correlator

yep - seen it ..........one of many now available across the Forum universe.... ..he charged for it so I think a lot of users were a bit upset ........:eek:

its ok and i'm sure it does just fine (as long as everyone understands what algos hes put in - which clearly most don't :LOL:;))

........hes a good programmer .........:smart:

N

morning all

6am starts ........

GBP bull , and NZD
USD rangy - bull at moment
Euro , CHF sells .............
Yen rangy

pair scalps 6am .......

still early days and waiting for London market to develop

I scalped GU buys above 3178's .......but a handful really on offer so far and usd has come bull ..............EG sells still acceptable

early days .....

N