Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

hi NVP,
when Dow dropped and tag team didn't go up (pink circle), so we can't rely on Dow all the time?
-SP

Attachments

• 98244d1292833053-correlation-trading-basic-ideas-strategies-overnights2.jpg
    98244d1292833053-correlation-trading-basic-ideas-strategies-overnights2.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 173
hi NVP,
when Dow dropped and tag team didn't go up (pink circle), so we can't rely on Dow all the time?
-SP

hey S

Remember the dow will move based on the underlying stocks that support it - up or down

the inverse correlation of the dow to the yen is pretty good mostly......the usd is a litle flakier

when they dont move oppositely it usually means the yen (and or the usd) have other factors that are stopping the "Normal" inverse relationship

in your example the dow collapsed a little but the tag team did not rise.....that means other forces were selling the tag over and above the normal levels expected

if this selling continues and also the dow bounces back north you have a higher than usual chance the tag will be in sell mode for that period of time - it may decide to reverse everything but thats the game !

you are watching that dow / Tag relationhip at every TF level for these things....it gives you another edge :smart:

or this is all garbage ? ...........your money your bet :p

n

we have a trip corrie sell alert on usd and dow is nicely north.........just need yen to join the party

buy wise aud is sitting in the chair as i said earlier on ......but when we get triple corrie on the yen check the G6 situation then

N

hmmm

i think that the A/U may finally start moving up into the serious meat of the 0.9900's now

let it breach that last high though first

for the more conservative traders the triple arrow has no active signals so stay out of the jungle

N

Well- its in the 0.9920's now so up to you - or wait for the yen to confirm triple arrow sell as well...........

jees - not easy is it ? :sneaky:

N

hey S

if this selling continues and also the dow bounces back north you have a higher than usual chance the tag will be in sell mode for that period of time - it may decide to reverse everything but thats the game !

n

hi NVP, may be today is one of those days where Dow goes down, tag team doesn't go up, and Dow goes up, tag team doesn't go down.

Attachments

• Capture4.JPG
    Capture4.JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 128
aussie D is the main buy currency on the G6.......that usd sell is slow progress though.....still no triple arrow corrie sell on yen so this is all anticpation trading trying to get in early and creat aushion before inevitable next retrace (gulp)

N

gotta be honest............if the tag team are flying in formation on whatever timeframes I am looking at then i'll press the trigger.......whatever dow is doing

I am always looking at every edge though and prefer that dow moving opposite to the tag team

N

this is intresting ....not sure if it will link though if yuor not a subcriber

http://www.moneyweek.com/investment...r&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Money+Morning

its 10 year soverign bond yields...that have risen recently across the globe

that Euro bond chart (als below) is fascinating...........if the euro did not exist you have a fairly decent idea of where european independent currencies would be trading right now re relative values - in reverse of course to the chart !.........

so the German Deutchmark would be significantly stronger than the feeble Greek Dracma and so on..........the spread is fascinating considering what was required for entry.............jees those greeks did a great smoke and mirrors job in their entry exam :p

see how the greek dracma flushed that huge dump in the Euro through the early part of 2010 ?

then a little reprieve in sep/oct got everyone excited and the euro came back......and now its risk on again ?

this is russian roulette without the bullet...........or the gun.....or the russian....(shut up nvp :p )

later
N

Attachments

• euro bonds .jpg
    euro bonds .jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 150
  • euro.jpg
    euro.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
whoa...............the dow is jumping now............buckle up its time to party

n

hope you all have enjoyed the ride ......and I am fully aware that triple corrie arrow buy tag is now in full flow.........but beware some party pooping is near

N

Attachments

• alert.jpg
    alert.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 143
hi all

I know its a bit off topic.........but keep it simple .........heres some blinding trades on the us30 based on just 3ma's and a simple price breach rule

it includes my beloved 20ma as well........naturally !
(twice actually as the 80ma is 4X 20 and will be the 20ma on most
next higher TF's to the one you are using)

any timeframe and any market

N

Attachments

• keep it simple .jpg
    keep it simple .jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 186
hope you all have enjoyed the ride ......and I am fully aware that triple corrie arrow buy tag is now in full flow.........but beware some party pooping is near

N

i said so..........the tag is slowly falling now

N

some you win and some you lose....thats trading :rolleyes:

petar could you mention how you exit trades ?
N

Hello there,

I just returned from holyday :)
I use Support and Ressistance zone for TP.Previuse High Low or strong diagonal,sometimes i use Fibo...
Looking for today setup...:cool:

interesting.......thks ! :smart:

all quiet today and not much about............

later
N

this move is really nice...only gbp is really going south so only one sell in the game

N

time rolls on............i see strong tag on lower timeframes now regardless of a rising dow.....that means they should stay northerly ad even better if dow comes off a little as well

or ........if dow holds it could be a delayed reaction and tag will finally crumble

whatever !!

n