Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

I can't believe it, everytime I want to trade my terminal kicks me out. Will have to have a look from home whether the setup was any good. :(

well that wasnt fun....glad i'm not playing this afternoon :eek:

right back to finally writing this system script for an hour or so....bye bye (y)
N

Attachments

• 22nd April pm session eurozone.jpg
    22nd April pm session eurozone.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 129
I can't believe it, everytime I want to trade my terminal kicks me out. Will have to have a look from home whether the setup was any good. :(

Just checked, perfect setup. Shortly after, JPY went below zero, bounced a few times and is now bearish against AUD. AUDJPY broke through its 200 EMA, I would set my stops at 86.165 and TP at 86.745, then let it run...

Too bad I'm not in.

Next trade: EURJPY. EUR seems to pull back towards 0, while JPY is still bearish. EURJPY is at a double bottom on H1 and on the leg upwards has broken this noon's support at 124.208. It is currently retracing, looking for support. If there is a clear indication for support and an according reading on the corrie, I will go long.

Went long EURJPY. Only got filled 124.268, wanted to get in at 124.200. Still, it's demo only, so will see where that goes.

Stop is at 123.865.

Went long EURJPY. Only got filled 124.268, wanted to get in at 124.200. Still, it's demo only, so will see where that goes.

Stop is at 123.865.

Price went up to 124.618, almost hitting the point for setting my trailing stop. However, it then dropped straight down and took my original stop. I think that this is the worst kind of trade, giving you the feeling of profit only to kill your hopes shortly before you take the decision to at least end up to break even.

JPY bounced several times across the 0 line, while EUR remains steady at its quarterly low.

Price went up to 124.618, almost hitting the point for setting my trailing stop. However, it then dropped straight down and took my original stop. I think that this is the worst kind of trade, giving you the feeling of profit only to kill your hopes shortly before you take the decision to at least end up to break even.

JPY bounced several times across the 0 line, while EUR remains steady at its quarterly low.

Having the same problem at the minute with Gpb/Usd, 9 pips from my T/P before reversing back to -15 pips, still in the trade just but hovering around my opening line.

There's a very fine line between letting your profit run and not letting a winning trade turn into a loser... where the hell that line is I haven't a clue :confused:

I've used trailing stops... the thing I find with them is that more often than not they get hit leaving you with a small profit or break even yet rarely you get the full T/P. Price never moves in nice straight lines.

Having the same problem at the minute with Gpb/Usd, 9 pips from my T/P before reversing back to -15 pips, still in the trade just but hovering around my opening line.

There's a very fine line between letting your profit run and not letting a winning trade turn into a loser... where the hell that line is I haven't a clue :confused:

I've used trailing stops... the thing I find with them is that more often than not they get hit leaving you with a small profit or break even yet rarely you get the full T/P. Price never moves in nice straight lines.

My advice is to always respect the day charts over the hour and minute charts... Sometimes You are just wrong and have to take a stop. But patience and discipline do win out in the long run. I am up quite a bit over the last year. I find that when I am not disciplined enough to wait for the entry I want then I lose, but when I do then I win. Sometimes that takes several days or weeks.

mormin all.....:sleep:

ovrnights are confused.....needs to settle down

Good day for commdolls yesterday......eurozone not so good and tag generally up

later
N

Attachments

• 23rd overnights.jpg
    23rd overnights.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 136
heres the week on one of my hybrids .... E G U

jees..... anyone bag that E G sale ?

N

Attachments

• e g sell .jpg
    e g sell .jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 134

Hi all

watch these 2 on the FXcorrelator on the 1000/1 setting

GBP, YEN , (sometmes also CAD and NZD)

They are the volatile bad boys in the G8 mix.......when they are involved always take the money when its there - or always have stops wider than a 70's flare :p

N

My advice is to always respect the day charts over the hour and minute charts... Sometimes You are just wrong and have to take a stop. But patience and discipline do win out in the long run. I am up quite a bit over the last year. I find that when I am not disciplined enough to wait for the entry I want then I lose, but when I do then I win. Sometimes that takes several days or weeks.

agreed- Patience is the key - and a good system you trust (y)

N

Hi all

oops - head down today as record cotton to bail before early departure for the coast

will pop in when I can......

Yes Yes to all pm's ....... I'm still working on my documentation and system should be ready some time later next week.......thanks to everyone who volunteered as Guinea pigs....i'll let you know whats happening soon (y)

jees - and its gonna be sunny outside all weekend ....boo hoo :cry:

later !
Neil
(NVP)

I see that Euro is steadily climbing.......GBP as volatile as ever .....rollercoaster !

solid as a eurorock......?

N

Attachments

• surostar.jpg
    surostar.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 123