Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

Ref the pm just received

This is why I sold E/U......(aside from the vibrating indicator :p)

could have been a complete balls up....but it wasnt ;)

N

Attachments

• the E_U sell.jpg
    the E_U sell.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 120
commdolls are hunting upwards with the Tag....that has to end soon I think

i need to go now but I do have to chuckle about the new corrie stuff as it reminds me of that old disney classic Herbie rides again

Herbie was a old volkswagon beetle that had a mind and personailty of its own......nuff said ?

later
N

Last edited:
GBP was actually doing ok rising....its the Tag retrace up that killed that potential G/U buy

thats the trick....to bet on one currency firmly going up and one firmly going down.....should not be to much carnage on your losses or position if you only get 1 out of 2 right ....and recognise that early on and bail.....

N

Back again but off out.....heres the morning so far

hope you're putting pips in the bank (y)

N

Attachments

• morning action.jpg
    morning action.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 139
NZD kicking in now on 1 and 5m TF's ....just trying a U/J trade scalp...fingers crossed

that was nice - about 6 pips on me banking on tag falling a little and Yen accelerating
past USD......on U/J it always seems like if you try for 10 it will whip you just as you get there !

N

Attachments

• greedy uJ.jpg
    greedy uJ.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 112
Hi N and all else,

Yes, I'm back.... Tried giving birth to kidney stone very early last Thursday so had to get x-ray then get the SoB zapped so it flushed through me. Killer part for me was no giggly juice over weekend as wifey had me stoked up on pain killers - she had this weird gleam in her eye as she shoveled that c**p inside me! Enough dribble and back into the fray:-

GU; First trade sell stop at 54608 filled by tail of 09:00 bar, price did a little up down move then 09:15 bar pushed down, price started to bottom out after this and rose to take TS during 09:35 bar for 1 point profit. Second trade sell stop at 54434 filled by 10:25 weird bar, price moved up slightly then looked liked it wanted to threaten SL, stalled for four bars and dropped printing 11:05 new local low, made another weak rally to around initial entry level, dropped again with higher low then did nothing and as session near to finishing plus my patience near to zippo, SL dragged down to BE and wick of 11:35 bar caught this for zero point profit.

EU; Sell stop at 33582 filled during 09:00 bar, price moved down then formed narrow range for nine bars, moved down again to print 10:30 new local low, staggered around for seven bars, popped up with some force to take out TS during 11:15 bar for 29 point profit.

EG; First trade entered short on opening 08:05 bar, price stalled then reversed to take out SL during 08:35 bar for 15 point loss. Second trade sell stop at 86384 filled during 09:00 bar, price moved fairly smoothly down, ran out of momentum after 10:00 and flopped around printing 10:35 new local low, went sideways for four bars then 11:10 strong up bar came out of nowhere and trade exited on close of this for 11 point profit.

Yuck! Not a nice morning to get back into swing of things again as its seemed like in general markets were just drifting around with only EU showing its hand earlier on - trade well and regards,
Simon.

Attachments

• gu260410.gif
    gu260410.gif
    16.3 KB · Views: 108
  • eu260410.gif
    eu260410.gif
    14.1 KB · Views: 120
  • eg260410.gif
    eg260410.gif
    14 KB · Views: 124
Hi N and all else,

Yes, I'm back.... Tried giving birth to kidney stone very early last Thursday so had to get x-ray then get the SoB zapped so it flushed through me. Killer part for me was no giggly juice over weekend as wifey had me stoked up on pain killers - she had this weird gleam in her eye as she shoveled that c**p inside me! Enough dribble and back into the fray:-

Simon.

jees mate..whats going on with my A Team.... Alan , you ...c'mon everyone...stay healthy ;)

good to have you back ,mate (y)
N

Hi N and all else,

GU; First trade sell stop at 54608 filled by tail of 09:00 bar - 09:35 bar for 1 point profit. Second trade sell stop at 54434 filled by 10:25 weird bar 11:35 bar caught this for zero point profit.

EU; Sell stop at 33582 filled during 09:00 bar to take out TS during 11:15 bar for 29 point profit.

EG; First trade entered short on opening 08:05 bar - 08:35 bar for 15 point loss. Second trade sell stop at 86384 filled during 09:00 bar, exited on close of this for 11 point profit.

Yuck! Not a nice morning to get back into swing of things again as its seemed like in general markets were just drifting around with only EU showing its hand earlier on - trade well and regards,
Simon.

That Euro sell got you in the money....CHF accompanied it for the ride south

Tag was running to form with market action

Commdols were super heroes all morning

N

Attachments

• morning action.jpg
    morning action.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 125
heres more focused E,G,U 5min action this morning

JRP did well to be in profit....buts that why he is our Stig ! (y)

N

Attachments

• E G U 5m hybrid.jpg
    E G U 5m hybrid.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 126
this is the kinda thing always on my radar.....lookout for a tribal push and trade against the other tribes weaker currencies

CHARGE !! :medieval:

N

Attachments

• commdolls.jpg
    commdolls.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 122
  • charge.jpg
    charge.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
interestingly I would love to show you scores of similar examples for the EuroTribe.....but those dudes tend not to march so much in tandem as commdolls can.....sure Euro and Chf are bosom buddies ....but GBP is always very late to the party or frequently never turns up at all......:eek:

GBP is a real tricky character that needs special treatment at all times :smart:

N

what did you ask.....the Tag Tribe ?

easy peasy :p
N

Attachments

• TAG TRIBE.jpg
    TAG TRIBE.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 117
gotta get back to work but notice the tag may be pushing up again now and yen is getting past the USD as we speak .....

nice scalp move just on the U/J !

(shut up about the U/J Scalps NVP !!)

N

Attachments

• uj scalp.jpg
    uj scalp.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 116