Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

Euros still a sell option but i'm getting real nervous of over extension..........

just squeeeesed off a nice sell move on G/U.....cmon !!!

will she bounce through the 1.59 ?...........probably not first time ...GBP on 5 min TF (500/1 setting) is right on a big support point now as well........ so tighten up

N

yens gone off up like a rocket...usd is pretty stagnent unfortunately

if the usd had just been a little more conducive to correlation with yens move up - you would have been at 1.5885 by now.......instead its bounced back up at the 1.59 as promised

thats trading.........
N

blow me down - trades are back on as usd goes north........... excellent !!!

this is as close as you will get me to trading naked...a few lines and support resistance levels

this is a 500ma /1delta setting on right chart

shame that USD has stayed so range bound resisting a move up - as those E & G sells would be even more profitable than they have been :sneaky:

Yen was/is beautiful (y)

watch that usd as it could dump fast on a dow retrace up

N

Attachments

• no gadgets.jpg
    no gadgets.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 138
textbook afternoon session - see charts below (a 500/1 corrie there on the right)

and so it should be as I anchor most of my trades off of the USD which in turn I link with its yen relationship and of course the Dow30.......

since the Dow is all pure futures based activity in overnight Asian and then early london session (as NY is closed) I always believe I have much more confidence in the London pm sessions and then into the evening as this is when the Dow is actually open and the real money is moving the markets..........

until it doesnt ..........:whistling

until tomorrow :smart:
N

Attachments

• textbook stuff.jpg
    textbook stuff.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 125
hey all

nice overnights and this morning..............

N

Attachments

• overnights.jpg
    overnights.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 129
heres an interesting question that I try to ask myself........

would you be the bookie** on this deal ? :sneaky:

in other words what are the market dynamics/perspectives that are providing a market taker for your trade at this price and place ?

or in other words

"why is the market taking my bet at this price/value ?"

I am told that the greatest negociators, lawyers and even Chess players in the world have the capability to see both sides of an argument/position simultaneously and anticipate outcomes and situations before they occur - thereby allowing them to ultimately win (or at the very minimum draw or mitigate their losses)

try this dual personality test for a while and you may save yourself some silly trades :smart:

N

** bookie is an English slang term for a turf accountant or Bookmaker...my Father and Grandfather were very sucessful bookmakers (and also gamblers) and I grew up in that business

slow morning ...........

i'm eyeballing a scalp on G/U from 1.5746 down to low 30's

n

its all the GBP doing the work....would be nice nowe if the USD moved back upwards into its higher timeframe northern bias :rolleyes:

5742...........here comes the crunch....retrace and disaster or follow though ?

N

both trades back to entry point............ideally USD needs to be more volatile north here....cmmon !!!

hey all

ive closed these oout as the dow is signalling north ........

N

jees............as usual I turn up in a consolidating period.......

taxi for one please