Consistent trading system

-um

Originally Posted by kenn
Man I even have my own personal trade analist. 5 days a week.

FetteredChinos said:
sounds like you are getting screwed

One way or another :LOL: :LOL:

Note: Analist .........you meant.........Analyst ? :eek:

kenn said:
I have it hooked up to my cell phone, and it give's me a
call when the trade comes in. Or trade's. That's plural isn't it ?
No Kenn, that's the possesive. You meant 'trades' I think.

kenn said:
I tell you what, I have over 400 trades
that I can fax you and if you can find more than 40 lossing trades in the lot for $100 or less, you can do a number on me with every one..
Is that the UK 'do a number' or the US 'do a number' Either way. I don't want the subsequent video footage going out on the web.

BTW is a 'lossing' trade like a losing trade with floss?

Since early in this thread there was note of JT's SpotOn system that caused so much controversy when it was plastered all over T2W some time ago, I revisited results today and found that it has indeed put in a new equity high mid Jan-06 indeed in the last 12 months it made 6%.
SIBKIS by comparison has been a veritable disaster.

Good Trading

Being screwed!!!

FetteredChinos said:
sounds like you are getting screwed
If you have such a great rep. Why does your reply come from an eighth
grader vocabulary. You don't even have a clue what one trader does or has for trading strads or you would not be on this link looking to make gains on someone else's coat tails. Show us what your made of. Give us the big win combo you use to support that tongue you call reputation.
Kenn.

kenn, excuse me for saying this but your replyy is a little defensive and appars to play into FC's hand a little. Are you sure your confidence in your "personal trade analist" is not just slightly fragile? What is one of those anyway?

kenn said:
grader vocabulary. You don't even have a clue what one trader does or has for trading strads or you would not be on this link looking to make gains on someone else's coat tails. Show us what your made of. Give us the big win combo you use to support that tongue you call reputation.
Kenn.
Hang on Kenn. Are you giving us secretly coded instructions on how to be Super-Traders? I think you are.

"Trading Strads". Stradivarius ? Musical scale? FIBONACCI!!! Of course. So you're saying Fibs are the way to go.

"Coat Tails" is normally written 'coattails'. Why did you purposefully put that gap in. Of course! GAP and TAIL. Using Fibs and Gap Analysis on long Tails. This is incredible stuff.

Does your 'analist' do all this for you behind your back or is he up front about it?

I do recommend you do not ask FC to show us what he's mad eof. He's a black-hearted salty old sea dog and he's had more ports than he's been in. Not a pretty sight.

And I don't think his tongue is called reputation. I think he, quite prosaically, calls it his tongue.

But please post more Kenn, I think I'n beginning to get a grip on this Da Vinci Code for Traders you Tricky Dicky you!

kenn said:
grader vocabulary

Actually i'm a first grader, a child prodigy, just like great uncle wolfie..

kenn said:
Give us the big win combo

from my mis-spent youth, i think the secret combo is

Hold down L2+R2+triangle+square, then release and hold down circle for a huge power boost, and cranking her up to Irony Factor 4, Mr Sulu..

Say "No" to smut

TheBramble said:
Hang on Kenn. Are you giving us secretly coded instructions on how to be Super-Traders? I think you are.

"Trading Strads". Stradivarius ? Musical scale? FIBONACCI!!! Of course. So you're saying Fibs are the way to go.

"Coat Tails" is normally written 'coattails'. Why did you purposefully put that gap in. Of course! GAP and TAIL. Using Fibs and Gap Analysis on long Tails. This is incredible stuff.

Does your 'analist' do all this for you behind your back or is he up front about it?I do recommend you do not ask FC to show us what he's mad eof. He's a black-hearted salty old sea dog and he's had more ports than he's been in. Not a pretty sight.

And I don't think his tongue is called reputation. I think he, quite prosaically, calls it his tongue.

But please post more Kenn, I think I'n beginning to get a grip on this Da Vinci Code for Traders you Tricky Dicky you!

Tsk - bramble - no smut please :cheesy:

neil said:
Tsk - bramble - no smut please :cheesy:

:cheesy: lol this thread is very funny. Take note Bramble as you are still on licence and you know what happened to that pretend suicide bomber who has just been recalled.

A profit every time.....

The 3 big myths of system trading are

1. you will never have a loss
2. you will never have a drawdown
3. you will catch every point of every move.

These are the first 3 things you need to toss in the trashcan if you want to find anything useful.

replace them with, as many winners as possible in a consistent manner,
drawdowns that can be lived with
catch as much as possible of the targeted moves.

ferrrris said:
Does anyone wanna share a trading system which does not trade very often, but when it does it gives a very good probability of profit. I have read JonnyT's Spot On Systems, and thanks to JT by the way - they are something to build on, but does anyone have a system which is more advanced and is very likely to profit each time it trades?
Thanks

Your answer

stevet said:
i would also like to hear from anyone who would share their successful trading system - but i would be happy for it to trade all the time, as long as it makes a profit all the time

I have a couple of systems that perfom well and win most of the time. One trades more actively and the other makes a higher percentage. The last 3 weeks have yielded a 100% return on the one system. It is very agressive but had only a 4% drawdown. This is what I found to be the most amazing. We knew the system would work well, we just did not know how well. Well, now we know.If you want to take part, let me know and we could talk on the phone.

Waterman

Waterman77 said:
I have a couple of systems that perfom well and win most of the time. One trades more actively and the other makes a higher percentage. The last 3 weeks have yielded a 100% return on the one system. It is very agressive but had only a 4% drawdown. This is what I found to be the most amazing. We knew the system would work well, we just did not know how well. Well, now we know.If you want to take part, let me know and we could talk on the phone.
Waterman
Hi Waterman,
Welcome to T2W.
Given that your reply to stevet is a public one, (as opposed to a PM) may I suggest that you post details of your system on this thread so that the wider membership is able to evaluate it.
;)
Tim.

Afternnon tim

In trigued by your suggestion, I thought I'd do the same in reverse and had a look at some 20+ of your prior posts. I was not able to gain a feel for your approach to trading though. If you have time could you give me a thumbnail sketch ?

timsk said:
Hi Waterman,
Welcome to T2W.
Given that your reply to stevet is a public one, (as opposed to a PM) may I suggest that you post details of your system on this thread so that the wider membership is able to evaluate it.
;)
Tim.

mr_cassandra said:
In trigued by your suggestion, I thought I'd do the same in reverse and had a look at some 20+ of your prior posts. I was not able to gain a feel for your approach to trading though. If you have time could you give me a thumbnail sketch ?
Afternoon Mr.C',
Although, in your case I guess it's morning!
I asked Waterman77 if he'd care to publish details of his system for two reasons:
A. He claims to have one; two in fact!
B. He's got 'vendor' attached to his name and so, presumably, he has something to sell. If he offers details of his system, it will help members decide whether or not his services / products are likely to be of any value. A win:win situation.

Neither of the above two things apply to me! But, since you're kind enough to enquire, I'm currently working on a top down checklist approach for swing trading U.K. equities. Starting with the strength / weakness of the market as a whole, I'm then looking to assess constituent sectors. I'm trying to develop a point system based on the usual suspects - support, resistance and trend etc. I'll then look to trade long the strongest stocks in the strongest sector and short the weakest stocks in the weakest sector. Long or short will be governed by the current trend of the FTSE 250 index. All very old hat, nothing new or clever, I'm afraid.
;)
Tim.

Couple suggestions

The free & public ners system may be of some help to you and if you find it trades too frequently for your time constraints, there's also noconas hourly rsi system; also free & public.
As a system developer with some 6 years experience, I'm a great fan of noconas, though mt IT job precludes the busy intraday stuff he does.

http://www.investorshub.com/boards/board.asp?board_id=2462

timsk said:
Afternoon Mr.C',
Although, in your case I guess it's morning!
I asked Waterman77 if he'd care to publish details of his system for two reasons:
A. He claims to have one; two in fact!
B. He's got 'vendor' attached to his name and so, presumably, he has something to sell. If he offers details of his system, it will help members decide whether or not his services / products are likely to be of any value. A win:win situation.

Neither of the above two things apply to me! But, since you're kind enough to enquire, I'm currently working on a top down checklist approach for swing trading U.K. equities. Starting with the strength / weakness of the market as a whole, I'm then looking to assess constituent sectors. I'm trying to develop a point system based on the usual suspects - support, resistance and trend etc. I'll then look to trade long the strongest stocks in the strongest sector and short the weakest stocks in the weakest sector. Long or short will be governed by the current trend of the FTSE 250 index. All very old hat, nothing new or clever, I'm afraid.
;)
Tim.

timsk said:
Afternoon Mr.C',

;)
Tim.

Tim,

What if you come across a stock with good relative strength, in a weak sector? Do you still buy? Have you actually found that you get better results if the stock's strength is backed up by the sectors strength - or does this just seem like good practice.

Do you actually trade this, including the short side? I trade along similar lines, but found the short side a little "too hot to handle".

Thanks in advance,
UTB

Last edited:
the blades said:
Tim,
What if you come across a stock with good relevant strength, in a weak sector? Do you still buy? Have you actually found that you get better results if the stock's strength is backed up by the sectors strength - or does this just seem like good practice.
UTB
Hi UTB,
What I've described is merely a filtering process looking at weekly charts. The objective is to:
1. Minimise the number of stocks I need to look at as monitoring all 350 members would be too time consuming.
2. Ensure that I'm trading with the prevailing market and sector trend. At the moment, all trades would be long.
To answer your question, I probably won't see the strong stock in the weak sector as I'm only looking at the strongest stocks in the strongest sector (in an uptrend) and the weakest stocks in the weakest sector (in a downtrend).

the blades said:
Do you actually trade this, including the short side? I trade along similar lines, but found the short side a little "too hot to handle".
No, I'm not trading this yet; still very much at the development stage. To be honest, not many of my ideas ever get beyond the development stage! To be doubly honest, I can't claim credit for the mechanics of this process either, the core ideas belong to my mate tomorton, who is trading along these lines and enjoying great success. Once he's selected his strongest stocks from the strongest sector, he looks for an opportunity to 'jump on board' and ride the trend. As for going short, no, not in the current buoyant climate. When the market index loses momentum and reverses or, more likely, goes into a sideways muddle, then the weak sectors (especially ones that were weak when the index was strong) become the focus of attention and then in turn, the weakest stocks within that index.
Cheers,
Tim.

timsk said:
Hi UTB,
What I've described is merely a filtering process looking at weekly charts. The objective is to:
1. Minimise the number of stocks I need to look at as monitoring all 350 members would be too time consuming.
2. Ensure that I'm trading with the prevailing market and sector trend. At the moment, all trades would be long.
To answer your question, I probably won't see the strong stock in the weak sector as I'm only looking at the strongest stocks in the strongest sector (in an uptrend) and the weakest stocks in the weakest sector (in a downtrend).

No, I'm not trading this yet; still very much at the development stage. To be honest, not many of my ideas ever get beyond the development stage! To be doubly honest, I can't claim credit for the mechanics of this process either, the core ideas belong to my mate tomorton, who is trading along these lines and enjoying great success. Once he's selected his strongest stocks from the strongest sector, he looks for an opportunity to 'jump on board' and ride the trend. As for going short, no, not in the current buoyant climate. When the market index loses momentum and reverses or, more likely, goes into a sideways muddle, then the weak sectors (especially ones that were weak when the index was strong) become the focus of attention and then in turn, the weakest stocks within that index.
Cheers,
Tim.

Tim,

Thanks for the reply.

What's stopping you from starting this?

In my experience, a simple strategy as you've outlined can be very effective, without much modification.

Cheers,
UTB

the blades said:
In my experience, a simple strategy as you've outlined can be very effective, without much modification.
:cool:

the blades said:
What's stopping you from starting this?
Long story. If you ever venture south then give me a shout and we'll go for a beer. Be warned though, I'll bore you rigid with my answer!
Tim.

timsk said:
:cool:

Long story. If you ever venture south then give me a shout and we'll go for a beer. Be warned though, I'll bore you rigid with my answer!
Tim.

Will do Tim.

I hope she was worth it :rolleyes:

UTB