Simple MA / EMA Trading System for Dax

Piphoe, what time frame would u use? 30min chart? Would stop be under lowest candle?

I have stripped my chart from fib, elliot wave, b bands, everything.

I have used MA crosses but when it goes wrong you get spanked hard. Need a quickier exit. Hmmmm

The lesser known (Hull) Moving average, it makes the SMA, EMA & WMA look prehistoric IMHO, served me well for over 10 years and transformed my trading. Sure I have losing trades, but rarely have a losing day.

Piphoe, what time frame would u use? 30min chart? Would stop be under lowest candle?

I have stripped my chart from fib, elliot wave, b bands, everything.

I have used MA crosses but when it goes wrong you get spanked hard. Need a quickier exit. Hmmmm

i like the 15 min candle, because the higher you get the less minor data discrepancy matters. get to 4 hr candle who gives a sh^t if it's a few ticks off??

No, don't "stop under lowest candle" or anything like that. I'm always looking at strategies like that but can't make this work for me.

Fibs, elliot wave, fractals, MA's B bands, voodoo, alternative medicine etc.

nah:LOL:

i like the 15 min candle, because the higher you get the less minor data discrepancy matters. get to 4 hr candle who gives a sh^t if it's a few ticks off??

No, don't "stop under lowest candle" or anything like that. I'm always looking at strategies like that but can't make this work for me.

Fibs, elliot wave, fractals, MA's B bands, voodoo, alternative medicine etc.

nah:LOL:

What suit one may not suit another, I don't use fibs, elliiot etc, but some do to great effect, its all down to what suits you style, what works for one may not work for another, there is no one set up that works for all IMHO. I know Postman and I often have trades that match and we use completely different set up. Finding a system that suits you is the hardest part, then you need to fully understand everything about your system, and most importantly ignore everybody else's opinion and trade your system per say.

What suit one may not suit another, I don't use fibs, elliiot etc, but some do to great effect, its all down to what suits you style, what works for one may not work for another, there is no one set up that works for all IMHO. I know Postman and I often have trades that match and we use completely different set up. Finding a system that suits you is the hardest part, then you need to fully understand everything about your system, and most importantly ignore everybody else's opinion and trade your system per say.

well, "but some do to great effect" is the question brought by this thread?

i don't know personally anyone successful using elliot waves, MA's or even HA candles for that matter.

sorry, just not proven to me:confused:

seriously? thats better than :cool:great

seriously, rarely a losing DAY?

The Hull & Heiken Ashi are very powerful, add in the elements of my set up that I won't release (be-spoke indicator) IT finance programmed for me, and I'm confident I can make a comfortable living from the markets as I have for over a decade.

i don't know personally anyone successful using elliot waves, MA's or even HA candles for that matter. sorry, just not proven to me:confused:

Just follow my trades on the FTSE thread and you will see its all easily possible :)

Ma, ta etc etc was a stabilizer for a while, it did help me with the reading of "price movement"

I trade the dax using nothing more than a multi tf combo these days, the use of smaller & larger tf's give me my confluence signals together with current momentum suited to my style.

Simple & ultra clean.

All indies are in the bin, but that's not to say they don't work for others.

No one needs to explain his method, if you have one similar then it explains itself if you've done your own work.

Here's a question I ask myself often (and i didn't make this i heard it elsewhere)..

Could I take any RANDOM trade, and with good money management be profitable at end of the week? or month?

just "jump in" anywhere, randomly, manage the trade. jump in again, and again and again ..

be profitable over a long run (you pick the time frame) with great money management only?

Here's a question I ask myself often (and i didn't make this i heard it elsewhere)..

Could I take any RANDOM trade, and with good money management be profitable at end of the week? or month?

just "jump in" anywhere, randomly, manage the trade. jump in again, and again and again ..

be profitable over a long run (you pick the time frame) with great money management only?

It's all random at the end of the day, with so many people with different ideas of value price points etc. The trick is to find conditions that suit your style, jumping in anywhere & using quick exits for the turds & letting the shinny ones run (good money management) will lead to poor discipline in the end & that dump or poke you didn't keep you eye on will empty your coffers, coz a quick exit isn't always possible in the real world.

the stock indicators nothing more than gross CRUDE math applied to stock platforms.

the contemporary "maths phd's" behind the creation of the algos (that control the markets) are laughing at us.

you won't beat them at there own game with a HULL MA or a Henkai-Ashi:sleep:

the stock indicators nothing more than gross CRUDE math applied to stock platforms.

the contemporary "maths phd's" behind the creation of the algos (that control the markets) are laughing at us.

you won't beat them at there own game with a HULL MA or a Henkai-Ashi:sleep:

it's not about beating them, it's about joining them.

Algos are bs in their own right, they need constant tweaking, companies spend millions on their systems, we are retail, we find another way.

If someone is using Hull or whatever trigger they have settled on to achieve the joining of the ride, then fair play to them,

Over-complicate at your peril

it's not about beating them, it's about joining them.

Algos are bs in their own right, they need constant tweaking, companies spend millions on their systems, we are retail, we find another way.

If someone is using Hull or whatever trigger they have settled on to achieve the joining of the ride, then fair play to them,

Over-complicate at your peril

they spend millions (R&D?) but we find another way??? :clap:

what is that way, astrology? alchemy? a HULL MA:D

not trying make fun, but c'mon reality ck

look, i'm retail too not dissing you, just disagreeing with your premise

Last edited:
the algos, which really took hold after 2007 have ruined scalping.

the noise they throw up (and i do mean throwup) reverbs into the higher TF's too.

the minute charts is so full of algo noise. the 5 min candle is now corrupt!(n)

what's next?