Classical Step System - Simple Is Better!

PipSteppin

So a video I saw today reminded me that some of the best trading systems in the world are very simple. The reason why most people fail with a system is due to poor risk management or the system needing a simple tweak.

So I have decided to work on a system that focuses first on risk and stop loss management and then move forward from there. I am going to post some simple techniques with a system that I like to call the classical step method. You can see the video I watched earlier today here, http://fxtrainingnetwork.com/free-trading-system.

My plan is to start with this concept and begin with a simple MA cross but I am going to use the alligator indicator. I will post trade setups and my results. If anyone wants to work with me on this feel free to contribute.

So a video I saw today reminded me that some of the best trading systems in the world are very simple. The reason why most people fail with a system is due to poor risk management or the system needing a simple tweak.

So I have decided to work on a system that focuses first on risk and stop loss management and then move forward from there. I am going to post some simple techniques with a system that I like to call the classical step method. You can see the video I watched earlier today here, http://fxtrainingnetwork.com/free-trading-system.

My plan is to start with this concept and begin with a simple MA cross but I am going to use the alligator indicator. I will post trade setups and my results. If anyone wants to work with me on this feel free to contribute.

hi pipsteppin

I couldnt agree more...........a simple ma and a little eyeball time on price action is the most effective method out there

the ma is the basis for 90%+ of everying else anyway :smart:

NVP

Thanks for the post NVP, this week I am going to start posting some trades. Wold love more input from people :)

" ...but I am going to use the alligator indicator" do u ve any idea about the age of

the alligator indicator. It doesnt work. Moving Averages dont work.

u r one of thousands of traders trying to invent the wheel. I m sure this will go on for ever.
Good for me but bad for u.

You're wrong when you say it doesn't work. Most indicators won't work on their own, but when you understand what they are attempting to do you can apply other filters to make the trade work. Follow this thread for a month and you can tell me if it works or not then.

Hi PipSteppin - simple is good, so simpler is better and simplest is best. To my mnd, simple doesn't mean a MA cross. Price is the primary indicator, MAs are derivatives of price and you are talking about using two.
Interested in seeing your set-up and trades though.

"Follow this thread for a month and you can tell me if it works or not ..."

u r lost if u r calculating on historical datasets.
what u need is a model with some parameters which fits the present dataset.