Consistent trading system

ferrrris

Does anyone wanna share a trading system which does not trade very often, but when it does it gives a very good probability of profit. I have read JonnyT's Spot On Systems, and thanks to JT by the way - they are something to build on, but does anyone have a system which is more advanced and is very likely to profit each time it trades?
Thanks

i would also like to hear from anyone who would share their successful trading system - but i would be happy for it to trade all the time, as long as it makes a profit all the time

Profit every time one trades!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the real world, losses, runs of losses, are to be expected and catered for.

There is no such thing as a tradeable 100% winning system.

Anything over 40% is exceptional.

JonnyT

JT - I think Stevet was being facetious.

Ferrrris - A strange request. Why not just ask for money?

What do you mean 'more advanced'? You want something Occasional and a Profit every time. How about an ATM? There whenever you want it and money out every time. Any good?

I'm sure JT will be pleased to know you feel his system (provided FOC) is something to build on. He's a bit of a shrinking violet and will appreciate those words of encouragement from a master trader.

Damn! Knew I shouldn't have carried on posting tonight....the adrenaline is still flowing from the JftB cameo.

Does anyone wanna share a trading system which ... is very likely to profit each time it trades?

I don't mean this unkindly but, for the sake of your own peace of mind, grow up.

If it existed its proprietor would hardly publish it here for all to have for free.

I suspect one would have to pay many millions for it.

Obviously I'm not asking anyone to share a system that was 100% succesful trades -that wouldn't make any sense! I was just wondering if anyone had systems with a stronger winning ratio that members have already shared.
Peace
Ferris

Ferris,

It's worth signing up for the free trial of www.fxengines.com just for the freely available strategies posted within their forum. You can build and backtest your own FX systems very easily and they say they're hooking up with FXCM, GFT etc soon with their autotrade application. Looks promising, time will tell.

Good luck.

Hello stevet and ferrrris

I suspect that most people will not share there profitable strategy and its not hard to see why.
I feel that all the tools needed to trade are right here on this site.
It will take time and you will probably realise the best way to trade was right in front of you all along.

Good Luck
Faris.. :)

Faris

i know how to trade - just did not want to get left out of anyone sharing their successful strategy - so dont put them off!

Last edited:
Thans guys. fxengines is quite a powerful tool which has a free trial period. It lets you create your own systems and backtest them all the way back to jan 03. I would recomend it to any novice such as myself.

ferrrris said:
Thans guys. fxengines is quite a powerful tool which has a free trial period. It lets you create your own systems and backtest them all the way back to jan 03. I would recomend it to any novice such as myself.

Ferrrris... Try this... Need help for backtest this system or feedback to fine tune it...

At 00:00 EST or 07:00 EST or 17:00 EST Sun-Fri (NB! No trading between Fri 15:00 EST to Sun 21:00 EST)

1- Close out any open positions.
2- Cancel any unexecuted orders.
3- Set an Entry Buy limit order 18 pips above market price with 35 pips Stop Loss and 10 pips Take Profit.
4- Set an Entry Sell limit order 18 pip below market price with 35 pips Stop Loss and 10 pips Take Profit.
5- Set another Entry Buy limit order with the Take Profit value + 7 pips from step 3 with 35 pips Stop Loss and 10 pips Take Profit.
6- Set another Entry Sell limit order with the Take Profit value + 7 pips from step 4 with 35 pips Stop Loss and 10 pips Take Profit.
7- Set another Entry Buy limit order with the Take Profit value + 7 pips from step 5 with 35 pips Stop Loss and No Take Profit.
8- Set another Entry Sell limit order with the Take Profit value + 7 pips from step 6 with 35 pips Stop Loss and No Take Profit.
9- Let the pips roll and make money.

I am not using H and L... but using a breakout with +/-18 pips from the market price with SL 35 and TP 10... and two more limit orders to capture more pips... i.e.: 6 orders per currency pairs...

00:00 EST - 06:00 EST session trading GBP/USD and USD/CHF
07:00 EST - 16:00 EST session trading GBP/USD and EUR/USD
17:00 EST - 23:00 EST session trading GBP/USD and EUR/JPY

Cheers,
--
Linuxtroll

Last edited:
Linuxtroll:that's an interesting strategy,I use something similar myself but on a less formalised basis.
The plan I'm about to describe goes against many of the trading rules people talk about,for example I will never use a tight stop.However,it does have a high success rate(> 80 %).
1.I trade the major currency pairs using quarterley futures and spreadbets..
2.I look for areas of congestion at the end of a minor trend,needs only to be a 2 or 3 day trend.
3.I buy at obvious support or sell at obvious resistance,the s/r points are easily derived from the daily charts.
4.I will usually,but not always,trade with the major trend.
5.I ALWAYS set a limit to take profit at about 20% of the ATR(14).
6.My stop is way out,at least 10 x ATR(14).
7.If the trade goes wrong I am content to let it ride until it changes direction again.I will then consider adding to the position in size to close the position out.You read it right,I will add to a losing position!!!
8.Good entry is crucial:requires some patience.
At times,I have had to wait several weeks for a trade to come back.
Believe it or not,I have used this system since April and it has been consistently profitable,but of course as where the entry is positioned is absolutely critical to its success it may not be suitable for a novice.

Ferris,

I can understand your question! Every trader wants to make as much money as it can gets with the best tradings systems......

Let me tel first of al this...nobody can know what the market will do , not I can, not you and either the best system can. But there is or are systems and strategys, that can make your profit much higer. So you will be come to the 10% traders who wins and earns 100000's month in month out.

But is up to you to find that system and strategy. Can give you one tip...that kind of trading is not like the most trader are trading. And they mostly called intertraders.

Forgive my bad english

ciao

winod said:
Can give you one tip...that kind of trading is not like the most trader are trading. And they mostly called intertraders.
Winod, what is an intertrader?

re always a profit

ferrrris said:
Does anyone wanna share a trading system which does not trade very often, but when it does it gives a very good probability of profit. I have read JonnyT's Spot On Systems, and thanks to JT by the way - they are something to build on, but does anyone have a system which is more advanced and is very likely to profit each time it trades?
Thanks

Though I feel (after 4 years work) my system is a very viable trading system, I seriously doubt there will ever be one that always makes a profit.

We're dealing with herd mental;ity here as well as unplannend current events.

Imo you'd be better of to search for one which tardes consistently enough to beat ltbh in all the major types of mkts (bull/bear/flat)

Milt

Some words of caution.
Mathematically you are bound to lose

Your risk (Van tharps "R") is 10 and your win is 2. so unless your win ratio is truly staggering you MUST lose in the long term.
This will be compounded by adding to a losing postion.
You are experiencing massive win loss ration which is emboldening you
It will work for a very long time because you have wide stops but when it fails......

It may be better to re align the profit target and stop ratio

RS

milt said:
Linuxtroll:that's an interesting strategy,I use something similar myself but on a less formalised basis.
The plan I'm about to describe goes against many of the trading rules people talk about,for example I will never use a tight stop.However,it does have a high success rate(> 80 %).
1.I trade the major currency pairs using quarterley futures and spreadbets..
2.I look for areas of congestion at the end of a minor trend,needs only to be a 2 or 3 day trend.
3.I buy at obvious support or sell at obvious resistance,the s/r points are easily derived from the daily charts.
4.I will usually,but not always,trade with the major trend.
5.I ALWAYS set a limit to take profit at about 20% of the ATR(14).
6.My stop is way out,at least 10 x ATR(14).
7.If the trade goes wrong I am content to let it ride until it changes direction again.I will then consider adding to the position in size to close the position out.You read it right,I will add to a losing position!!!
8.Good entry is crucial:requires some patience.
At times,I have had to wait several weeks for a trade to come back.
Believe it or not,I have used this system since April and it has been consistently profitable,but of course as where the entry is positioned is absolutely critical to its success it may not be suitable for a novice.

Last edited:
I have a system that has been successful in 8 of the last 10 months trading gbp/usd, before that i was trading the system on ftse futures. I would like to know if anyone could tell me if the volatility this year in the forex market, ie the average daily moves is typical of most years.

Thanks,

Breadman