Confessions of a local

Stats - yep stats are great. One of them is that > 90% of traders are losers which means at least one of you great sages is in that class, but I think it may be just a few more than that.

Whoa i thought that only 10% of traders are losers and the deficit came from the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, go to the top of the class son. Heres another stat i could say with confidence, that about 95% of ppl on this forum have already heard what the percentage of losing traders are.

Just funny how you guys with a 1000 plus posts to your name just come out with personal abuse when someone rattles your little cosy club.

Stats - yep stats are great. One of them is that > 90% of traders are losers which means at least one of you great sages is in that class, but I think it may be just a few more than that.

Thank God, I do NOT have 1000+ posts :)

Could you please tell me/us, why you rattle the little cosy club? :LOL:
So far I have not found out, why. It makes no sense to me.

If you were successful, why would you care?
If not, why not trying politely or by asking decent questions?

Sorry, but you sound just frustrated and/or just enjoy yourself by pi**ing on other people's walls.

Could you explain your motivations, please ... Sir? :cool:

To take some of your worries away. Yes, here are some successful traders on the board.
Maybe even less than 5(!!!)% of the members here belong to that group.

My definition of successful: You can lock the person up in a room with just charts and trading application and he will come out consistently with a profit that feeds him and his family :)

Cheers Carlos

Maybe the mods could consider cleaning this thread up a bit. It was a f**king cracker before this horsesh1t started.

This is a journal, first and foremost, and a bloody interesting one at that. If you take issue with Tom's methods question him on one of the threads where his methods are a topic of debate.

Please don't clutter this thread with your petty sniping and pathetic moralising about good trading practices. Most of us are too old and cynical to tolerate the self-righteousness of a kid like you.

Tom, don't stop posting here. It would p1ss me off no end if you let this ar5eclown shut this thread down.

Last edited:
Hey fp...if you can't make money from just a chart, I can help you.

I know it's easier to simply believe that because you cannot do so, that neither can anyone else...but it's really not like that, mate.

Come on, I'll get you profitable.

I had a method of obtaining prices 300mS - before they hit the sceen - packet sniffing if you really want to know. It worked. It made money.

I used to do this kind of thing back in 2005. In fact my very first posts on this forum were about data delays and quick profits as a result.

Then I learnt how to trade.

Tom is an adrenalin junkie. He trades the news. And he mostly gets it right - he doesn't know how but he does.

Just incase you really are THAT stupid, I might as well clarify that I don't trade news at all. Infact, I've been saying since day one....IGNORE ALL NEWS...

Yup full of great ideas. Double up on losing positions. Decide where the market is going to go before the open. Hold on to losing positions over the weekend. etc etc.

LOL, dude, could you be more misguided on the way I trade? You're referring to a journal, written for the express purpose of entertaining...I teach on here and I have never advocated any of what you have said above...

:)

Last edited:
Hey fp...if you can't make money from just a chart, I can help you.

I know it's easier to simply believe that because you cannot do so, that neither can anyone else...but it's really not like that, mate.

Come on, I'll get you profitable.

I used to do this kind of thing back in 2005. In fact my very first posts on this forum were about data delays and quick profits as a result.

Then I learnt how to trade.

Just incase you really are THAT stupid, I might as well clarify that I don't trade news at all. Infact, I've been saying since day one....IGNORE ALL NEWS...

LOL, dude, could you be more misguided on the way I trade? You're referring to a journal, written for the express purpose of entertaining...I teach on here and I have never advocated any of what you have said above...

:)

Thanks to all contributers.

Of course I have to admit you are all right. I have been consistently losing money in the markets for years, and the truth is I haven't a clue how to make trade profitably.

I can't read a chart - I dont even know what the symbols mean. I buy at the top and sell at the bottom

I don't even have enough money to buy a car - never mind drive 3 hours to work

One good thing has come out of this though. I have a lovely picture of Chesney to while away those lonely moments

The trouble with your time delay technique is that it's cheating really, eh?

Boo-hoo when they suss you out and put you on dealer requote or just ban you all together?

Hardly going to provide you with a life-long income is it mate?

We might have a breakout trade coming on the Euro guys...it's in a tight range...get in ahead of the major news - US GDP could make this break violent...we'll up the stakes on this one - I'm going to go all in but if you are a bit risk averse just risk 50% of your account. We'll put a stop in after the news. Don't want to get blipped out on the squeeze. If it goes offside, average your price so you can get out for breakeven if worst comes to worst...

sh*t wrong thread.

sorry

We might have a breakout trade coming on the Euro guys...it's in a tight range...get in ahead of the major news - US GDP could make this break violent...we'll up the stakes on this one - I'm going to go all in but if you are a bit risk averse just risk 50% of your account. We'll put a stop in after the news. Don't want to get blipped out on the squeeze. If it goes offside, average your price so you can get out for breakeven if worst comes to worst...

sh*t wrong thread.

sorry

After your FTSE call yesterday should we be going long or short on this one - or both?

Confession is good for the ....sole

Thanks to all contributers.

Of course I have to admit you are all right. I have been consistently losing money in the markets for years, and the truth is I haven't a clue how to make trade profitably.

I can't read a chart - I dont even know what the symbols mean. I buy at the top and sell at the bottom

I don't even have enough money to buy a car - never mind drive 3 hours to work

One good thing has come out of this though. I have a lovely picture of Chesney to while away those lonely moments

Confession is good for the soul - so pleased you have decided to own up to the above. At least we have your true profile in writing. Good luck in your search for a true vocation in life:love:

fight fight fight fight fight fight fight fight fight fight fight fight fight fight fight fight fight fight fight fight fight fight fight fight fight fight fight fight fight fight fight fight fight fight fight fight

fight fight fight fight fight fight fight fight fight fight fight fight fight fight fight fight fight fight fight fight fight fight fight fight fight fight fight fight fight fight fight fight fight fight fight fight

wheres slev when you need him:rolleyes:

I take it FPTrader means F@ckin ***** Trader? How about French Peas Trader? Seems like he could find a niche there in French vegetables - so FP how do you mitigate the risk of a poor harvest not being reflected in your charts?

I reckon FP must be an MD of a spread betting firm and TD's methods are hurtin' his bottom line - so he's come here to try and rubbish TD in the hope of dissuading newb's from taking on his successful 'edge'.

Excellent read btw Tom - JK Rowling of the Trading world!! LOL