Confessions of a local

If I were doing 80 through Richmond, coffee in one hand, mobile in the other, I'd be praying the local plod don't notice the fact that I'm driving with my knees.

If I were doing 80 through Richmond I'd be pissed tbh

Also Tom, sorry for not reading your posts, but I don't have a big enough attention span so I'm going to assume they're good.

When i read Toms' extracts i think of 'Police Squad'/Naked Gun, and Tom is Nielsen,.....you know, driving along, doing 80, drinking coffee, dealing with clients, clipping his toe nails, blow drying his hair, blending a smoothie, microwaving a bagel....etc etc.

Tom/Nielsen (voice)....

"...Summer in the shop can get hot, real hot and sticky, and the smell can drive you stir crazy when the markets are buzzing. The boss had me on the ladder all day, a real grueler."

Camera switches to Tom on a pair of step ladders painting and decorating Futex.

Bad humour, bad humour....Sorry Tom, i won't bother you anymore.

Tom got asked to cover his position for the weekend,....so he put a blanket over his chair (police squad, covering exits gag)hehe.

I am not going to post the next installment up, to preserve the identity of some of those mentioned.

If anyone is interested in reading it, please send me a PM and I will forward it to you.

For personal reasons I am not going to send it to anyone that has a small number of posts under their name. Apologies for any inconvenience.

Further episodes will be back on here.

-Tom

I am not going to post the next installment up, to preserve the identity of some of those mentioned.

If anyone is interested in reading it, please send me a PM and I will forward it to you.

For personal reasons I am not going to send it to anyone that has a small number of posts under their name. Apologies for any inconvenience.

Further episodes will be back on here.

-Tom

So seemingly "nobody" is entitled :) :LOL:

Well I read it and I really couldn't believe what I was reading.

I mean it started out believable enough, but then it just got all wierd. And frankly the last paragraph, where you start going on about the night with the Vienna Boys Choir and the industrial tub of swarfega was just freaky.

I thought it was gonna be another piece related to your trading. Boy was I surprised ;)

lol

Ah Bisto..no..I mean...

Well I read it and I really couldn't believe what I was reading.

I mean it started out believable enough, but then it just got all wierd. And frankly the last paragraph, where you start going on about the night with the Vienna Boys Choir and the industrial tub of swarfega was just freaky.

I thought it was gonna be another piece related to your trading. Boy was I surprised ;)

Ah Swarfega...that brings back memories of an engineering apprenticeship and early years spent as an engineering plant fitter.:love:

Wednesday, 04th March: 13:00 P.M.

"A/S/L?" she writes.

Ah. The ubiquitous question. The harbinger of all online sexual encounters.

Age. Sex. Location.

Why does age come first? Surely, of the three questions, the other persons sex is more important?

Where did this girl get my MSN address from anyway?

The Bund has tanked on the open. I'm waiting for a retracement to get in short. The market is slowly grinding upwards. Patience.

The picture in the right hand corner of the screen shows the top half of a naked female body. It's slim and tanned. The face is hidden, both hands are strategically covering her breasts.

I type back, knocking five years off my age. 24. Not too young to be unattractive to the older woman but not old enough to be someones grand dad. I hope.

Like my trading, I try to plan ahead for all eventualities.

A few seconds go past.

I'm watching the Bunds slowly uptick. I put an offer in at 124.92.

She comes back with: "I'm starting my cyber show in five minutes, hun. No credit card needed!! I'll get naked...if you do!!!"

Sh*t.

Bunds seem to be taking an age to get to my offer. They've been weak all morning. Stocks have been rallying. Perhaps it won't get up there.

She sends me to a link with a picture of her. A good looking blonde girl. Among assorted images of her posing in her underwear she is sitting on a chair, cradling a little kitten to her shoulder.

Perhaps it's something about the interior of the room behind her but suddenly I think of some foreign girl, with no money, stripping for a webcam in some dingy basement flat in Earls Court.

I feel a bout of depression.

A colleague comes over to my desk. An ex-professional poker player turned trader.

"I hope you're offering 90's on the Bund" he says, glancing at my ladder. Of course, I am. It's support turned resistance. An obvious area to attempt to get on board this mornings trend down.

He sits down. My offer gets hit while we chat.

Well, I go 3 ticks offside but overall I hit it pretty well. The market stalls and then it turns and begins to drop sharply.

I hold this for most of the day. 124.38 is a huge level and it's going to be difficult for it to get through this. Yet I won't cover. I'd rather give back my gains than lose my position.

Another trader here is already short. He is a bigger trader than I am with fourteen years experience.

"What are you going to do if we bounce at 124.38?" I ask him. Of course, I already know full well what I am going to do.

He looks at the chart and then replies with an air of seriousness: "I'm going to sh*t my pants."

It's refreshing to know that even though I have half as much experience as him, we are both going to do the same thing.

Last edited:
interesting stuff mandem

that gally is probably a man in poland trying to make some munnay

Also good to see that the so called professional trader show that emtions will always be part of trading, unlike some gay peopl sit there telling you 'i am experiance, and no emtions blha blha''...chat bare of shyt n prolly never made enough to pay off their male rent fees

do u mind me askin, when u trade the ES sp500 - what kind of size do u do? as in number of ouright lots and what is this size relative to ur total equity? e.g. 20 outrights per 100G'

n are u a big boi spender? if u made 50g or 100g in a month wud u spend 30g or r u like those lil girls that ride around in clio's and n sh1t

Wednesday, 04th March: 13:00 P.M.

He looks at the chart and then replies with an air of seriousness: "I'm going to sh*t my pants."

It's refreshing to know that even though I have half as much experience as him, we are both going to do the same thing.

lol. (y)
were u a writer before u started trading

Don't see why a trader couldn't turn into a writer...

John Grisham was an attorney before he gave up to write full time.

In 2007, Forbes Magazine estimated his earnings for the year at $9 million.

Lifelong Democrat. Endorses Hillary Clinton for President.

Donated 5 million dollars after Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans and Mississippi.

According to publisher Doubleday, his books have sold over 235 million copies worldwide, as of 2008.

Sure beats working for a living.:D

Wednesday, 11th March: 14:05 P.M.

"I'm gonna crack that at 30" he says, stabbing a finger at the chart of Cotton.

"When it gets to all time lows, it's going to be free money", he adds.

"Who do you think you are? Percy Thomas?" I say.

"Look, I'm telling you," he goes on. "That thing could go parabolic."

"Alright, Percy" I say.

I'm digging around for the fundamentals.

"Actually, production is down," I say, dropping a paper infront of him. "If you look at..."

"Look, I don't give a flying f*ck about the fundamentals", he retorts. "I'll buy it when it fakes out the low and cover it into the first resistance. It's an obvious play."

We're in the coffee room later. I'm mocking a colleague who trades Euribor.

"Has that thing actually moved today?" I say to him. "You want to trade something that has a daily range larger than one tick".

The legend at poker - my new found friend - is sitting across from me at the table.

"This clown," I say, nodding at him, "is thinking of buying a market that is coming into a forty one year low..."

He nearly chokes on his prawn salad he is laughing so hard. It sounds funny to him when you put it like that.

But he is adamant and I respect him for that.

Later on, I'm back at my desk.

The Euro is hitting 127.50 in the futures market. It looks like it's about to break to the downside. I watch it hit 50 repeatedly and then dip below. Now, I've seen it break, I wait for the inevitable squeeze. It takes us up back to 60 and then we come off once again.

I sell two at 50 but I'm stopped out almost instantly. Another Euro trader on my desk has the same idea. He's gone in bigger. But we're both forced out.

I sit there sulking. Setups, for me, are few and far between today.

I pull the hood of my duffel coat, which is over the back of my chair, over my head and doze off. Looking at the charts and the ladder is a temptation I refuse to allow myself.

About an hour later, the boss is behind me.

"You're not going to see anything sitting there like that" he says.

I remove my hood and stare intently at the screen, frowning, but still, nothing.

But things are always setting up. And when they do, I tell myself, I will take them. The good trades. The high probability ones.

I sit there like that for what seems like an age, until the day is over and people begin to drift out of the office.

And I join them silently.

Last edited: