Community Constitution

There will be nothing from me tomorrow. I'm off to man the stand we don't have at The World Money Show and to check out this vin-x stuff that has been covered this week. More on Monday.

Best wishes to all for the weekend.

Steve

Leave your wallet at home, these guys are very persuasive.

Unlike most, I am not here for business but for a bit of lulz in the dull moments of my day. That is called payoff if anyone is wondering.

I have no need for anyone to value my opinion. Why would I ? It's not like I am here to work towards different ranks of the boy scouts badge. Further more, few have presented credentials by way of statements for me to consider them to be worthy judges of my opinions.

Your hope will be in vain because I will always hang loose, and my views will always be contrary to the vendors' message. Although I have never been contrary for their existence since I see them as valuable teachers for idiots.

You need to get this condition of yours sorted: Urban Dictionary: verbal diarrhea

Although there have been many different opinions expressed so far, some of them understandably contradictory, there does seem to be some consistency on this subject.

If I have understood this correctly from this post and others, the point being made is that Vendors should not be able to put links into their profiles and signatures. There has also been the suggestion that Vendors should not be allowed to PM members.

It has been said that doing these things alone will be an indication of our seriousness in tackling the current problems.

So we are going to do them with immediate effect. There are some technical things to sort out before the changes are live but they are going to happen.

Just so we are clear:

1. No links in the profile
2. No links in signatures
3. No link from the vendor symbol
4. No PM's allowed

I'll let you know when it is done.

Thanks for all the time you have spent so far in contributing to this thread.

fine with me.....all I ask is that my links in my sig area (all to other T2W posts) are retained :D

happily drop my website links ....the A*seholes running it cant clear up the virus issues I am getting - so i'm dropping it anyway soon (y)

N

Forex Factory also have a restriction in place on thread starting. You need to make a certain number of posts (is it 50) before you can start a thread. That would get rid of the daily crap we see now from the Chinese spammers telling us about films and TV programs.

It may be a good idea to limit the number of posts to 1 per day for those members who posted less than a certain number of posts. Also 1st post should be subject to approval from the moderators. This shouldn't require lot of effort and the moderators can ban abusers straight away and any further spam from their addresses. All this is relatively easy to implement and it would improve the quality considerably IMHO.

I have an idea. Forexfactory has a news calender, I've noticed at busy times it can hang or give an error message so clearly its getting hit a lot around big news announcements. Wouldn't this be a better way to draw genuine users to the site? Better still if you could add some real analysis (not the usual Joe Ross crap).

In other words if US Consumer Confidence is 10% better than expected here's what happened the ES the few last times. Chart examples shown...

If US Consumer Confidence is 20% better than expected here's what happened the ES the last few times. Chart examples shown...

The numbers exist so it would only take some statistical analysis and you would have good content that may be of use to people.

Perhaps I'll invent a secret nazi box to do all this for you.

Last edited:
I have an idea. Forexfactory has a news calender, I've noticed at busy times it can hang or give an error message so clearly its getting hit a lot around big news announcements. Wouldn't this be a better way to draw genuine users to the site? Better still if you could add some real analysis (not the usual Joe Ross crap).

In other words if US Consumer Confidence is 10% better than expected here's what happened the ES the few last times. Chart examples shown...

If US Consumer Confidence is 20% better than expected here's what happened the ES the last few times. Chart examples shown...

The numbers exist so it would only take some statistical analysis and you would have good content that may be of use to people.

Exactly !

Given that your average retailer doesn't have much of a clue, this would be a step in the right direction.

...or something like this, but with a link to a 1 minute chart so you can see how it affected the market. Of course it needs more work because that number isn't always issued on its own and other numbers could have affected it. I looked at this manually once, big numbers, issued on their own, certain percentage better or worse than expected. There were 2 or 3 a week.

Anyhow I'm not suggesting this as a system, just something to improve content and get away from crap vendor articles like 'What is a hedge'.

date Actual Forecast
Jul 6, 2012 80K 97K
Jun 1, 2012 69K 151K
May 4, 2012 115K 173K
Apr 6, 2012 120K 207K
Mar 9, 2012 227K 209K

Perhaps I'll invent a secret nazi box to do all this for you.

There's already a windows based software application that does precisely this, and its only a couple of hundred bucks to buy. It's got loads of historical data, and monthly updates.

Can't remember what it's called (but I have recommended it here at the zoo a couple of times previously and provided links if anyone can be arsed looking)

If you look around, there's a few web based versions too, not quite as comprehensive, but should be easy enough to put something decent together these days very quickly,

A few sites have tried this, and although in some cases they have technically better solutions, and reasonably active membership, FF still seams to dominate. I'm not sure why that is (probably the speed at which they upload new data releases)

There's already a windows based software application that does precisely this, and its only a couple of hundred bucks to buy. It's got loads of historical data, and monthly updates.

Can't remember what it's called (but I have recommended it here at the zoo a couple of times previously and provided links if anyone can be arsed looking)

If you look around, there's a few web based versions too, not quite as comprehensive, but should be easy enough to put something decent together these days very quickly,

A few sites have tried this, and although in some cases they have technically better solutions, and reasonably active membership, FF still seams to dominate. I'm not sure why that is (probably the speed at which they upload new data releases)

I'd be surprised if someone hadn't done it already.

I missed this Howard Cohodas kerfluffle!
What was wrong with his option trading strategy?? Sounds like it was very bad?

It has been said that doing these things alone will be an indication of our seriousness in tackling the current problems.

So we are going to do them with immediate effect. There are some technical things to sort out before the changes are live but they are going to happen.

Just so we are clear:

4. No PM's allowed

All done, probably a few days ago, I only noticed yesterday.
Decisive, concrete action - commendable (y)

Just so we are clear:

4. No PM's allowed

The drop down link menu still contains a vendor homepage link.
It is an active link, not dead HTML text.
Probably an oversight?
This is the case for all vendors, not an isolated issue.
PM sent as well.

Attachments

• Vendor username menu link.PNG
    Vendor username menu link.PNG
    11.2 KB · Views: 147
There is a scetion called "Technical Trader " in Members private forums. I requested to join there a few days back ..but got no reply yet. Is it needed a special membership or qualification to join there ?..please clarify and help ...waiting eagerly.

There is a scetion called "Technical Trader " in Members private forums. I requested to join there a few days back ..but got no reply yet. Is it needed a special membership or qualification to join there ?..please clarify and help ...waiting eagerly.

This could get very lulzy (y)