Forum Rules Revamp + General Amnesty

Sharky

Staff
Just a heads-up to everyone that I'm currently working on a complete rewrite of T2W's forum rules, these consist of the following 3 documents:
These were drafted about 10 years ago and haven't been updated or reviewed since. A decade is a long time, and I believe what worked for us back then doesn't necessarily work in the site's interests' today.

Once the new rules go live, we'll offer a general amnesty to banned members. There will be a few exception for members who were banned due to illegal behaviour or bot/blatant spam zero value activity (anyone with less than X posts to quickly differentiate humans from bots). Obviously the intention is not to open the floodgates to unwanted contributions, but to acknowledge that the rule changes provide an opportunity for a fresh start and will serve to define a new direction for T2W.

Going forward it'll be important to define our goals and our values and that the rules reflect those; but it's clear to me that we need to offer enough quality content, tools and discussion to engage with more experienced traders out there.

Moderation will continue as before, but obviously based on the new rules. And let me use this opportunity, because I don't get enough of them, to express my indebtedness to @Trader333 and @Lightning McQueen for continuing to do an amazing job moderating the site, as they have done for many years.