Best Thread CMC Markets owner answers your questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi gle
roll out of next gen to be honest I would like faster but it is the technicalities of it
that make it slow. commercially if I had my way it would be out there now including our sweden office so you could trade on it. you will have by end of year.

tks pc

First of all I accept what I see when I trade live myself, if I don't have that opportunity I have to ask live traders. I have no reason to doubt Peter, but it is the nature of things that I ask live traders for their experiences. No trade rejections, that is very good indeed. I take your note on the closing time, thanks.
No, there are there regulatory issues regarding trading from Sweden. I guess CMC in its initially stage like roll out the service slowly, this is probably a wise decision.

hi everybody,
I had to pre-empt the thousands of messages on this forum from non Arsenal supporters.
just watched the game and all I can say is, if it was not for the eight goals United scored we
would have won two nil. Feeling depressed seeing my great team play so badly and with so many young players. oh well always next decade....:cry::cry::cry:

hi gle
roll out of next gen to be honest I would like faster but it is the technicalities of it
that make it slow. commercially if I had my way it would be out there now including our sweden office so you could trade on it. you will have by end of year.

tks pc
Thanks, at the end of the year is OK by me, it the meantime I guess I have to settle with the others.:cheesy:

In my opinion, being an ex-trader (havent traded my personal account or company's account since 1989 when I started the company) market orders are market orders and I would not want to get timed out during volatile periods.
tks pc

As you want to gain an insight into things on the other side of the fence, wouldn't it be an idea to try trading again? An hour or two on next gen a few times a week would be enough to highlight the strengths and weaknesses from the punters' perspective.

hi everybody,
I had to pre-empt the thousands of messages on this forum from non Arsenal supporters.
just watched the game and all I can say is, if it was not for the eight goals United scored we
would have won two nil. Feeling depressed seeing my great team play so badly and with so many young players. oh well always next decade....:cry::cry::cry:

The youth team (16-18 yr olds) I coach have had four losses on the spin...me and your mate Arsene are past it..he gets better wages than me though PC, I do it for the love of the game..:)

hi Black swan,
There is something not quite right at Arsenal but strangely enough I still think we should keep him. I was thinking that it is time for him to go but what Ferguson said yesterday about him changed my mind.

Dont forget we have Jack Wilshire to come back who is awesome and others as well so maybe things not that bad but we do need to sign some players and fast. if only to ease the youngsters along into the team.

cheers pc

The youth team (16-18 yr olds) I coach have had four losses on the spin...me and your mate Arsene are past it..he gets better wages than me though PC, I do it for the love of the game..:)

hi Ross,
I trade the demo account for this reason.
pc

As you want to gain an insight into things on the other side of the fence, wouldn't it be an idea to try trading again? An hour or two on next gen a few times a week would be enough to highlight the strengths and weaknesses from the punters' perspective.

hi Ross,
Been there done that and know all the emotions.
I still treat the demo account as if it is real money but the object is to feel the client experience. As demo and live are connected to the same servers then the execution is the same.

tks pc

Yes, it's just not the same unless you actually suffer, financially and emotionally. :)

hi Ross,
Been there done that and know all the emotions.
I still treat the demo account as if it is real money but the object is to feel the client experience. As demo and live are connected to the same servers then the execution is the same.

tks pc
I think that if you trade with real money, you will notice all the good stuff and short comings in a different light. That is why I am so interested in live traders reporting. However I do agree, if the demo account is a exact replica (on the same server) as that of the real account, it is a positive feature for testing strategies and such.

I was wondering why the spread increases on the ftse 100 to 1.5 after 4:30. Many companies like capital keep one spread from 8:00am to 9:00pm. Also are positions rolled over at 4:30 or anything like that?

Hi Peter
I noticed on the CMC chart today after you enter the Take Profit and or Stop, lines appear on the chart, I thought that is good. Can you then drag the lines on the chart to make adjustments once the trade is live? Also a really handy add on would be if we could set on the ticket ready to be placed the Take Profit and Stop in pips/points, that way when our order has gone to market, our risk would be measured, to imput the number is not that trader friendly.

Hi truth Seeker

Where have you been all week. You didnt event respond to thread 2719 I sent you last week, was looking for a big smiley from you and at least a small thank you.
so here is the thread copied here again. I will reply to this thread seperately.

hi truth seeker,

well don't say we do not listen to you. Here is response from dealing desk regarding Nat gas product.
Current Spread
Fixed 0.02
New Spreads
7am / 11pm - Fixed 0.003
11pm / 7am - Minimum 0.003 but we will match the underlying spread if it is wider than 0.003.

Give us a few days to change the platform and will be with you some time next week.

You see we do listen to you and this change has come about as a direct result of your postings on this site.

Many thanks for your postings. suppose now I will have people requesting 0.01 pips on forex. only joking. glad we could be of assistance.

thanks Peter
Hi Peter
I noticed on the CMC chart today after you enter the Take Profit and or Stop, lines appear on the chart, I thought that is good. Can you then drag the lines on the chart to make adjustments once the trade is live? Also a really handy add on would be if we could set on the ticket ready to be placed the Take Profit and Stop in pips/points, that way when our order has gone to market, our risk would be measured, to imput the number is not that trader friendly.

hi truth seeker,

To answer your question. after you have done the trade if you select the chart you will find a turned up triangle this is the trade. then there will be a red line for stop and green line for your profit take level. These are the profits and stop levels you entered when you did the trade.

If you want to change these stop and profit levels (after the trade) all you need to do is click on the upside down triangle and then you can move the lines to where you want them.

We have points for entering stops but not for taking profits. not quite sure why that is but will see if that is in new release. can easily add it in next upgrade.

Hope you are well.
regards Peter

Hi Peter

Hi truth Seeker

Where have you been all week. You didnt event respond to thread 2719 I sent you last week, was looking for a big smiley from you and at least a small thank you.
so here is the thread copied here again. I will reply to this thread seperately.

hi truth seeker,

well don't say we do not listen to you. Here is response from dealing desk regarding Nat gas product.
Current Spread
Fixed 0.02
New Spreads
7am / 11pm - Fixed 0.003
11pm / 7am - Minimum 0.003 but we will match the underlying spread if it is wider than 0.003.

Give us a few days to change the platform and will be with you some time next week.

You see we do listen to you and this change has come about as a direct result of your postings on this site.

Many thanks for your postings. suppose now I will have people requesting 0.01 pips on forex. only joking. glad we could be of assistance.

thanks Peter

Hi Peter

Yes I saw it and recommended your post, so that's the equivalent of a huge smiley face from me, but here's one now :)

You know you can build this trading platform up to be the ultimate leader if you take on board what we all offer up, and the end result as long as you speed up you executions will be a very strong, lasting business model as we know the odds are in your favour for good profits.

So to cap:
1: Take Profit/Stoploss lines to be adjustable once the trade has been executed to make trade management easier.
2: To beable to enter the amount in pips/points the distance away from our market/limit entry with one click.
3: Pop out charts.
4: Single click trading
5: (added) The ability to save all trendlines and settings during and closing of sessions so we don't have to load everything up again.

That's it off the top of my head for now as the back ground colour is fine for me as white gives me a headache after a while.

Last edited:
Hi truth seeker,
many thanks for the recommendation and the smiley. very much appreciated but the point is, is that it shows we are listening to you and other posters on this forum.

You are absolutely right about our platform being the ultimate leader. I think we already have the best platform, pricing and execution out there but it is not perfect and we can improve on next gen, certainly at least with your recommendations. pop out charts coming shortly, white back grounds, coming soon. one click coming soon and lots more besides.

I can promise you that we want to get this platform as the clear market leader, not just on functionality and performance but on commercials as well. We have put a lot of effort into this right across the board and if the latest sign ups are anything to go on then we have definitely got it right, but still need to do more.

thanks very much for your input, definitely has been taken on board and you will see some results soon.
cheers pc
p.s here is big smiley for you too. :cheesy:

Hi Peter

Yes I saw it and recommended your post, so that's the equivalent of a huge smiley face from me, but here's one now :)

You know you can build this trading platform up to be the ultimate leader if you take on board what we all offer up, and the end result as long as you speed up you executions will be a very strong, lasting business model as we know the odds are in your favour for good profits.

So to cap:
1: Take Profit/Stoploss lines to be adjustable once the trade has been executed to make trade management easier.
2: To beable to enter the amount in pips/points the ditance away from our market/limit entry with one click.
3: Pop out charts.
4: Single click trading

That's it off the top of my head for now as the back ground colour is fine for me as white gives me a headache after a while.

PC,

Have had time to appraise the iPad spread bet app, will put it up over the next day with a few recommendations.

Funny story, was having a demo of a public relations package shown to me last week, pr newswire, CMC Towers use the service too, anyhow the pr newswire demo was over a webex programme were you share your desktop with a presenter and they talk/walk you through the programme, as I'm getting the tour an alert sounds and my charts pop up anyhow we spend the next fifteen minutes discussing trading, I must have made it look easy as a few of the pr newswire guys might want to come to your presentation in Sept He saw me close a swing trade in profit and enter another which went into profit almost immediately, if only every day it was so simple..:LOL:

Anyhow, do you have invites for the event later in the month, how shall I invite the guys over for you?

hi black swan.
Many thanks for the update and thanks for the promotion work on our behalf. You can send email re traders club to [email protected], Attention Wendy.

Looking forward to the ipad posting.

On another note, I see that IG have just launched their new charts. My team are looking at them now. Would be good if we got some independent views on their new chart package.

tks pc

PC,

Have had time to appraise the iPad spread bet app, will put it up over the next day with a few recommendations.

Funny story, was having a demo of a public relations package shown to me last week, pr newswire, CMC Towers use the service too, anyhow the pr newswire demo was over a webex programme were you share your desktop with a presenter and they talk/walk you through the programme, as I'm getting the tour an alert sounds and my charts pop up anyhow we spend the next fifteen minutes discussing trading, I must have made it look easy as a few of the pr newswire guys might want to come to your presentation in Sept He saw me close a swing trade in profit and enter another which went into profit almost immediately, if only every day it was so simple..:LOL:

Anyhow, do you have invites for the event later in the month, how shall I invite the guys over for you?

truth seeker wins the day.

Hi Truth seeker,

the boys are sorting out the natural gas spreads and have changed it slightly.
Here are the new details.

USNATGAS Cash (Current):
23:00 - 22:15 Spread = 0.02 (Fixed)

USNATGAS Cash (Effective next week):
Original Proposal
07:00 / 22:15 - Fixed 0.003
23:00 / 07:00 - Minimum 0.003 but we will match the underlying spread if it is wider than 0.003

New Time
12:00 - 22:15 Spread = 0.003 (Fixed)
23:00 - 12:00 Spread = 0.003 (Market Tracking)

tks pc :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.