Best Thread CMC Markets owner answers your questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi phoenix01

thanks for your posting. Our spreads widen after the main markets close. in effect these are out of market spreads.

roll overs are done at 10 pm not 4.30pm

tks pc

I was wondering why the spread increases on the ftse 100 to 1.5 after 4:30. Many companies like capital keep one spread from 8:00am to 9:00pm. Also are positions rolled over at 4:30 or anything like that?

hi black swan.
Many thanks for the update and thanks for the promotion work on our behalf. You can send email re traders club to [email protected], Attention Wendy.

Looking forward to the ipad posting.

On another note, I see that IG have just launched their new charts. My team are looking at them now. Would be good if we got some independent views on their new chart package.

tks pc

Hi PC, yep, was onto it with IG, thankfully they're not mucking around with PRT advanced package, only quick charts and the new addition, let you know. On the subject of charts I've got an interesting app called t interceptor, they appear to 'do the charts' but then link to fxcm and a few others, you might want a few of the lads to have a look at it..it's not half bad tbh..

Black Swan stares at clock hoping the transfer deadline passes without his lads' favourite player joining Peter's club...:(

0,,12306~3754815,00.jpg

Hi Black Swan,

Very sorry about that, but I am really pleased Arteta has joined Arsenal. He is creative player we will need alongside Ramsey and Wilshrere. I rate him highly.

I think we bought very well yesterday. I do not know the other three players but they are top internationals. Feeling a lot better about things. I think with these new players we would have only lost 7-2 to Man Utd. ha ha.

chin up...

pc

Black Swan stares at clock hoping the transfer deadline passes without his lads' favourite player joining Peter's club...:(

0,,12306~3754815,00.jpg

Back to trading :) To be able to open a ticket whether it be limit or market, and then beable to set stop and loss in pips which are static just like Oanda would be great. This way you can set your risk parameters and wait for price to go to you level, with the market entry you just enter the market and once your trade is in, then the stop/take profit is then at the desired levels (10 stop, 20 take profit) and for the limit, you can set the trade at a price, enter market, and only once the trade has been triggered then again, your stop and take profit are set. This would make me leave Oanda and trade with you if you speed up execution as I'm seeing slippage because of execution speed compared to Oanda which is making your 0.9 spread widen (for me) to 3 pips because of the time the trade is put to market from my click to enter.

Back to trading :) This way you can set your risk parameters and wait for price to go to you level, with the market entry you just enter the market and once your trade is in, then the stop/take profit is then at the desired levels (10 stop, 20 take profit) .

Ah ha, so that's how you make 11% on your various trading accounts each morning..ten pip stops on a 1:2 using SB..:whistling, that's some brave strat right there and no mistake..

Ah ha, so that's how you make 11% on your various trading accounts each morning..ten pip stops on a 1:2 using SB..:whistling, that's some brave strat right there and no mistake..

No it's not black swan, that was an example that most could relate to, that 11% was an acceptable day, I have only achieved that on four other occasions this year, I usually on average make between 3-6% per day, but I'm not grumbling :D

hi truth seeker,

we have pips for stops but not for profits. not quite sure why we designed it that way and it makes sense to have pips for profit levels. Not too difficult to implement and we can do that.
Not sure why you are saying our execution is slow. This is really not an issue for us as we time test the lines all the time. I will get the team to test it against Oanda.

thanks for the posting.
pc

Back to trading :) To be able to open a ticket whether it be limit or market, and then beable to set stop and loss in pips which are static just like Oanda would be great. This way you can set your risk parameters and wait for price to go to you level, with the market entry you just enter the market and once your trade is in, then the stop/take profit is then at the desired levels (10 stop, 20 take profit) and for the limit, you can set the trade at a price, enter market, and only once the trade has been triggered then again, your stop and take profit are set. This would make me leave Oanda and trade with you if you speed up execution as I'm seeing slippage because of execution speed compared to Oanda which is making your 0.9 spread widen (for me) to 3 pips because of the time the trade is put to market from my click to enter.

hi truth seeker,

we have pips for stops but not for profits. not quite sure why we designed it that way and it makes sense to have pips for profit levels. Not too difficult to implement and we can do that.
Not sure why you are saying our execution is slow. This is really not an issue for us as we time test the lines all the time. I will get the team to test it against Oanda.

thanks for the posting.
pc

Thanks for the reply. What's the min distance that can be placed for a stoploss on a instrument with 0.9 spread?

hi truth seeker,
I just did a demo trade and placed stop 1 pip away from market price.
you can do fractions of a pip but probably you would get stopped out almost immediatley.
pc

Thanks for the reply. What's the min distance that can be placed for a stoploss on a instrument with 0.9 spread?

No doubt Oanda is much faster ( outside NFP , FOMC ) , IGindex is faster as well ...

hi tar,
so do you have proof of this or are you guessing
pc

hi Peter , from what i've experienced , i have live accounts with Oanda and Igindex and a demo account with CMC , and you said cmc's demo and live accounts are the same ...

hi tar,

so lets establish the facts.
1. You have demo account with us and live accounts with Oanda and IG Index and you are comparing that way.
2. Ig Index and oanda have wider spreads than us.

so that is the basis of your posting......

pc

hi Peter , from what i've experienced , i have live accounts with Oanda and Igindex and a demo account with CMC , and you said cmc's demo and live accounts are the same ...

Hi Tar,
I want you to keep to the facts and if you make a claim then you have to substantiate it on a like for like basis and compare the execution and spreads over a period of time not on the basis you stated.

If others are faster and I do not believe they are then you can state that but at the very least you have to correlate the evidence and then present it on here. I will accept it if we do not come out the best but lets keep it real.

tks pc

what u want me to say ? CMC is faster :) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.