Best Thread CMC Markets owner answers your questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
last hour the Dax was crazy so i made dozens of trades on my CMC demo just to test the platform :

Execution : fast in most of the trades , sometimes a little bit slow , sometimes it took few seconds happened many times .

Slippage : experienced some slippage on some of the trades but it was normal and little , improved prices : many times when the execution is a bit slow and there was a better price , most of the time i didn't get the new improved price ( i am talking about a few points difference ) , in some cases i received the new improved price but not always .

Just my 2 Deutsche marks
What is this, on demo account, with all respect quite useless.

hi gle101,

well not entirely. the demo and live system are wired together to give the same execution times etc. we treat it all as one. It is technically easier to do it this way.

pc

What is this, on demo account, with all respect quite useless.

hi tar,

That is the whole point of a demo account, to replicate a real live account as much as possible so if you transfer to live account the experience is the same. thats how we see it anyway.

tks pc

yeah it felt like a live account ...

hi Tar,

Good morning. Yes I saw your experiences but you didnt give us your conclusion. what was your overall conclusion.

tks pc

Ok if u insist , i was looking if you deliver at volatile times and you did most of the time , i will retest your platform again when i am bored , early to say let me get to this later ...

Regards

hi tar,

I know you are a tough guy and you could never admit that we have great platform so I will take it as we passed your first test. ha ha. Wouldn't be good for your reputation if you came over all soft and blubbery over us. ha ha.

tks pc

Ok if u insist , i was looking if you deliver at volatile times and you did most of the time , i will retest your platform again when i am bored , early to say let me get to this later ...

Regards

hi tar,

I know you are a tough guy and you could never admit that we have great platform so I will take it as we passed your first test. ha ha. Wouldn't be good for your reputation if you came over all soft and blubbery over us. ha ha.

tks pc

my first test haha :cheesy:

hi gle101,

well not entirely. the demo and live system are wired together to give the same execution times etc. we treat it all as one. It is technically easier to do it this way.

pc

FWIW (which as gle says is virtually nothing) I've spent plenty of time on the demo from almost the day it was launched. Although execution seemed fine, the platform is generally slow to respond and the direct from charts trading function doesn't always work. I could live with that now the spreads are tight, if the charts weren't such a mess.
Big update scheduled for next week, PC?

hi Ross,
I am looking at new charting package as we speak. team are right outside my office.
The release is not next week but will definitely be next month. I don't want to give you a date my birthday is 30th September and it will be before then.

Look forward to getting your card and gift.....

regards pc

FWIW (which as gle says is virtually nothing) I've spent plenty of time on the demo from almost the day it was launched. Although execution seemed fine, the platform is generally slow to respond and the direct from charts trading function doesn't always work. I could live with that now the spreads are tight, if the charts weren't such a mess.
Big update scheduled for next week, PC?

Hi PC

I've been trading your new platform live for 4 weeks now alongside a couple of others, and since there has been several comments on this thread bemoaning the lack of feedback from live traders I thought I'd leave a comment or two. I come from a background of high frequency trading with Direct Market Access and am seeking a platform which offers comparable spreads and execution, but without having to report everything to the IR, or whatever the taxman calls himself these days. I trade the dax and dow (because your spreads as a % of contract value are the most favourable), and have been making up to 100 round trips a day.

I have been impressed with the speed of execution, compared to some other SB'rs . It has usually been very fast, although this week at times of high volatility it was slower, perhaps a second or three. Previously I'd place a trade and the reporting back took perhaps a second or less, but the trade usually got placed where it was when I clicked the button despite the market moving on. Closing at market would result in slippage or price improvement in equal measures. Closes by Stops usually have slippage, 0.1tick in slowish markets up to 0.7 or so at faster times. City Index closes are always exactly on the price, which is about right considering the Stop is held on your own native servers. This is a shame as it rather negates the advantage of the 0.9 spreads v. City's 1.0. Can't comment on the "Take Profit" orders as I have hardly used them, but perhaps corresponding price advantages might have been present here?

I hear you say you are improving the tickets in a couple of weeks. This can't happen soon enough for anyone trying to trade at any frequency. I have to see the trade coming about 10 secs early so I can click on a buy or sell price (in the chart) (why not both?), wait for the ticket to appear, click on the stake, enter a value on my keypad, click Enter, move the stop line down to somewhere reasonable (and get the chart back to a reasonable scale), and finally hit Confirm. With my DMA platform all this was preset and customisable, I just hit one button. God forbid I decide to change direction, got to start all over again! Having to set stops for each individual leg of a trade is also tiresome when you already offer the facility to market-close all legs with one button.

I like the (generally) fast order execution, clear account reporting, ability to set stops and limits on the chart. I like the demo platform which feels almost exactly like the real one, perfect for testing things out. Don't like the the inability to scale the charts down (they only expand), and the inability to fit more than one chart on screen. I've squeezed three on by overlapping the edges, but it doesn't save till the next session so after the annoying and random "time-outs" I have to set up the entire desktop all over again ( why can't I save it?).

I'll stick with you if the order entries get easier, because I love the "no requotes" (try getting out of a losing trade with some other SBcos when the market is falling fast, I've experienced the frustration of getting ticket after ticket rejected while the day's profits evaporate!).

Blimey, long post for a long-dormant member of this forum, returning to trading after an extended break. Hope it is generally positive in favour of PC (who gets my vote for sticking his neck over the parapet and posting here) and helps someone.

cheers, P.

Hi PC

I've been trading your new platform live for 4 weeks now alongside a couple of others, and since there has been several comments on this thread bemoaning the lack of feedback from live traders I thought I'd leave a comment or two. I come from a background of high frequency trading with Direct Market Access and am seeking a platform which offers comparable spreads and execution, but without having to report everything to the IR, or whatever the taxman calls himself these days. I trade the dax and dow (because your spreads as a % of contract value are the most favourable), and have been making up to 100 round trips a day.

I have been impressed with the speed of execution, compared to some other SB'rs . It has usually been very fast, although this week at times of high volatility it was slower, perhaps a second or three. Previously I'd place a trade and the reporting back took perhaps a second or less, but the trade usually got placed where it was when I clicked the button despite the market moving on. Closing at market would result in slippage or price improvement in equal measures. Closes by Stops usually have slippage, 0.1tick in slowish markets up to 0.7 or so at faster times. City Index closes are always exactly on the price, which is about right considering the Stop is held on your own native servers. This is a shame as it rather negates the advantage of the 0.9 spreads v. City's 1.0. Can't comment on the "Take Profit" orders as I have hardly used them, but perhaps corresponding price advantages might have been present here?

I hear you say you are improving the tickets in a couple of weeks. This can't happen soon enough for anyone trying to trade at any frequency. I have to see the trade coming about 10 secs early so I can click on a buy or sell price (in the chart) (why not both?), wait for the ticket to appear, click on the stake, enter a value on my keypad, click Enter, move the stop line down to somewhere reasonable (and get the chart back to a reasonable scale), and finally hit Confirm. With my DMA platform all this was preset and customisable, I just hit one button. God forbid I decide to change direction, got to start all over again! Having to set stops for each individual leg of a trade is also tiresome when you already offer the facility to market-close all legs with one button.

I like the (generally) fast order execution, clear account reporting, ability to set stops and limits on the chart. I like the demo platform which feels almost exactly like the real one, perfect for testing things out. Don't like the the inability to scale the charts down (they only expand), and the inability to fit more than one chart on screen. I've squeezed three on by overlapping the edges, but it doesn't save till the next session so after the annoying and random "time-outs" I have to set up the entire desktop all over again ( why can't I save it?).

I'll stick with you if the order entries get easier, because I love the "no requotes" (try getting out of a losing trade with some other SBcos when the market is falling fast, I've experienced the frustration of getting ticket after ticket rejected while the day's profits evaporate!).

Blimey, long post for a long-dormant member of this forum, returning to trading after an extended break. Hope it is generally positive in favour of PC (who gets my vote for sticking his neck over the parapet and posting here) and helps someone.

cheers, P.
Very good report indeed, thanks a lot. Please get back reporting how you are doing.

Truth Seeker wins the day.

hi truth seeker,

well don't say we do not listen to you. Here is response from dealing desk regarding Nat gas product.
Current Spread
Fixed 0.02
New Spreads
7am / 11pm - Fixed 0.003
11pm / 7am - Minimum 0.003 but we will match the underlying spread if it is wider than 0.003.

Give us a few days to change the platform and will be with you some time next week.

You see we do listen to you and this change has come about as a direct result of your postings on this site.

Many thanks for your postings. suppose now I will have people requesting 0.01 pips on forex. only joking. glad we could be of assistance.

thanks Peter

Yes I did see your post, I think it's the decimal placements that have me confused. Faster execution will only but add to your platform with those other ideas I offered up previously, and hopefully the 1 click trading will be here sooner rather than later which will be even better with the faster execution for your clients.

Dear Peto,

Many many thanks for an excellent posting. It is honest and balanced and very constructive from my point of view. I got a real boost and you made my day when reading your comments. Not because they said good things about CMC, but also because we can learn from your comments and implement change. This is the biggest benefit of this forum. I listen to your comments and I pass them onto the team.

I accept that there are things we could have done better on next gen. Certainly the ticket is not conducive to one tick trading. It was really built as a investment tool so you could set all the features you wanted. However, we are changing that and change will be with you in weeks not months. By 30th September.

We have two solutions. 1. to let you open buy and sell tickets at the same time (with default functionality)
2. Create a window in the watch list with default amount so you can click buy or sell from your watch list.This will not allow you to set stops and limits but you will be able to do that from your positions report.

By the way the U.k tax man is now called HMRC. I know him well, he sends me a Christmas card saying ''looking forward to another good year'' ha ha.

Regarding slowness at times, this will improve shortly and get quicker.

We are looking at stop execution. The way we work stops is that once the level is reached, the stop becomes a market order and is executed at our prevailing price. There is no intention to execute at a worse price than the stop, nothing is set up to do this, we are not skimming the stop on purpose. It is just that if markets are say dropping and you have a stop sell the price will tend to trend lower when the level is reached. but looking at that. the endeavour is to execute all stops at the entry level, when possible.

charting improvements coming. The in house team love their charts and we want the best charts on the market fully integrated into the platform. we can do this and first tranche of chart improvements on their way. we develop all of our own charts as we want them fully integrated to the platform. it is a challenge but it is achievable.

System time outs are a browser issue which we are fixing. That should be done in next two weeks. Chrome seems to be the worst.

Many thanks for your comments. They have been passed onto the team and we will continue to listen to our customers and try to keep improving. I will continue with this forum to get the feed back and to be honest I enjoy it. I think it is right that I should engage with our clients or potential clients and stick my neck out there.

Please remember that spread betting is a leveraged product and you should understand the risk before trading.

best regards Peter
Hi PC

cheers, P.

Status
Not open for further replies.