Charles to marry Camilla

I see that we will now have a "Duchess of Cornwall" and I have to wonder what on Earth Cornwall has done to deserve this ?

Paul

Makes me laugh when people say Prince Charles should give up his right to the throne. Just imagine if he did and somehing happened to Prince William, we could end up with King Harry. I think it is about time we got rid of the lot of them.

If Harry got to the throne, I foresee a barrage of DNA tests and ' I'm gonna contest his right to the throne'.......by lower 'next in lines'.
Did I read something similar to this in the history books? Never was any good at History, but it rings a bell.

ChartMan said:
If Harry got to the throne, I foresee a barrage of DNA tests and ' I'm gonna contest his right to the throne'.......by lower 'next in lines'.

CM

not just DNA tests "by lower next in lines" but possibly by his alledged real dad, James Hewitt.......................now wouldn't that be ironic, a reality tv second rate celeb turns out to be the King of Englands dad..............LOL

Monarchy capital gains tax

Oh to be a monarch,
exempt from capital gains tax.

One rule for us and another for them,
and even sadder we except it.

What annoys me is that I can't even watch the news any longer for the saturation coverage. Why do I have to look at these people when I want to see what important things are going on in the world.
It was even on CNN last night :-(((
And what a phrase, "His Royal Highness".
What outrageous nonsense we accept because we are used to it.
How about, "His Royal Lowness".

I can picture him thumping a lumpy pillow only to realise with horror that it's her face.

The Times front page sums it up Chinese style:

He is a rat
She is a pig

Which reminds me, to all my Chinese friends here, Kung Hay Fat Choi!

I'm literally beginning to think we might go off to Florida or Spain for a couple of months to avoid this sick double whammy of marriage and general election. Both predictable and inevitable.
Dubya's America is a lot more attractive than living in a nanny one party state ruled by the likes of Blair/Brown/Windsors where these people get away with anything they like.
Richard

It's not really her looks that I object to most of all - no one can help the way their facial features are put together, it's the deceitful behaviour of both of them whilst married to other people.
I know sometimes these things happen, marriages break up, people meet others and so on, but to continue an affair started before marriage afterwards requires a certain sort of immorality I personally find distasteful. It would be their private business, except that it is thrust in our faces all the time.
With Kimberly and Blunkett it's a little different - poor Blunkett is blind and although I don't agree with his behaviour he is a remakable person and I see his pain.
I don't have any understanding or sympathy for Charles and Cammy.

Morally, yes I agree. My attitude is just tinged with considerable respect for a blind man getting so far as he has. I don't like his politics, but I recognise some of his outstanding qualities.
I suppose I just wonder if I would have the same strength to achieve if I had been so desperately unfortunate as to be blind or severely disabled.
Richard