Jean Charles de Menesez Inquiry

bbmac

Veteren member
Jean Charles de Menezes Inquiry

If ever there was an establishment cover up this is it,...This inquiry the latest parlour game/sideshow designed to keep the real questions from being asked; These are:

a. If police 'strongly suspected' Jean Charles of being one of the failed 21/7 terrorists carrying another bomb bound for self and other's detruction, why did they let him leave his flat in an empty road, biard a bus in a crowded street, get off the bus, walk to a tube station, board the tube, then shoot him 7 times thru the head at close range?

Why did they not just order him to stop outside his flat in that empty road,...he would doubtless have done so without protest faced by armed officers as he was of course innocent of any wrong doing, and was not carrying anything harmful, instead notwithstanding the Russell Square bus bombing 2weeks previous (7/7) they let him walk into a crowded thoroughfare, board a bus, then alight the bus and again notwithstaning the lessons of 7/7 re the tube bombs, board a tube, only then taking action??

I understand that police have to gather evidence, but if they truly believed him to be a danger intent on an imminent suicide bombing why did they put the public at risk in this way?

The further scandal is that the accident prone Met Commissioner Blair et al is/are still in office.

Last edited:
Incompetence at its very worst.

Not a cover-up (though I'm sure plenty of people would have liked to) because the cat got out of the bag almost immediately.

Police are like all "big" state machines - once they get in motion it's very hard to stop them. And they'd been trained to shoot terrorists hadn't they? - how could they let all that exacting training go to waste?

Blair should have resigned on the spot.

Why did they not just order him to stop outside his flat in that empty road,...he would doubtless have done so without protest faced by armed officers as he was of course innocent of any wrong doing, and was not carrying anything harmful,

There are definitely questions to be asked here. But then again, why did he run from them then?

The Government are to blame no matter which way you look at it. If the borders were safe and any people not allowed to be here were sent back to their originationg country i believe he would still be alive.

From what i understand he had overstayed his visa and should have left months earlier.
But i suppose he knew how lax our controls are and decided to carry on working.

Which ever is right or wrong its still no way for someone to be killed.

There are definitely questions to be asked here. But then again, why did he run from them then?

One thing that surprised me about this more than anything else was the 7 bullets to the head - doesn't that seem like overkill to you? Or was the shooter a complete rookie and pumped with adrenaline? Then it may make more sense, but even so...

As far as a cover up goes, yes the police are trying to cover up their own incompetance and handling of the situation.

If ever there was an establishment cover up this is it,...This inquiry the latest parlour game/sideshow designed to keep the real questions from being asked; These are:

a. If police 'strongly suspected' Jean Charles of being one of the failed 21/7 terrorists carrying another bomb bound for self and other's detruction, why did they let him leave his flat in an empty road, biard a bus in a crowded street, get off the bus, walk to a tube station, board the tube, then shoot him 7 times thru the head at close range?

Why did they not just order him to stop outside his flat in that empty road,...he would doubtless have done so without protest faced by armed officers as he was of course innocent of any wrong doing, and was not carrying anything harmful, instead notwithstanding the Russell Square bus bombing 2weeks previous (7/7) they let him walk into a crowded thoroughfare, board a bus, then alight the bus and again notwithstaning the lessons of 7/7 re the tube bombs, board a tube, only then taking action??

I understand that police have to gather evidence, but if they truly believed him to be a danger intent on an imminent suicide bombing why did they put the public at risk in this way?

The further scandal is that the accident prone Met Commissioner Blair et al is/are still in office.

Maybe he knew something that they didnt want him to know.

The bullets to the head are to stop you in your track's. The police and army are trained to shoot you in the nasal/mouth region so that the first bullet goes through your spinal cord and severes the nerves and in effect stops someone from pulling a trigger or detonating a bomb. I would imagine the body would keep twitching hence the number of bullets to ensure he was dead. Or may have been the guys first kill and didnt know what to expect hence the number of shots.

One thing that surprised me about this more than anything else was the 7 bullets to the head - doesn't that seem like overkill to you? Or was the shooter a complete rookie and pumped with adrenaline? Then it may make more sense, but even so...

As far as a cover up goes, yes the police are trying to cover up their own incompetance and handling of the situation.

When the incident occured there was a real sense of paranoia and panic so mistakes
could be made which may seem excessive now. This case needs to get closed off as soon as possible.
What will the outcome be? Bringing the police force to its knees?- no I don't think so either.

Point A absolutely true?

Similar to the house arrest where they accidentaly shot a guy on the shoulder, if you suspect these guys of making bombs, do you pick them up off the street when they are leaving or approaching their house, or do you raid their house laden with bombs, screaming and shouting in the middle of the night?

Which offers least risk and efficiency of objective?

Pure stunt to justify politicians stupid wars that we are under attack from terrrorists all over the world.

We are the ones in foreign territory terrorising people we have nothing what so ever to do with losing lives for the stupid power plays and oil resource hungry big corporations.