Chaff Futures

Surprised no-one has mentioned spreading chaff against wheat - the correlation is rather high, so this approach allows you to remove the wheat element, leaving you purely exposed to the idiosyncratic chaff price movements.

Aha.

Good to see that, umm, good things never disappear.

Now if anyone wants to sign up for my upcoming Chaff futures trade-your-way-to-fame-and-fortune seminar that I have cleared with all regulatory bodies I'm more than open for offers, and, out of the generosity of my heart will entertain bids north of € 10 K as advised by my personal bucket shop clearing my trades.

Don Miller Trading Journal: Thursday Notes - Let's Rock

:LOL:

Hi mate,

thanks for the welcome back.

Returned from a board hiatus, hehe.

Hope all is well with you.

:)

Re Don, I'm sure he's the real deal - apparently had his results audited - but I just don't get all the somewhat hypocritical hype he's pushing out...

Comparing himself with Dennis / the Turtles ?!?

Dennis trained AND funded his disciples, lol...

Well, who am I to judge.

I'm sure that the people who sign up will get a good education, and learn stuff that definitely works.

He basically buys dips and sells rips, which is stuff that will always pay bills.

Question is if people will be able to duplicate his extremely short term stuff.

(Not to forget his extremely low transaction costs as an exchange member which makes his style of scalping much easier as well.)

That said, I suppose the real question is why would anybody even spend one second thinking of paying so much money for at the end of the day generic info that is freely available all over the web ?!?

But I do respect Don anyway because as far as I know he is the only educator currently out there who is able to prove that he has ever earned more than he lost from trading.

Hi mate,

thanks for the welcome back.

Returned from a board hiatus, hehe.

Hope all is well with you.

:)

Re Don, I'm sure he's the real deal - apparently had his results audited - but I just don't get all the somewhat hypocritical hype he's pushing out...

Comparing himself with Dennis / the Turtles ?!?

Dennis trained AND funded his disciples, lol...

Well, who am I to judge.

I'm sure that the people who sign up will get a good education, and learn stuff that definitely works.

He basically buys dips and sells rips, which is stuff that will always pay bills.

Question is if people will be able to duplicate his extremely short term stuff.

(Not to forget his extremely low transaction costs as an exchange member which makes his style of scalping much easier as well.)

That said, I suppose the real question is why would anybody even spend one second thinking of paying so much money for at the end of the day generic info that is freely available all over the web ?!?

But I do respect Don anyway because as far as I know he is the only educator currently out there who is able to prove that he has ever earned more than he lost from trading.

Pretty much what i was thinking. We can all just watch and see.

I too don't understand why Chaff isn't a more popular product; I am particularly fond if it for the seasonal play, hedged out in heating oil contracts - chaff for summer; heating for winter - simple, eh?

well, we're coming right back into the peak chaff futures trading season.
I'm looking to load up on multiple contracts this week, probably combined with a hedged options play
any one got any ideas on price targets, where are we going from here ?
The way the bollinger bands have constricted over the last few months indicate a potential explosive move very soon ....

Massive%20Trading%20System.jpg

Do you need sunblock with that ?

Last edited:
You guys just don't get it. All that TA stuff is pure bu11sh1t

Take all that crap off the chart, it is totally unecessary. You don't need it. Support, resistance, oscillators, trendlines, volume, price - all totally useless

Here is my chart:

attachment.php

If you can't trade off this - you are wasting your time.

Attachments

• BestChart.jpg
    BestChart.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 548
The dude who runs that desk has several of them. It's operated by 2 people if I remember correctly, he did a partial explanation on elitetrader.

Costs something like $30,000 and he gets his return on it within a month or two, including training the operators. It's an options firm I think.

Go to the workdesk setup on ET or google search for that image and you'll find him :).

Phil.

well, we're coming right back into the peak chaff futures trading season.
I'm looking to load up on multiple contracts this week, probably combined with a hedged options play
any one got any ideas on price targets, where are we going from here ?
The way the bollinger bands have constricted over the last few months indicate a potential explosive move very soon ....

Rath if you don't know this by now Ithink you need to re-read your course notes..... or of course pay me 10 grand for the advanced course with 1-on-1 mentoring.

RC, BSD,

After some hesitation I got my direct connection to the OCE (Odessa Commodities Exchange).

Two things struck me immediately – Odessa’s derivative prices are 5 seconds behind Rotterdam’s spot prices; they use the wrong model to price their options.

The time lag meant I was in and out almost 300 times today with an 91% win rate on the chaff future.

Regarding their pricing model, I think they’re using a modified version of Roll, Geske, Whaley rather than Vasicek’s trinomial. To cut it short, today they were quoting 0.82 delta puts at 75% iv on Apr chaff – it lasted about 10 seconds but I managed to sell 20,000 contracts of the mothers. It then suddenly plunged to 12%. And I closed at a fat profit. How much? Put it this way, my hesitation re the connection was the annual cost of £50,000. Now I don’t need to worry about this for another four years.

Grant.

Gosh, it seems such a long time since the height of the Chaff futures boom,

Before that awful Chaff crash of 2014 that wiped out BSD, Grant and a few other top blokes.

But I have recently started getting into Chaff again and certainly seem to be developing a taste for it.

One word of caution though, now the market has matured, it's no longer newbie heaven, and requires a proper, painstaking professional approach.

Hit me up if you're also a Chaff futures trader and we can exchange notes ....

Last edited:
I think it's fair to say that modern Chaff futures trading sorts the men from the boys, or some other similar analogy....