Casual Trader's Journal

I'm going to try to hold this position for the swing, hopefully a few months lol.

I scaled in short a total of 12 micro lots, then scaled out of 6 once they became profitable........so I'm now short 6 micro's at an avg price of 1.22515.

Holding any position for more than a few hours is not how I usually trade, but I think the daily chart has a good resistance where I entered my shorts.

I'm off to work with stops in place, willing to risk about an 8 pip loss on 6 micros - will see how this goes.

Ahh, the art of being right, and still losing lol.
Well, at least it didn't stop me out at the top this time. :)

Pretty much a nothing day, happy to have not lost. :)

Attachments

• 6.15.PNG
    6.15.PNG
    145.6 KB · Views: 227
I almost got out -2% but hung in for about another 3% gain.

Attachments

• 6.17.PNG
    6.17.PNG
    139.8 KB · Views: 228
Made a little better than 2% again and am happy!

Attachments

• 6.21.10.PNG
    6.21.10.PNG
    146.6 KB · Views: 210
Last edited:
Stupid rookie mistake shorting the low of the day lost me $8.30.
Still up about 1% on the session and am done till possibly tonight.

Attachments

• lod.PNG
    lod.PNG
    127.3 KB · Views: 217
Got out with a few more bucks, walked away, came back and saw the move I was trying to wait for but didn't lol

Oh well, finished my session up after two trades and about a two percent gain.

Attachments

• 6.23.PNG
    6.23.PNG
    138.2 KB · Views: 194
nice trading :) i think we have similar trading styles in regards to scaling ...ill pm you my skype name if you're interested

Ok, I was late for work so I closed out my morning loss and ran out the door to get to work so I did not post this morning's loss of $49.80 - - - about an 8% loss.

Well, I just made that back plus about 3% or so.

I had to use more of the available leverage for this particular trade than I care too, but will do so as long as my signals fire off.......when I am wrong, I get right out. That could mean a $1.00 loss or up to a $100 loss.

I agree that amount is too much to risk, but when it comes to actually using leverage, discipline is king of the entire trade.

My personal risk tolerance at this point is $100. I am prepared to be that wrong. Thankfully, thus far my discipline has kicked in at less than half that amount - and only once..................thus far! :)

Attachments

• 6.24.PNG
    6.24.PNG
    134.9 KB · Views: 195
Just not in sync today for some reason. I got in at great entries but bailed at the wrong times - just out of sync so I'm folding for the day.

I'm happy to walk away today with a puny loss.

Attachments

• 6.28.PNG
    6.28.PNG
    136 KB · Views: 193
Thanks to a work schedule change, I can trade during the day for a while.

Chalk up about another 4%.

Attachments

• 6.29.PNG
    6.29.PNG
    141.9 KB · Views: 201
Added another 5% - that's 29% profit in under 4 weeks so far. Beats the heck out of a savings account. :)

Attachments

• 6.30.PNG
    6.30.PNG
    151.2 KB · Views: 188
I slacked off on my trading and posting - just too busy or had no good feel, but anyway, I made another +1% so far today.

Attachments

• 7.7.PNG
    7.7.PNG
    132.4 KB · Views: 183
Well, looks like I covered my first trade a pip or two before it rocketed up lol.

On this last trade, I had such a good short entry that once in profit, I scaled out of my two worst entries and tried to hold the rest of my position for a swing trade. I set my stops to about a 1 pip profit and was hoping I got in right at the tippy top..............but nnnoooooooo. Price popped up and stopped me out.

Anyway, had I simply traded like I'm supposed to, I'd be up about an additional $20. As it is, I'm up about 2% and am quite sure I have no clue when the run on the EUR/USD will run outta steam.

Attachments

• 7.7_2.PNG
    7.7_2.PNG
    147.2 KB · Views: 221
Made another 1% or so and looks like I exited a bit early once again.

It's been about a month since I started posting this journal - so far I'm up just over 54% and I'm feeling real good about that! *And* I fully realize I am only trading a micro account and that a return like that with any consistency with a standard account is probably a pipe dream.

I have been using a combination of different time frames, moving averages and S/R for my trade signals - and I am usually only seeking to take a very small slice of profit from "the move" - consistently.

At this point, I still have work to do to get better entries and exits, so I will continue to concentrate to perfect those - once I feel more confident, I will start focusing on the position size of my trades.

For now, I am happy with this month's performance! :D

Attachments

• 7.9.PNG
    7.9.PNG
    158.1 KB · Views: 196
Well, I had at least a few different chances to close the session with a small profit but trying to let the trade play out I took a $2.10 loss and happy to be flat.

I got in at a bad entry but I was thinking we'd get closer to S2 where I had my exit orders sitting - but nope, didn't get there.

Attachments

• 7.12.PNG
    7.12.PNG
    154 KB · Views: 189
Thanks Pete!

I got my two bucks back ha ha - and added just over another percent!

Mostly just churned the account this time so I am happy to have made anything. :)

Attachments

• 7.13.PNG
    7.13.PNG
    145.2 KB · Views: 179
I'm ending the session down $4.11.

To me, we've been trading mainly sideways all night and for me, that equates to getting chopped up so I'm calling it a day and heading out to work.

Attachments

• 7.14.PNG
    7.14.PNG
    148 KB · Views: 209