Raymarine to outsource with Flextronics

Raymarine to outsource with Flextronics

By Malcolm Locke and John Duckers
619 words
16 August 2005
Birmingham Post
English
(c) 2005 Birmingham Post & Mail Ltd

Britain lost another major piece of its manufacturing base yesterday as Raymarine, the marine electronics company, confirmed it would move work to Hungary.

It has agreed an outsourcing deal with US-based Flextronics International in a move that will result in the closure of its factory in Portsmouth and the loss of 250 jobs.

Raymarine is well-known to the vast majority of boating enthusiasts.

The group makes gadgets such as fish finders, navigation systems, radar consoles, autopilots and global positioning systems.

The outsourcing move was originally flagged back in July, but the name of the manufacturing partner and new location were not disclosed.

Raymarine"s affected employees have been fully consulted about the move, but group chief executive Malcolm Miller said staff were "obviously upset".

"It"s been a tough decision to take, but I think staff understand why we"ve had to do it," he said.

"Flextronics is an important tier one supplier of electronics and Raymarine will be able to plug in to its expertise and get the benefit of its global purchasing power. The outsourcing of our UK manufacturing operations is essential for Raymarine to remain competitive. It"s not just about cutting jobs and the wages bill."

The group said the outsourcing move would save it £5 million in 2007; £10 million in2008; £10.5 million in 2009; and £11 million from 2010 onwards. The cost of implementing the move will be £15 million this year and a further £6 million in 2006. About a third of the costs will be redundancy charges.

MICROSOFT Pick Flextronics FOR NEXT XBOX

MICROSOFT Pick Flextronics FOR NEXT XBOX

Aug 18, 2005 (WENN via COMTEX) --

Microsoft Corp has enlisted the skills of Canadian firm Celestica Inc to join Flextronics International Ltd and Wistron Inc in the building of its Xbox game console. Microsoft announced Tuesday (16AUG05) it was expanding that roster to three for its next-generation Xbox 360 due out later this year (05), probably November. Todd Holmdahl, corporate vice president of the Xbox Product Group, enthuses, "With three contract manufacturers on board, we're poised to have the flexibility and efficiencies we need to keep up with the consumer demand." Plants for each of the three companies building Microsoft's newest game console are located in the Pearl River Delta region in southern China. A Celestica spokeswoman said the company will begin production of the device at its plants in early 2006. (ES/WNWR/JB)

Document WENN000020050818e18i0005z

Maytag signs Whirlpool $2.7B takeover offer.Lazard Ltd. advised Maytag, along with Wa

Maytag signs Whirlpool $2.7B takeover offer.Lazard Ltd. advised Maytag, along with Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz and Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton. Greenhill & Co. advised Whirlpool, along with Weil Gotshal & Manges, Howrey LLP, and the Boston Consulting Group.

Institution keep buying large shares in the last month. http://thomson.finance.lycos.com/ly...icker?t=LAZ&range=7&mgp=0&i=3&hdate=&x=10&y=9

Now I see the JPMorgan and Bank of America $27 target is closer and closer.

More M&A deal in Italian by LAZARD:

MILAN (Dow Jones)--Advisors for ABN Amro Holding NV (ABN) and Banca Popolare Italiana Scarl (BPI.MI) will meet Wednesday to discuss the possible sale of the Italian bank's stake in Banca Antonveneta SpA (NTV.MI) to the Dutch bank, Milano Finanza reports Wednesday, citing people close to the talks.

The meeting is exploratory and Popolare Italiana's board will meet Thursday to hear its advisors' report, the paper says.

Popolare Italiana is being advised by Lazard Ltd. (LAZ) and Dresdner Bank AG (DRB.YY), while ABN Amro is being advised by Rothschild and Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. (LEH).

Accentrue upgraded by Valueline from 3 to 2 last month and upgraded again yesterday f

Accentrue upgraded by Valueline from 3 to 2 last month and upgraded again yesterday from 2 to 1. Now ACN is holding a timeliness 1 which is strong buy in the next 12 month. Low end price target is $40 in the next 2 years and up end is $60 by Valueline.S&P report showing the price target is $30 in the next 12 months and with a 4 stars which is buy. I got in ACN @23.6, ACN will see much higher close to $27 soon.

ACN touches it 50days MA, will rebounce from here with updrade by valueline.

ACN touches it 50days MA, will rebounce from here with updrade by valueline.

Good time to buy more LAZ shares, it is on the uptrend tunnel. The lost today due to

Good time to buy more LAZ shares, it is on the uptrend tunnel. The lost today due to those profit taken. Nice jump last two weeks from 22.5 to 25.3. Now still not late to catch LAZ to touch its analyst target which is $27. Buy more here.

InPlay: Lazard +0.6% after Chairman & CEO disclosed last night purchase of 120k share

InPlay: Lazard +0.6% after Chairman & CEO disclosed last night purchase of 120k shares at $24.96-$25.20. Like I said, market mean target is $26.6, any price lower than this is undervalued. Those JP Morgan and BOA and Boston First Capital are all in bank industry, they know LAZ more than other do, so their target is pretty accurate.

ACN rebounced from its 50MA and will see the target $30 in the next several weeks. It

ACN rebounced from its 50MA and will see the target $30 in the next several weeks. It is been updated by valueline twice within a month which is unusual (that means valueline's analysts predict something good really gonna happen). I called ACN when it touched its 50MA at $24.8.

LAZ Also very solid. A little sell this morning due to yesterday jump and market red. Now it seems that LAZ come back to its true value, the target is $27 and this morning JP Morgan gives initial senitiment. WIll see much more uptrend in the next several weeks.

I predict the market will come back to life after the tank last several weeks.

ACN cut jobs to reduce cost. Very solid finicial background with short-term uptrend m

ACN cut jobs to reduce cost. Very solid finicial background with short-term uptrend momentum, hold my target $30.

LAZ with insider open market purchase last week and heavy institution absorbing shares in the last month, will see its mean analysts target $26.6 soon. Pay attention to its 3Q, usually much higher than 1Q and 2Q according to the industry and its M&A business.Won't sell under $26.5

MOT holding tightly.

VRX I called that two weeks ago, today doing really good. Also SGP.

VRX I called that two weeks ago, today doing really good. Also SGP.

Here are my Phama Stocks list: VRX HGSI SGP MRK RNAI ARNA BMY TGIC MYGN CVTX BRL BIIB

VRX, SGP, BIIB, HGSI (bought last week) are my holding.

Today, E.ON (10 GBP billion deal ) has reportedly hired Lazard Ltd to advise on a pos

Today, E.ON (10 GBP billion deal ) has reportedly hired Lazard Ltd to advise on a possible takeover of Scottish Power.

Germany's E.On AG (EON) confirmed Monday that it is mulling options on a possible takeover offer for ScottishPower PLC (SPI), after the U.K. listed power company's shares rose sharply on bid speculation.

Hope you guys still hold SCHN and OS, I out these two stocks already, very nice pop t

Hope you guys still hold SCHN and OS, I out these two stocks already, very nice pop today. LAZ yesterday has huge volume 0ver 700k compare to average 400k, with 85% institution purchasing from I-Watch. Today LAZ has some momo with good news and new Euro Deal. Target $27

ReEnter some shares in KOMG, sold all my position over $40 not long time ago. This is

ReEnter some shares in KOMG, sold all my position over $40 not long time ago. This is one of the biggest winner this year in my portfolio, I called it around $20 here. LAZ also gave me a decent profit in the last three months, still holding.

I am calling ACN again with target $30. THis company has very very good financial background with very attractive growthing ratios.

ACN sign a new 10-year contract with Citadel

144 words
7 September 2005
M2 EquityBites
English
(c) Copyright 2005 M2 Communications, Ltd. All Rights Reserved

Accenture (NYSE: ACN), a management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, and Citadel Investment Group LLC, an investment capital firm, have signed a ten-year agreement under which Accenture will manage key aspects of Citadel's financial data management processes.

The aim is to help Citadel enhance the quality of its market information and secure greater returns from its data operations.

Under the agreement Accenture will provide Citadel with a managed service, known as Accenture Managed Reference Data Service, for consolidating, validating and enhancing published reference data. Accenture Managed Reference Data Service operates on a centralised, "one-to-many" basis to maximize cost and operational efficiencies through economies of scale, according to the company.

LAZ form a intraday W shape. Today it touched its news high $26 since IPO, the momo w

LAZ form a intraday W shape. Today it touched its news high $26 since IPO, the momo will go on in the next few weeks before the 3Q out. The 3Q earning will be outperformed than the 2Q according to VE financial reports. $26.6 mean target is almost there.

Three POP out stocks from TA and Chart:

Three POP out stocks from TA and Chart:
ACN, FLEX and LAZ.

all these three stocks have recent uptrend momo. Interesting thing: LAZ seems opposite to the market, when market in red, LAZ in green, when market in big green, it usually in red. Just my observe, but this is a good stock to hedge the market risk if my observation is correct.

Call again for LAZ, buy dip today and will see $1-2 profit in a very short term. Look

Call again for LAZ, buy dip today and will see $1-2 profit in a very short term. Look at yesterday and today's volume, very thin. This suggest those institution or big guy are holding the shares tight, the down from $26 to $25.2 is purely due to small traders' activities. The mean target $26.7 to $27 by three big banks analysts. If you are interesting in $1 or 2 bulls profit with very low risk, now it is time to buy LAZ and hold for one or two weeks.

MM's typical play: ACN.

MM's typical play: ACN.
With two big contracts this week, the stock down 50 cents? Interesting. Typical MM bashed and flush shares in order to absorb heavily at the low price. Exactly the same pattern as NGPS when MM bashed it to $14 and then Fidelity bought tons of it at $14. Interesting MM's play. From weekly chart, ACN head to $30. Good time to enter when ACN is still low.

Three contracts in a week, amazing.

Three contracts in a week, amazing.
ACN will see rebounce. Start from monday, MM bashed ACN in order to absorb at low. But with three big contracts this week, MM hard to to that. ACN target $30.

Agfa-Gevaert, Accenture in conract to supply UK digital radiology equipment

100 words
14 September 2005
01:57 am
AFX International Focus
English
Copyright AFX News, 2005 All reproduction and presentation rights reserved.

BRUSSELS (AFX) - Agfa-Gevaert NV said it has entered into an agreement with Accenture to supply digital radiology imaging equipment to hospitals in the North East of England.

My call two weeks ago: RHAT, MOT, ACN

My call two weeks ago: RHAT, MOT, ACN

Today, a good entry for FLEX with correction after rally early this week. S&P report hold a BUY sentiment with target $16. At the same time First Call mean target $16.1 with upper limit $20 and lower side $13. Now FLEX is undervalued based on its earning discount model. FLEX rank 5 (highest undervalued) by S&P. My target still hold $16. It had several huge buy order just now, check the intraday trading, it has 250000 shares bought 5 minutes ago.

LAZ definately a good buy here with its 3Q good earning coming next month. This week LAZ envolved two big M&A deals in European market. Will see above $26 again soon.

FLEX MM absorbing

FLEX MM absorbing

ACN nice move here, remember i said that MM bashed it at the beginning of this week in order to absorb it at low price. Typical MM action, however, three big contracts this week won't let MM to bash it. Now ACN head to a higher price.

Same story for FLEX here, only difference is FLEX does not have solid contracts or big good news. MM bashed it for a lot time. Their mean target is $16 for FLEX by the end of 2005. If you are MM what do you want to do before you buy? If you still not holding FLEX, it is a golden opportunity to absorb it at lower than $13 level.