Best Thread Capital Spreads

During that German court ruling, instruments spiked. This caused the MACD to move a large amount upwards, not to mention the price. So I have said this before but I see a situation where the MACD is not fully in the frameand the price is. Then after a certain time, the chart tries to fit the MACD inside the frame but in doing so, the price chart does not fit within the frame. Then I think the chart realises that the price is not fully in the frame and tries to fit it in much more quickly. But in doing so, the MACD's extremities are cut off. This is currently happening with EURUSD, AUDUSD and DAX.

Hi Simon, in a week or so, we will go live with a project VisualRMM.com, that I, personally, am involved with.

I would appreciate your personal comments about the site. The site is focused on something, that, in my opinion, is the most important aspect of trading, i.e., Risk & Money Management. Our aim is to make this "boring" subject more fun and appealing to the retail trader.

VisualRMM.com. will, among other goodies, offer free downloads of Risk & Money Management templates for brokers. Included in this offer, is a free VisualRMM template for Capitalspreads, this is based on the client CSV export feature. It might be of interest to some of your clients.

I hope you like the site and I would be grateful to hear from you in the near future.

Sorry about a string of posts on the charts. With the help of the chart people, it so far looks good. No flickering. The problem appears to arise when I use the Drag chart to move icon at the top. So I have stopped using the drag chart to move function. Consider it solved if I don't post any more about it.

If you have used it and see the flickering, you will have to reload the chart to stop it.

twinj

I have the same problem working on a mac using firefox.

It causes the odd panic attack when I fear the price has spiked against me!!!!

Honest guy from charting company. After sending various screen shots, they have managed to replicate the problem and they are now trying to fix the bug.

Hi lurkalot, thanks for posting about the same problem.

Could you tell me a bit about your experience with imacs and trading? In particular, with charts and execution? I am concerned about memory usage and CPU usage. I used IT Finance charts on a macbook and they would hog a huge amount of CPU and memory usage at least compared to windows. Is that the case with these new charts? Assuming you have used IT Finance charts on imac, did you have a similar experience? Thanks in advance.

twinj

I have an older mac with 3gb memory and run this with a second monitor with four charts on it and my email and calendar. The main screen I use for price streams from a few different sb companies, stream video/tv on it with the usual array of spread sheets and word documents going on.

It's been bomb proof to be honest. Before this I used to run three different PC's at the same time to provide some resilience.

As they say I have never looked back and would not go back to a PC if they were giving them away.

I've never owned/used a computer for so long without changing it before this.

I also use a Macbook pro again 3gb memory. I normally run 3 charts which are reduced in size with the other stuff mentioned earlier. This runs fairly warm when I stream the video and certainly keeps you warm! But the other stuff it just copes with in it's stride. The one thing I would say though about this is that the battery doesn't last very long but I think that's a problem on the model I have anyway, which I think has been addressed in newer models.

Last edited:
twinj

I have an older mac with 3gb memory and run this with a second monitor with four charts on it and my email and calendar. The main screen I use for price streams from a few different sb companies, stream video/tv on it with the usual array of spread sheets and word documents going on.

It's been bomb proof to be honest. Before this I used to run three different PC's at the same time to provide some resilience.

As they say I have never looked back and would not go back to a PC if they were giving them away.

I've never owned/used a computer for so long without changing it before this.

I also use a Macbook pro again 3gb memory. I normally run 3 charts which are reduced in size with the other stuff mentioned earlier. This runs fairly warm when I stream the video and certainly keeps you warm! But the other stuff it just copes with in it's stride. The one thing I would say though about this is that the battery doesn't last very long but I think that's a problem on the model I have anyway, which I think has been addressed in newer models.

The new macs are pc's branded under a mac badge, same motherboards, memory and processor used with a few tweeks and a different operating system. Build your own high end pc, use a xeon processor or the top intel processor if you can afford £800 for it. I have always run pc's and have not had a problem. I would imagine your problem is spyware and viruses afftecting your pc's performance, keep your pc clean and it will run like a dream. My daughter alwas asked why is my pc always so fast, its simple I keep viruses and spyware off it. The next generation intel i processor are very fast, build a pc for my mate using an i5 4 core and his daughter says what I love about the pc is its so fast. Its a case of upgrading to better processors as well and the pc is your work tool so you need the best and spend money on something will work flawlessly.

The new macs are pc's branded under a mac badge, same motherboards, memory and processor used with a few tweeks and a different operating system. Build your own high end pc, use a xeon processor or the top intel processor if you can afford £800 for it. I have always run pc's and have not had a problem. I would imagine your problem is spyware and viruses afftecting your pc's performance, keep your pc clean and it will run like a dream. My daughter alwas asked why is my pc always so fast, its simple I keep viruses and spyware off it. The next generation intel i processor are very fast, build a pc for my mate using an i5 4 core and his daughter says what I love about the pc is its so fast. Its a case of upgrading to better processors as well and the pc is your work tool so you need the best and spend money on something will work flawlessly.
Yes agree, the Traders setup very important and the money well spent. I myself is waiting for AMD "Bulldozer" family of processors, to replace my AMD Phenom II X4 965.

Yes agree, the Traders setup very important and the money well spent. I myself is waiting for AMD "Bulldozer" family of processors, to replace my AMD Phenom II X4 965.

I have been waiting for bulldozer since the start of time and in the future if it proves better than the i7 I use then it will be an upgrade.

Today I have had problems with freezing charts, its annoying to have to reload a chart if it freezes.

splashy

the chart guys (sounds like a Jim Carey movie) have asked if you can email customer support with your specific query and they can then forward it on to them

cheers

simon

Thanks but i've tried that twice already.. I get an email by return saying they've passed it through to 'someone or other' and they'll be in touch and thats the last i'll hear of it. Hence thats why i said twice - cos no solution the first time so i did it all again...(and none the second time either).
Thats why i just wondered if anyone else may have had similar problems. If not, then it may be me and and i'll erase all the data and strategies and start again...
thanks

Charts still freezing, its coming to the stage where I move my cash to a different SB account. I think capital spreads have had long enough to sort out the problems outs. On the euro news spike yesterday every one of my tickers froze and it seems capital spreads can't be bothered to fix any of the problems their platform has.

I love Capitalspreads execution service, if they just had a one pointer on the Dow, dreaming.....

I love Capitalspreads execution service, if they just had a one pointer on the Dow, dreaming.....

I like their execution as well but they need to sort out the tickers freezing, I trade on news sometimes for a quick in and out.

I like their execution as well but they need to sort out the tickers freezing, I trade on news sometimes for a quick in and out.

If it's on news that it happens, they are most likely freezing the tickets on purpose to stop you getting a price before the spike (n)