Cable 2010

i used to but it didn't really work for me as it would often come back to b.e stop me out then fly away. So now i set the stop and target and try to let the trade run to one or the other. most would disagree with fixed stops prefering to place stops above previous highs but with a set stop and target i always know where i am.

I will sometimes still move the stop or kill the trade if i get a feeling its going to turn on me. After years of staring at charts I've started to trust my instincts now.

Gonna kill this trade as well soon if it doesn't hit the target.

looking rangebound this morning if 6250 holds will look for longs if it breaks will wait for a pullback before going short.

off she goes stopped out. will look for short opportunities only now.

i said earlier in the week that cable is weak and looking to move down, my long was a bit cheecky as it was against the bigger trend but i was not comfertable going short there and felt it might have one last retest of 6300 before the plunge, didn't happen and now its shot off, not sure if i'll get an op to get in on the move.

nice one vaco ----- so am I right in thinking that you will be only looking for shorting opportunitys for the rest of today ???

I have a gut feeling that this is going to be a great thread and I hope you dont mind me asking questions guys ------- so light what is your reason for taking that long ???

trade aws half size due to the fact that it was very counter trend. Higher probability of failing, although when they work, you can get quite a sharp move.
Some of my entries are semi automated so I cant always give a reason that will make sense, although in this case price has dropped into an area of previous resistance on my daily chart , after quite an extended move down with some spikes in the volume on smaller timeframes.

Came within 1 tick of stopping me out! same as yesterdays last trade of teh day! see if i get lucky again, lol.

dont hold out much hope. Looking weak. Stop reamains in same place. Back in a bit after brekfast to find out my fate :)

oh yeah, good short Vaco