Boiler Room Scams

I copied this from another thread, check this out:

FSRA Federal Securities Regulatory Agency BOILER ROOM SCAM!!!!
To all investors,

please do aware of this institution or this company called FEDERAL SECURITIES REGULATORY AGENCY or FSRA. we found out that this is not based in the united states infact they are based in asia in the phillipines. they are using

http://www.fsra-protect.org

in fact this is not even registered in the UNITED STATES S.E.C. They are even using

27th/Floor Henry M. Jackson Federal Building 915 2nd Ave. Seattle, Washington 98104 United States of America

this address is not existing. and the number that they are using a roaming number.

They will contact you posing to be an investigator for this agency or send you emails coming from this email address:

[email protected]

or

[email protected]

PLEASE DO NOT SEND ANY MONEY! THIS IS ANOTHER SCAM! DON’T FALL FOR THIS!

I have some calls regarding the Greencell Technologies (GT5).

The stock is increasing well, but I need information regarding Strathclyde Associates.
Do anyone have information regarding Strathclyde Associates and these Greencell GT5. Is it trustworthy? and if not, why.

The stock is increasing well, but I need information regarding Strathclyde Associates.
Do anyone have information regarding Strathclyde Associates and these Greencell GT5. Is it trustworthy? and if not, why.

Err.. excuse me Kahretsem, but didn't you posted this on the 23 of September at 7:10am?

Regarding the Strathclyde Associates and Greencell shares I have been cold called with a very pursuative man, Nicholas Grayson.
I could buy below the requested minimum per sale as to get me in. Shares for Euro 1,7 although they already was at Euro 1,85.
I told I would investigate the web for their name and would cancel communication if any negative came up.
Anyway they have sent me papers this night with an open account and an agreement
In order not to get to interested, as we all would like to make easy money, I have paid of on my loan instead with the half of my available funds. Now I cannot get tempted.

Be carefull. When you search for Strathclyde Associates you only get hits with their own articles. It was difficult to find other pages with blogs like this. Anyway all the blogs I found are negative.
I will therefore thank this site as to clarify my final decission.

And yet you're asking should you trust them and if not why not?

You answered your own question through your previous posting.

Infact pboyles has told us that....

Strathclyde associates are already on the FSA warning list. They are confirmed fruadsters.

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Law/Alerts/overseas.shtml#s

So need I say more?:confused:

Err.. excuse me Kahretsem, but didn't you posted this on the 23 of September at 7:10am?

And yet you're asking should you trust them and if not why not?

You answered your own question through your previous posting.

Infact pboyles has told us that....

So need I say more?:confused:

Well, I could use more information than just the FSA-list though I am still very inconfident.
Is there really negative stories about Strathclyde Associates. According to themselve they only had one case, and this I try to clarify as I do not take thier word for granted. If they are a reliable firm I have earned money as they still have the Greencells at 1.8, but have also heard stories of fake bonds being send or the difficulty of selling.
I do still reject them but do try to seek information. The only negative story I can find is this blog refering to the FSA-list.
The papers they have sent they also claim as a binding deal. I have read about the impossible mission for them regarding pushing this deal through as I am in another country. How do I stand here.

I know that I do seem easy with questioning this again, but this is not the case. I do though wish to have all information as I also wish for some ammunition when talking to them. Thier is no known negative experience here why I have a hard time talking them off.
Could anyone clarify the matter?

Kahretsem, how much more information do you need when you dealt with those guys on the phone and warned us not to fall for the trap.

Please re-read your first posting and stick to it. Otherwise just like trading you've broken your own rules.

To add to this no matter how much more information you want, you still go ahead give these dog droppings your money and before you know they made off with your money. Then you'll come back on this forum telling us that this company has conned X amount of pounds out of me.

We'll be asking: 'and who was the one that told us to avoid them? You did Kahretsem! And who is the same person that gave us advice, but didn't follow their own and got conned? It was you Kahretsem!'

Kahretsem, if what I gone through has not got into your head that the company you talked about is a boiler room scammer, then nothing will. therefore you may aswell have word 'Sucker' written on your forehead.

Do not worry. The word "Sucker" will not be written in my forehead :sneaky:
I do at least try to get more information as to wear them of, or as others that unfortunately do pay without questioning to much.

I just found the below brilliant link from Motley Fool that puts the things into perspective and answers my questions in a way where I know the hard earned money will be save. With this ABC I do not think we need any names to be verified before taking the correct action. According to this the only way is hanging up instead of talking even though you may have questions or "ammunition".

http://boards.fool.co.uk/october-2006-boiler-room-faq-10212932.aspx

I will though admit I always can dream about easy money as many other people but have a hard time taking these chances. I still have confidence in that the paying of on my loan is better earned. By this way the bank (who also can be robbers :cheesy:) will earn less on the interests.

If wanted I can post the end of the next conversation which I do believe will end up in a quick hang-up.

Anyway I thank you for your consistent attempt to avoid people in falling in (y)

Added at editing:
I read my following posts today and understand your confusion. To be clear I am not tempted. The exact confirmation from others regarding Greencell or Strathclyde to be fraud with examples or rumors would only help my course when speaking to them again.
The story is that I have been neglecting thier calls since the first post appr. one month ago. Unfortunately they had called the secretary that was not aware of that I would not take these calls.
I just came to the office after many hours on site and was pretty stressed (its pretty warm and humid in south China, tired, sweating, dirty hands and tired of the Chinese workers and thier work, and the phone was stationary as I therefore had to stand at same position over some binders in a warm office - shortly said: one of these bad days) as I now had to talk to a new guy from Strathclyde Associates. To shake him of (after ½ hour) I promished to speak with him Monday (Oct. 25). I did not take these calls today as I would like to have more information at hand.
The issue is now clear and he will get a quick status and I will end the call by pressing the red bottum. I do still advise the same as you do all the time. Must admit that they are pretty stubborn and really hard to shake of.
In my case they call me as I am expatriate and therefore in thier book makes good money. I am therefore a target for thier operation.

Last edited:
I just found the below brilliant link from Motley Fool that puts the things into perspective and answers my questions in a way where I know the hard earned money will be save. With this ABC I do not think we need any names to be verified before taking the correct action. According to this the only way is hanging up instead of talking even though you may have questions or "ammunition".

Glad to hear to that and good link by the way.

Oh and one final thing be prepared for more boiler room scammers cold calling you. Hopefully next time you'll know how to deal with them.

Do not worry. The word "Sucker" will not be written in my forehead :sneaky:
I do at least try to get more information as to wear them of, or as others that unfortunately do pay without questioning to much.

I will though admit I always can dream about easy money as many other people but have a hard time taking these chances. I still have confidence in that the paying of on my loan is better earned. By this way the bank (who also can be robbers :cheesy:) will earn less on the interests.

If wanted I can post the end of the next conversation which I do believe will end up in a quick hang-up.

Anyway I thank you for your consistent attempt to avoid people in falling in (y)

Added at editing:
I read my following posts today and understand your confusion. To be clear I am not tempted. The exact confirmation from others regarding Greencell or Strathclyde to be fraud with examples or rumors would only help my course when speaking to them again.
The story is that I have been neglecting thier calls since the first post appr. one month ago. Unfortunately they had called the secretary that was not aware of that I would not take these calls.
I just came to the office after many hours on site and was pretty stressed (its pretty warm and humid in south China, tired, sweating, dirty hands and tired of the Chinese workers and thier work, and the phone was stationary as I therefore had to stand at same position over some binders in a warm office - shortly said: one of these bad days) as I now had to talk to a new guy from Strathclyde Associates. To shake him of (after ½ hour) I promished to speak with him Monday (Oct. 25). I did not take these calls today as I would like to have more information at hand.
The issue is now clear and he will get a quick status and I will end the call by pressing the red bottum. I do still advise the same as you do all the time. Must admit that they are pretty stubborn and really hard to shake of.
In my case they call me as I am expatriate and therefore in thier book makes good money. I am therefore a target for thier operation.

Tell them you know they are on the FSA warning list and that they are criminals.

I dont think you are looking for proof they are scammers, I think you are looking for someone to say they are OK and then you're going to give them your money. I've seen this before with people who have been scammed, the last thing they want to hear is the truth.

Tell them you know they are on the FSA warning list and that they are criminals.

I dont think you are looking for proof they are scammers, I think you are looking for someone to say they are OK and then you're going to give them your money. I've seen this before with people who have been scammed, the last thing they want to hear is the truth.

I do understand that you have this impression but I did only want the information as ammunition to thier next call wich probably is tomorrow. From the Motley Fool link the advise is to hang-up instead of starting the oral war, and by second thought we know they will win the oral war as they do know how to smart talk.
I do still believe the money is more safe as paid of on the loans and my advise is still unchanged.
You will not see me fall. I would rather die and then you can have my electrical scooter which is the only thing left :LOL:

I do understand that you have this impression but I did only want the information as ammunition to thier next call wich probably is tomorrow. From the Motley Fool link the advise is to hang-up instead of starting the oral war, and by second thought we know they will win the oral war as they do know how to smart talk.
I do still believe the money is more safe as paid of on the loans and my advise is still unchanged.
You will not see me fall. I would rather die and then you can have my electrical scooter which is the only thing left :LOL:

Remember that when you are talking to them and presenting all the proof you have found about them you are also educating them on how to be prepared for these questions the next time. In other words you are helping them plan their next scam better than their current one. Tell them they are thieves and you have seen the FSA warning and leave it at that.

Exactly. If they are on the FSA warning list, then no one knows them and they are a scam or they wouldn't be on the list.

Kahretsem

Don't waste your time telling them what you and they both know.

Instead tell them to 'F*** Off and how dare they call you to try and steal money from you, then tell the scammer he's a C***T'"

Yes, hard language I know but still, why be polite to someone that is trying to steal your cash?

Anyone had any dealings with a company say they are trading as Mathisen Finacial and want to buy useless shares sold to you by ISM who were supposidly trading out of Zurich few yrs back selling shares in wildwood and paco oil and gas????? currently someone calling himself Daniel Baxter is acting with the phone number 00 41 435006579 for ISM, using Dodgy Escrow web site known as British Escrow Services Cyprus, any info would be great, they have ripped my mother off in 2008 for 7500, and now they have done her again for 11000.

Anyone had any dealings with a company say they are trading as Mathisen Finacial and want to buy useless shares sold to you by ISM who were supposidly trading out of Zurich few yrs back selling shares in wildwood and paco oil and gas????? currently someone calling himself Daniel Baxter is acting with the phone number 00 41 435006579 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************00 41 435006579******end_of_the_skype_highlighting for ISM, using Dodgy Escrow web site known as British Escrow Services Cyprus, any info would be great, they have ripped my mother off in 2008 for 7500, and now they have done her again for 11000.

I'm sorry to hear that, thats a terrible loss, unfortunately the average loss is even more than that. I'm guessing it was the following boiler room that called you

http://mathisenfinancial.com/

Regarding that phone number it is probably a VOIP number (like Skype) that is redirected to somewhere like Spain or Thailand where these criminals work from. It wont be in Switzerland thats for sure. Likewise that will be a false name they are using.

You are of course correct about British Escrow Cyprus, its just part of the scam. Your mother will be receiving a lot more calls now that she has fallen for it twice. They will take every penny she has unless to do something about it. Cant you change her phone number?

Remember that everyone who calls her is a scammer, it doesnt matter what excuse they make. There was a case recently where they were calling people saying they were Federal Agents who had recovered the victims funds, they even had fancy websites that looked the part. At the end of the day it was another scam.

Have you reported the matter to Operation Archway and the FSA? If not you should as that will help get the word out about them. It only takes 5 minutes to do.

I'm sorry to hear that, thats a terrible loss, unfortunately the average loss is even more than that. I'm guessing it was the following boiler room that called you

http://mathisenfinancial.com/

Regarding that phone number it is probably a VOIP number (like Skype) that is redirected to somewhere like Spain or Thailand where these criminals work from. It wont be in Switzerland thats for sure. Likewise that will be a false name they are using.

You are of course correct about British Escrow Cyprus, its just part of the scam. Your mother will be receiving a lot more calls now that she has fallen for it twice. They will take every penny she has unless to do something about it. Cant you change her phone number?

Remember that everyone who calls her is a scammer, it doesnt matter what excuse they make. There was a case recently where they were calling people saying they were Federal Agents who had recovered the victims funds, they even had fancy websites that looked the part. At the end of the day it was another scam.

Have you reported the matter to Operation Archway and the FSA? If not you should as that will help get the word out about them. It only takes 5 minutes to do.

Yes I have reported it to the FSA the police and I called the FBI, I have tracked the phone numbers for the mathisen web site they are registered at 2 different addresses, one in Queens, the other in Broklyn, the after the computer generated message on the escrow account it is the same female american voice asking you to leave a message, I am guessing that they are working out of the states somewhere, what is interesting is the number someone mentioned for alistair campball 2 yrs ago is the same one used by this Daniel Baxter, i'm asuming that they are the same person, also did get through to the mathisen number after many attempts, didnt say who I really was or about my mum, I questioned the escrow account authentisity, and pointed out that there were too many spelling mistakes and it seemed very un professional in design, the horrible new york accent at the end of the phone got nasty when I said I smelt a rat and wanted to speak to Mr Chase who is the man who approached her with regards to these shares. He hung up on me. I will not let her get scammed again, but I will do my homework so that I can help the authorities as much as possible, these people need to be caught it is out ragious that they have been doing this for so long and are still doing it, but greed will get then and they have already made the mistake with keeping that phone number it is [possible to trace it.

Please stay away and do not invest. If you visit the FFS Korea website you will see there is a warning about Strathclyde. Another company called Fisher Capital Management is also trying to sell shares in Greencell Technologies. They are also a scam.

Yes I have reported it to the FSA the police and I called the FBI, I have tracked the phone numbers for the mathisen web site they are registered at 2 different addresses, one in Queens, the other in Broklyn, the after the computer generated message on the escrow account it is the same female american voice asking you to leave a message, I am guessing that they are working out of the states somewhere, what is interesting is the number someone mentioned for alistair campball 2 yrs ago is the same one used by this Daniel Baxter, i'm asuming that they are the same person, also did get through to the mathisen number after many attempts, didnt say who I really was or about my mum, I questioned the escrow account authentisity, and pointed out that there were too many spelling mistakes and it seemed very un professional in design, the horrible new york accent at the end of the phone got nasty when I said I smelt a rat and wanted to speak to Mr Chase who is the man who approached her with regards to these shares. He hung up on me. I will not let her get scammed again, but I will do my homework so that I can help the authorities as much as possible, these people need to be caught it is out ragious that they have been doing this for so long and are still doing it, but greed will get then and they have already made the mistake with keeping that phone number it is [possible to trace it.

Check your private messages, I am sending you something

Hi guys

I'm in a bit of a desperate situation. I feel really stupid now. I was convinced to get into an agreement to buy 1500 shares of Advance Media Group. They were so convincing then, and I have replied them with the agreement, acknowledgement of the 'trade' and opened an account with them. Worst of all I have signed on the documents.

The better part is, I have not sent them money. What should I do? The forms I sent said they may pursue legal action if I fail to make settlement. Please help!

I have written to them to inform that I am cancelling the business and am not going to send them money. So waiting for their call now. The company claims to be based in Taiwan! Anyone experienced anything similar?

Last edited:
Hi guys

I'm in a bit of a desperate situation. I feel really stupid now. I was convinced to get into an agreement to buy 1500 shares of Advance Media Group. They were so convincing then, and I have replied them with the agreement, acknowledgement of the 'trade' and opened an account with them. Worst of all I have signed on the documents.

The better part is, I have not sent them money. What should I do? The forms I sent said they may pursue legal action if I fail to make settlement. Please help!

Do not under any circumstances send them any money. This a a scam, were you contacted by Strathclyde Associates by any chance? Regardless of who contacted you it is an attempt to steal money off you for worthless shares. They will not take legal action against you because they are criminals who are running from the law. The last thing they'll do is break cover to take you to court. Its just another scare tactic they use. In any case the law is on your side because they need to be FSA regulated to offer investment advice and I'd bet a years wages they are not. For instance Strathclyde Associates are even on the FSA warning list.

Can you post the name of the 'company' that called you? Remember every cold call about shares or investments is a scam, there are no honest people selling shares over the phone, none.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/brokerages/14154-boiler-room-scams-245.html

Hi guys

I'm in a bit of a desperate situation. ?

I should add that the situation is not desperate at all. Just send them no money, tell them you know they are a boiler room scam and they will soon disappear. Also tell them you are reporting them to Operation Archway and the FSA.