Boiler Room Scams

I should add that the situation is not desperate at all. Just send them no money, tell them you know they are a boiler room scam and they will soon disappear. Also tell them you are reporting them to Operation Archway and the FSA.

Thanks pboyles...

I am not in the UK. I am in Asia. Seems like they are targetting regions far from their own. They claim to be based in Taiwan. They are SphinxAsia.com . I just did a whois and it does look dodgy. Disclosing to them my personal info, address, phone number, and a signature is the worse thing I've done wrong. Stupid stupid me. What should I do next? They will be calling me in the morning (it's night here in Asia) and be threatening me with legal action because they have a copy of my signed documents etc...

Thanks pboyles...

I am not in the UK. I am in Asia. Seems like they are targetting regions far from their own. They claim to be based in Taiwan. They are SphinxAsia.com . I just did a whois and it does look dodgy. Disclosing to them my personal info, address, phone number, and a signature is the worse thing I've done wrong. Stupid stupid me. What should I do next? They will be calling me in the morning (it's night here in Asia) and be threatening me with legal action because they have a copy of my signed documents etc...

Whois is the usual story for a scam, site created a couple of months ago, registered to a false name and address. They are not going to take legal action against you, they are criminals, not brokers. Ignore them.

Whois is the usual story for a scam, site created a couple of months ago, registered to a false name and address. They are not going to take legal action against you, they are criminals, not brokers. Ignore them.

I am ashamed of myself for being such a naive being! I did try to question him a lot over the phone but in the end I still fell for it! I'm so very angry with myself. :(:(

By the way, when you whois, how do you know those are false names and addresses?

I am ashamed of myself for being such a naive being! I did try to question him a lot over the phone but in the end I still fell for it! I'm so very angry with myself. :(:(

By the way, when you whois, how do you know those are false names and addresses?

Try to find that address in google maps, or anywhere else for that matter.

And he's a bloody liar! How could one say so much lies with conviction without any guilty conscience? These guys must be sent to suffer in the prisons! :(

In reality, if I have bought the offered shares with lower price than market price, I could have sold it immediately for a profit. What about I demand that he sell my shares for me and give me my profit? Will that shut them up?

In reality, if I have bought the offered shares with lower price than market price, I could have sold it immediately for a profit. What about I demand that he sell my shares for me and give me my profit? Will that shut them up?

No they will ask for a fee from you for 'tax' or 'transfer fees'. They are trying to steal your money, remember? By the way try to find a business address for Advance Media Group, there isnt one. What sort of a business doesnt have an address?

Their shares trade on the Frankfurt OTC market which is full of scams, they are not even required to submit accounts. The shares will have very little volume so there may be nobody willing to buy the shares from you, someone has to buy them for you to sell them, just like selling a car or house.

All this is somewhat irrelevant though, the only possible outcome of you sending them money is that you will lose all of it.

No they will ask for a fee from you for 'tax' or 'transfer fees'. They are trying to steal your money, remember? By the way try to find a business address for Advance Media Group, there isnt one. What sort of a business doesnt have an address?

Their shares trade on the Frankfurt OTC market which is full of scams, they are not even required to submit accounts. The shares will have very little volume so there may be nobody willing to buy the shares from you, someone has to buy them for you to sell them, just like selling a car or house.

All this is somewhat irrelevant though, the only possible outcome of you sending them money is that you will lose all of it.

That little ******* told me AMG produced Avatar. And that he's always at the 'trading' floor when I asked for his mobile number instead of thr 'office' phone he gave.

Dexter

No you couldn't have sold the shares for a quick profit. Listen, you're dealing with people that LIE all the time so if you had have 'sold' the shares you would be 'told' you'd made a profit but NO DEALING was ever done. You were just told that something had been done and you believed it. You are NOT dealing with a brokerage firm, rather a rented office full of scammers that tell their clients just what they want to hear.

Again, you are NOT dealing with a non-legit broker you're dealing with a room of thieves.

When they try to get your money do one of 2 things, either say you're not getting the money you scamming fu$$ and if you want to sue then great, I and the fraud Police would love to see what you look like in court. Or 2) slam the phone down when they call and keep doing it - don't even say anything.

On either of the above they will give up I can assure you.

Finally, please learn from what has happened and start to be a little bnit more cynical when strangers call you up offering easy profits..........

Got a call from them and as expected threatened to pursue legal action from their legal 'team' against me.

Strangely, they call me back again and said since I wish to terminate the trade, I should write a cancel note on the trade advice, sign and sent it back to them to notify them, which I did to ensure my message got across. Felt weird, why they bother to ask for a formal cancellation request if they are not legitimate. In any case, I have not heard from them. I hope I won't be surprised by a lawyer letter soon.

Got a call from them and as expected threatened to pursue legal action from their legal 'team' against me.

Strangely, they call me back again and said since I wish to terminate the trade, I should write a cancel note on the trade advice, sign and sent it back to them to notify them, which I did to ensure my message got across. Felt weird, why they bother to ask for a formal cancellation request if they are not legitimate. In any case, I have not heard from them. I hope I won't be surprised by a lawyer letter soon.

YOu might well get a letter from a lawyer but the lawyers firm might not exist and will be fake as well, probably trying to offer you a settlement for half the amount owed etc.

But why be nice to these people, why be nice to people that want to steal your cash and are in turn pretending to be nice with you? Tell them you KNOW they're THIEVES AND SCAMMERS and laugh as them when they threaten to sue. Then for good measure tell them they are SCUM and should be ashamed of what they do.

To put it bluntly - GROW SOME BALLS :)