Bob Volman Price Action Scalping

Maybe a bit eager with the first trade, but felt price had found support at the 50 level and previous resistance area the arrow points at. Taking the loss I waited for the 50 level to play out and when the lower high under formed, took the RB short

Very nice woodzy.(y)

Had this one for 26 pips. I am working on adding some trading time during the EURO session to my Schedule, I think I had only one eye open this entire trade.

$EURUSD (70 Tick)  4_14_2014.jpg

Hi novicean

I see if its a broker charting package then they will be using there platform data as apposed to proRealTime (PRT) uses a combination of different sources i think & display in full ticks.

I have looked at using certain brokers because they have PRT charts but has you mentioned they dont support full pips, my current broker/ exchange is the same so i use PRT for charting and dealer ticket to place orders.

I Know its a bit of a cost when you are testing a new system to use PRT but i think there are some members on here that use free charts, ninja trader is one i think.

Hope that helps,

Regards,

YT.(y)

Hi YT,
i have checked out ninja trader but they only offer free EOD(end of day) data but thanks for your reply!

Hi Novicean
Try a demo account with a broker who uses ninja.

YT.

Thanks YT! (y)

I have gotten the 70 ticks chart up and running on ninja trader. does this look similar to the charts use by Bob Volman? question, there is a gap between the 2 candles in my chart from 22:12hrs - 22:14hrs....convert to GMT+1 is 15:12hrs - 15:14hrs... did you guys have that gap in your charts as well?

Attachments

• 70t.JPG
    70t.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 292
No two tick chart will be exactly the same. This is the nature of a tick chart and the way they load from the current tick backwards. And since there is no central pricing its subject to your brokers quotes. That said here is mine for the same time.

$EURUSD  no gap.jpg

Thanks YT! (y)

I have gotten the 70 ticks chart up and running on ninja trader. does this look similar to the charts use by Bob Volman? question, there is a gap between the 2 candles in my chart from 22:12hrs - 22:14hrs....convert to GMT+1 is 15:12hrs - 15:14hrs... did you guys have that gap in your charts as well?

Hi not sure why you had that gap, apart from that compares alright with Pro (see image).

One thing to check, it may just be my personal issue, but I was using Ninjatrader with MB demo connection, and I found that the data feed I would receive live differed from the historical if I was to reload the chart. Live it was considerably slower, if I was to reload the chart almost twice as many bars would appear. I went through this problem with Ninja help but all was ok from their side, I was going to follow it up with MBT but haven't got around to it, and quite like Pro now anyway.

Attachments

• ninja v pro 15 apr.png
    ninja v pro 15 apr.png
    35.3 KB · Views: 211
The difference in the data feed you are describing I believe has to do with snapshot data used for real time -vs- historical data. Its just different ways to filter data. I use unfiltered data with MBT, Its not what they recommend but its the way I like it since it matches MBT navigator data. Ether one works fine and does not affect the trade in real time. Historical data does not need to be calculated it has already been created and saved . Live data has to be built from the current tick backwards each time you open a chart. This is the same for all tick data platforms. Hope this helps as it gets a little hard to understand.

Hi not sure why you had that gap, apart from that compares alright with Pro (see image).

One thing to check, it may just be my personal issue, but I was using Ninjatrader with MB demo connection, and I found that the data feed I would receive live differed from the historical if I was to reload the chart. Live it was considerably slower, if I was to reload the chart almost twice as many bars would appear. I went through this problem with Ninja help but all was ok from their side, I was going to follow it up with MBT but haven't got around to it, and quite like Pro now anyway.

I have just read the book and I have been wondering about higher time frames. Does anyone have any experience and/or opinion of trading these set ups on higher time frames like the 1M, 5M or 15M?

Hello sean1963
Welcome to the thread as for different time frames i have not tried any other than the 70 tick but it has been mentioned before some where on the thread that a 30 second or 1 m resembles a 70 tick never tried it though.

All the best,

YT.

Thanks for sharing your charts Woodzy and Traderallen!
i guess freebies aren't as good as the real thing :(

Last edited:
I made a Video of a couple trades today. The sound turned out bad so I am not putting it on my webpage. But I think its got important points so I'll leave it on youtube for a couple days for you all to watch. Just turn the volume up a little.

http://youtu.be/lgZLVqBF9II

Allen: you have like 7 hours worth of data on your chart. Is this still 70 ticks? If i remember correctly, Volman recommends around2 hours. I would need to use a 200 tick chart for that.

Good question. You should set the horizontal axis on the chart during the US or Euro session when the market is moving at a good pace (lots of order flow) and then don't adjust it after that. Most of April the market has been so slow there are few chances to do that. I would suggest making your charts horizontal axis match mine today, Till you get a good moving market to set your own scale. This will get you in the ball park. Once set leave it and it will aid you in staying out during unfavorable conditions. Constantly changing the number of candles on the cart will fool your eyes.
Now there is 7 hours at a glace you can see the market is slow, when it shows around 2 hours the markets are moving with more chance to get a winner.

Last edited:
Hm ok, seems my feed makes more ticks in quiet times than yours.

I took a good RB in the european morning, and then the same one you have as your 2nd trade in the video. I exited with -2 pips tho. Can you post more about your damage control? Do you set the exit limit to entry, and then let it run until it hits the stop or limit? Personally i just exit the trade if it doenst work out as intended.

Brand New but learning

Hello sean1963
Welcome to the thread as for different time frames i have not tried any other than the 70 tick but it has been mentioned before some where on the thread that a 30 second or 1 m resembles a 70 tick never tried it though.

All the best,

YT.

I have read the Volman book a couple times now and I am starting to grasp. I see that the 70 tick is the one to use and I have subscribed to the service Volman uses for the charts.

I have been reading the posts and would like to ask all you guys and gals that are achieving success with this for tips to speed up my learning curve.

I will be trading the NY market, so I am guessing 730AM EST till 11 am is the timeframe.

I have read the Volman book a couple times now and I am starting to grasp. I see that the 70 tick is the one to use and I have subscribed to the service Volman uses for the charts.

I have been reading the posts and would like to ask all you guys and gals that are achieving success with this for tips to speed up my learning curve.

I will be trading the NY market, so I am guessing 730AM EST till 11 am is the timeframe.

Hi Sean
I don't know about tips to speed up learning but what i can say & have come to realize is that the more time you spend in front of the screen watching Price move around the chart the more you will understand it, especially when using a live account it is totally different to a demo.

YT.