Bob Volman Price Action Scalping

Also researching my EOD Trade Navigator Platform for tick data . IB data is no good as they take 5 snap shots per second of the volume so its not great data. Mostly use this platform for scanning daily signals on a number of global excahanges. I do like ASX all the same as thats what I grew up trading.

Last edited:
April fools played lots of traders

(copied from my blog)
April has been a tough month for scalping the Forex market volatility has been superlow in fact to find a month with less volatility you have to go all way back to 2002. I was only able to get as of this writing 168 pips profit that was on 24 trades with only one loser. Overall I would consider it a successful month but it was like fighting in the trenches.

Did two trades last night netting 28 pips. Both live. Ist trade was EURUSD 1 lot and the GBPUSD 2nd was a .5 lot on cable,as it was 3am here and almost bedtime so reduced my position for

Pic attached of cable trade, Bottom chat white is entry candle. This trade was quite awesome really, much the same as the EURUSD trade i posted here earlier this week. Key to this and using RWTick was the Daily timechart zone. right at the daily high at the time. i had a thought this could go 100 plus pips.Bot only 20 ish

Traderallen plus 168 is better than -168

Attachments

• gbpusd.xpm1 breakout.png
    gbpusd.xpm1 breakout.png
    45.7 KB · Views: 234
Last edited:
(copied from my blog)
April has been a tough month for scalping the Forex market volatility has been superlow in fact to find a month with less volatility you have to go all way back to 2002. I was only able to get as of this writing 168 pips profit that was on 24 trades with only one loser. Overall I would consider it a successful month but it was like fighting in the trenches.

Hi Traderallen,

Was just thinking that you only got 168 pips this month. 22 trading days per month = an average of 7.6 pips profit per day. Say 7 pips @ 5 lots thats $1750 per week average on what you are saying is a slow month. Think about it. If you were doing 10 or 20 lots per trade that's a nice return. And that's a slow month. Plus 1 loss. Awesome trading.

As a follow up to my previous question, it would be nice to know who that contributes to this thread ia actually making money,

I am w/ eminiaddict.com

I trade /6E, /6J so I don't want to pollute this thread

Ride safe and keep the rubber side down

-Bill_M

I am w/ eminiaddict.com

I trade /6E, /6J so I don't want to pollute this thread

Ride safe and keep the rubber side down

-Bill_M

From AUGUST 1, 2014 TO APRIL 30, 2014 My account up 243% That includes a total of 148 trades only about 12 of which are news trades.

How are you doing with eminiaddic ? I am familiar this his trading room and I read his book. I found the book to be really bad. I do think his trading method can work but it would take lots of money to be able to trade with proper money management and proper trade management.

I am very new

I know I am making money. Can't speak for anyone else. Are you making money trading?

I have not started trading real money yet. I know one thing I have lost plenty of money in the past.

I am very hopeful this method could be the answer for me, which is why I am reaching out to people using it.

I have not started trading real money yet. I know one thing I have lost plenty of money in the past.

I am very hopeful this method could be the answer for me, which is why I am reaching out to people using it.

Traderallen has some nice results using this method.

Last edited:
It seems the EURUSD market is actually starting to move again. I must say I was becoming very confused the last few weeks as it seemed the market had no kind of range.

To you guys with experience I ask.....What do you do during periods like this?

It seems the EURUSD market is actually starting to move again. I must say I was becoming very confused the last few weeks as it seemed the market had no kind of range.

I look at it this way, You are not paid to trade, you are paid for patience and when the correct set-up arrives you simply take the trade.

The thing also with BVs method you are only targeting 10 pip profit and even in a flat market using the IRB and s/r zones in the range you can still grab a few pips. Recently I was using a 7 pip target.

Last edited:

The best thing is is don't put your eggs in one basket. As you progress in your Forex trading career as I hope you will. Instead of running out and buying a Bentley. Open equities account and start socking away some money there buying value stocks. Then during those times when you're not earning your usual income from Forex you will still be gaining hopefully on your equities investments. And during those times when the currency market is dead you can be using that time to research your next equity buys and sells. Until that point as previously stated you have to focus a little bit harder and adjust your profit target and stop loss to the current market conditions until trading volatility increases.

Ok matty_dunn I blame you for all the crap on my thread I tried to start. If you did not point out my trade are a little different than Bob's I would not have tried to start my own. (just teasing) But I understand now more than ever why Bob chooses anonymity over public life. Its just not worth it.

Ok matty_dunn I blame you for all the crap on my thread I tried to start. If you did not point out my trade are a little different than Bob's I would not have tried to start my own. (just teasing) But I understand now more than ever why Bob chooses anonymity over public life. Its just not worth it.

Sorry mate, didn't expect you to start a new thread or post elsewhere. I enjoy reading your posts and invite different perspectives and ways of looking at things. What happened? Did you get shot down by others? Well f$&@k em, keep on doing your thing and know that there are people who appreciate your shàring.