Bob Volman Price Action Scalping

Hi all
Here's a trade from this morning, the large candle shot up and retraced pretty quickly & i did not have a automatic profit target set up on the trade so had to settle for 7 pips.

Plenty of news spread through out the day today so should see some more setups hopefully.

All the best,

YT.

Attachments

• USD.png08APRIL7.30AM.png
    USD.png08APRIL7.30AM.png
    21.9 KB · Views: 219
Since the start of the month trade volume and order flows have been low. Be conservative or don't trade till volumes pick up.

Only one trade today, closed out trade at previous resistance but price did make it to 10 pip target.

YT.

Attachments

• USD.png03APRIL12pm.png
    USD.png03APRIL12pm.png
    27.7 KB · Views: 250
Only one trade today, closed out trade at previous resistance but price did make it to 10 pip target.

YT.

Looks like a great trade. :clap: You cant trade in hind site. Sure it moved 5 more pips but there is no way to foresee that. Great job taking the 5 and moving on to the next set up. I have some this week for only 2 pips, however I'm ending a really bad week to trade at +97 . I'm pretty happy about that. Plus 5 is much better than -5. Good trading to all

Non Farm Payrolls

Looks like a great trade. :clap: You cant trade in hind site. Sure it moved 5 more pips but there is no way to foresee that. Great job taking the 5 and moving on to the next set up. I have some this week for only 2 pips, however I'm ending a really bad week to trade at +97 . I'm pretty happy about that. Plus 5 is much better than -5. Good trading to all

Hi All - managed to grab 10 pips on non-farm payrolls announcement in about three seconds! It's always a bit of a lottery and not for the faint hearted but if you study the action after big announcements you can get the hang of them and win more times than you lose and it's always very fast action. Makes a change from the day job of waiting for Volman setups. have a good weekend guys and gals

While I love news trading and try to get in as many as I can. I never recommend any one to trade NFP Friday. It is a good way for most to lose money very fast. I have traded every one for the last couple years and have not lost a news trade in a long time. Its not easy better off sticking to the 7 setups and even then do not trade them on NFP Friday.

While I love news trading and try to get in as many as I can. I never recommend any one to trade NFP Friday. It is a good way for most to lose money very fast. I have traded every one for the last couple years and have not lost a news trade in a long time. Its not easy better off sticking to the 7 setups and even then do not trade them on NFP Friday.

Thanks for your input Allen and congrats. on your success. I too love news trading but cannot claim 100% wins. I probably win 70% of them but always make 10 pips when I do. How do you choose which news events to trade and how do you manage 100% success?

I wish I had a secret formula to pass on about news trading but there really isn't. It's not cut and dry setups like the FPAS method that we discuss here. It's more about being as familiar with all aspects of the market you're trying to trade. I have taken news trades with a trading friend sitting next to me and have them immediately ask why did I just enter the market. and my answer is I just knew how it was going to move. The point is some things cannot be taught you just gained from experience. On the other hand the FPAS can be learned I'm a prime example. I became profitable once I decided that the method Bob teaches works. And I was going to trade that method and only that method and stick to every rule or direction that I learned. I stayed disciplined, I stuck to the rules, and my account started to grow. And that's what it takes understanding the method and having the discipline to stay focused on it. Don't get me wrong I am human and not a robot there are times when I would start to stray from the plan and when I did I lost my. That gave me the incentive that I needed to force myself to stick to the plan.

Two similar trades I took today at the begining of my trading sessions, but I still struggle with holding for 10 pips. Both made the 10 pips, I just got to trust the tipping points

Attachments

• 8 apr bb.png
    8 apr bb.png
    36 KB · Views: 226
  • 8 apr us bb.png
    8 apr us bb.png
    33.6 KB · Views: 218
Two similar trades I took today at the begining of my trading sessions, but I still struggle with holding for 10 pips. Both made the 10 pips, I just got to trust the tipping points

Hi Woodzy

Couple of nice trades there unfortunately for me Richard Branson's boys have been hard at work outside my house messing with the green box apparently upgrading me to super dooper mega fast broadband so have been unable to trade for 7 hrs looks like I missed some nice action.

Funny you should mention pulling trades to early I have been having the same problem ever since I went live last month, after seeing a pull back I would scratch the trade for 3,4 or 5 pips only to watch it carry on to target.

So whilst I was having my cable upgraded I decided this would be a good time for some re-education, so picked up bob's book and to my amazement the book opened out on chapter 14 yes you got it the chapter on Tipping Points,so after rereading said chapter I feel a bit more confident in letting trades at least try and get to target & looking forward to trading tomorrow. :smart:

All the best,

YT.:cool:

Hi YT, my biggest challenge is battling the emotions and trying to think in probabilities as Bob talks about in the book. At times I’m fine, but I think one problem I have is that I only occasionally have days to trade, so feel frustrated if a positive trade turns and goes against me, because it could be a while before I can trade again.

With regards to your internet connection, you should look into tethering your PC to your mobile phone for emergency connection, and with the 4G speeds now (even 3G is ok) it’s very good connection and speeds. I have even traded on my laptop away from home using my mobile phone internet connection without any issues.

Morning Woodzy

I know how you feel about limited time to trade,I worked away allot but always finished work after 7pm on 12hr a day so not much time for trading.

Heres a trade from this morning managed to get in right on the signal line, still pulled it before target but with the 800 level I thought it wise however it did hit 10 pips but I think it was the right move, you can see how I trailed tightly.

There was a pull back to the MA and a DD but seeing has it was in the 800 area did not think it would be good to go for continuation.

All the best,

YT.

Attachments

• USD.png09APRIL11am.png
    USD.png09APRIL11am.png
    22.4 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
Hi All,

I am just new to Bobs method. Finding it very interesting and great to find this thread.

I set up my charts yesterday with Prorealtime but they don't look right. Pic attached. advice appreciated.

Attachments

• EURUSD 70 tick.png
    EURUSD 70 tick.png
    24.1 KB · Views: 173
Hi All,

I am just new to Bobs method. Finding it very interesting and great to find this thread.

I set up my charts yesterday with Prorealtime but they don't look right. Pic attached. advice appreciated.

Hey patong,

If you click and hold on the price axis on the far right, then move your mouse up or down, you can change the height of the bars to something more suitable (you can do the same thing with the time scale beneath the chart). Also, if you wish to have the 20 levels marked on your chart (like Bob does) go into "Chart Settings" and choose to display the horizontal grid, and select "low" for vertical scale density.

And if you wish to thicken up the candles a bit (again as Bob does), go into the price settings and change the candle width to one size thicker.

Hope this helps, and welcome.

Matt