Binexx being absorbed into cityindex

"Switched to manual" means that the companies have the chance to 'back away' from a previously quoted price even if that price was valid at the time you placed the order. The company knows that this is financially beneficial to them as it drastically increases the 'costs of trading' and is basically an increase in their advertised spread by means of stealth. Statistically the longer the order is waiting for dealing the greater the likelihood that the market will move one way or the other. This movement obviously indicates how beneficial the acceptance / rejection of the order is from the companies point of view. In the case of a company like IG the order is actually being 'tested' twice. Apparently their computer systems test an order for price as soon as your instruction is received. If you are on manual then it is sent for a further test through manual dealing!! Since price is a single quantity that is either right or wrong you have to ask yourself why they have the need to do this for any other reason than to try and gain a hidden and unfair advantage over the customer! I'm still in dispute with IG on a similar incident regarding a Dow Cash trade. In my opinion IG aren't even prepared to follow the T&C laid out in the Customer Agreement. My complaint has caught them out on many different points and they have simply countered by claiming that there are other T&C relating to order rejection that are not actually listed in the physical contract. In my opinion there seems very little regulation in this business despite the FSA claiming that there is. Be warned.

Have a good weekend,
Steve.

Last edited:
Just a couple of quick questions regarding FTSE daily bets. Sorry for the intrusion but dont know where else to post. I am new to binary bets although very knowledgable on the tricks spreadbet companies play to con us out of cash.

Do binaries always expire at 0 or 100 or at a spread of say, for example, 0-3 or 97-100?
If you dont close the bet at the end of the day does it automatically close after the end of day auction or roll over onto the new odds for the following day?

Just wanted to check there was no little tricks the companies play befor i start.

Thanks

jonray said:
Just a couple of quick questions regarding FTSE daily bets. Sorry for the intrusion but dont know where else to post. I am new to binary bets although very knowledgable on the tricks spreadbet companies play to con us out of cash.

Do binaries always expire at 0 or 100 or at a spread of say, for example, 0-3 or 97-100?
If you dont close the bet at the end of the day does it automatically close after the end of day auction or roll over onto the new odds for the following day?

Just wanted to check there was no little tricks the companies play befor i start.

Thanks

Binaries always settle at either 0 or 100. There is no such thing as rollover with binaries. They all expire at the end of the stated period. Note though that you can only trade up to about 1-2min (depending on the sb) before expiry.