Best place in the world to trade?

I've been in Bali last 3 years. Timezone is fine for Europe/UK sessions but not US. Cheap living costs so if trading in Sterling its great. Internet better these days. Food, climate, lifestyle great, traffic fecking horrible.

London 6 mths / Bali 6 mths would be my ideal.

I've been in Bali last 3 years. Timezone is fine for Europe/UK sessions but not US. Cheap living costs so if trading in Sterling its great. Internet better these days. Food, climate, lifestyle great, traffic fecking horrible.

London 6 mths / Bali 6 mths would be my ideal.

Tell me more. I am going to Bali for a month in may to test the place. Do u have any recomandations about lodging, internet cafes or anything else. I am going to spend half time in Kuta and half in Ubud. Are there any traders there I can meet ??? Thanx !

There are hundreds of hotels, villas, apartments, houses for any budget from $10 flea pits upwards. Kuta is full of people who like to party, a few expats live there but most live away from all the tourists. I would find it difficult to live and trade in Kuta but thats just me.

Ubud area is nice. Center of town can get a bit much but just 5 minutes out and its much quieter.

Internet cafes are everywhere or if you are bringing your laptop you can get a USB modem and a month free for $20USD. If you here permanently you would want dedicated line cos it is still Indonesia and blackouts in storms, random loss of connections still happen although its getting much better.

No idea about other traders. I did hear about an investment group that get together but I trade from home got my own systems.

Just learn the phrase 'tidak apa apa' before you get here and everything will work out ;)

There are hundreds of hotels, villas, apartments, houses for any budget from $10 flea pits upwards. Kuta is full of people who like to party, a few expats live there but most live away from all the tourists. I would find it difficult to live and trade in Kuta but thats just me.

Ubud area is nice. Center of town can get a bit much but just 5 minutes out and its much quieter.

Internet cafes are everywhere or if you are bringing your laptop you can get a USB modem and a month free for $20USD. If you here permanently you would want dedicated line cos it is still Indonesia and blackouts in storms, random loss of connections still happen although its getting much better.

No idea about other traders. I did hear about an investment group that get together but I trade from home got my own systems.

Just learn the phrase 'tidak apa apa' before you get here and everything will work out ;)

Thanx a lot. I hope I will find some traders there. Looks like a great place to spend some time.

Gentlemen,

Thailand is the answer to your dreams. You start trading London about 2 pm and then NY comes in at around 7 pm. Then you log off at around 10 pm. Go out and enjoy the nightlife!

Cheers

hmmm

as someone who is determined to leave blighty (again) once non trading work and Family ties are less important thats an interesting idea.....

wife would never buy into it though..so I may have to settle for trading in the warm (during UK winters**) from more temporary locations :LOL:

N

** (October - June !!)

I lived and traded from Thailand for 8 years, but like staying anywhere for that length of time you get bored, along with the 30% appreciation in the local currency and an increase in nominal prices it became more expensive than it was at the outset.
I think people believe it will be incredibely cheap to live in a place like Thailand (Balis OK too, but miles from anywhere apart from Perth, and thats still a hike) but having moved back to the UK last year I only spend marginally more here, due to council tax, insurance requirements etc. If you want to live like a local these places are cheap, but I didnt.

I lived and traded from Thailand for 8 years, but like staying anywhere for that length of time you get bored, along with the 30% appreciation in the local currency and an increase in nominal prices it became more expensive than it was at the outset.
I think people believe it will be incredibely cheap to live in a place like Thailand (Balis OK too, but miles from anywhere apart from Perth, and thats still a hike) but having moved back to the UK last year I only spend marginally more here, due to council tax, insurance requirements etc. If you want to live like a local these places are cheap, but I didnt.

spot on m8. I have spent a lot of time in SE asia, locals live for chump change but if you are used to a high standard of living esp when they have got you marked out as a rich foreigner you end up paying for it.

London is my base so I am sure I will always have an office there, the weather is pants though. Plenty of places around the med though where you can get very cheap long term luxury rentals. Flying out there only takes 2 hours. 800 euros per month can get you a very nice luxury 2 bed flat in Marbella/Banus/Ibiza/Mallorca, trouble is the weather there in winter is a bit hit and miss. I am going to check out Gran Canaria soon as the climate is more stable, 4 hour cheap flights. I need guaranteed weather if I am flying out of london.

I need a pool, BBQ and good mobile scenery ;)

Forex trading where in a person can be a Forex trader or invest in the Forex market with just enough capital that is credit free, and there is no need for one to employ people. The good part in being an investor is that he or she can maintain his or her current occupation until the endeavor becomes rewarding through.

wtf are those 2 previous posts on about?

Regards SE Asia you guys are spot on. To maintain the same living / eating etc standards as you had in London costs a lot more than people think. I like rice dont get me wrong but I also want bacon and eggs and real coffee and stuff like that so thats where the costs are.

But for the weather and the 'scenery' and lack of rules and laws it cant be beat imo. Having said all that am very much looking forward to my trip back to London next month...grass is always greener.

Last edited:
For me, time zones are important in what i do, which is why it's always likely to be somewhere in Europe. To be able to catch the end of Asian trading, all of Europe and the start of US at reasonable hours is the reason why London is the financial centre it is. Although having moved to the Continent I miss it less than I thought I might.

Definitely nailed it there
maintaining the same living / eating etc standards as you had ends up costing you.
Being an outsider will always get you touched up financially unless you are willing to live the lower standard lifestyle.

I also want bacon and eggs and real coffee
After my recent winter relocation to Russia, what was going to be a slightly cheaper lifestyle blew out the budget window with cafe breakfasts, dinners everyday for two people, the continual search for good coffee while still funding my original home location and bills. Bring on winter 2013

For me, time zones are important in what i do, which is why it's always likely to be somewhere in Europe. To be able to catch the end of Asian trading, all of Europe and the start of US at reasonable hours is the reason why London is the financial centre it is. Although having moved to the Continent I miss it less than I thought I might.

I agree with you dear!

I need some ideas:
Looking to get out of the US and trade full time
My criteria: Reasonably priced high speed internet
Stable government
Minimal restrictions on trading (The US keeps trying to protect me from myself and I understand the risks I'm taking)
Moderate climate- for health reasons I can't handle the tropics or I'd be looking at Panama
Reasonable cost of living
Easy to understand path to permanent residency

I need some ideas:
Looking to get out of the US and trade full time
My criteria: Reasonably priced high speed internet
Stable government
Minimal restrictions on trading (The US keeps trying to protect me from myself and I understand the risks I'm taking)
Moderate climate- for health reasons I can't handle the tropics or I'd be looking at Panama
Reasonable cost of living
Easy to understand path to permanent residency

Europe's great - for time zone trading the US markets - no early rising
------------------ -for food and culture
--------------------for beautiful women
----------------- --not too hot or too cold
---------------- ---most of the people speak English
--------------------internet access reasonable
--------------------not too costly in most areas
--------------------bugs/flies etc at a minimum
------------------- got reasonable law/order

Hey there have you considered Europe ?

wtf are those 2 previous posts on about?

Regards SE Asia you guys are spot on. To maintain the same living / eating etc standards as you had in London costs a lot more than people think. I like rice dont get me wrong but I also want bacon and eggs and real coffee and stuff like that so thats where the costs are.

But for the weather and the 'scenery' and lack of rules and laws it cant be beat imo. Having said all that am very much looking forward to my trip back to London next month...grass is always greener.

Prev posts are prob auto spammers, based somewhere like russia using google translate to spam whatever forum they are currently aiming to spam.

As for se asia, I am considering travelling round there in the winter and doing some trading en route. And if I like it I may even stick about for a while. Always wanted to work in diff country, and the diff culture is why I wld head there. Wld consider sth america also.

But yep timezone will be an issue have to work around.

Europe's great - for time zone trading the US markets - no early rising
------------------ -for food and culture
--------------------for beautiful women
----------------- --not too hot or too cold
---------------- ---most of the people speak English
--------------------internet access reasonable
--------------------not too costly in most areas
--------------------bugs/flies etc at a minimum
------------------- got reasonable law/order

Hey there have you considered Europe ?

On second thoughts we don't want the whole of the rest of the world arriving I suppose !