Belflan's US stock swing trades

Financial stocks after JAN will hit the floor as a result I feel traders should look into

UMPQ,ABK,MBI,RDN,FNM,WM,CTX as well as Housing stocks .

Any way I am 100% sure you are all more up to date then me as I have been away from the market for few days due to family committments .

Grey1

will add the above stocks to my weak list (the ones that aren't on there already)

Thanks

Glen

From Grey1's swing rules/guidelines

1) if MACCI daily is 100 + on Friday

Don't know were the MACCI is today (haven't got TS set up yet) however market looks over bought today

2) Day 1 stock is in negative lets say on Monday

both stocks of short list

both stocks negative for day while market is postive

3) At around 8UK time stock is near low of the day

Yes

4) Open a postion just before market close ( on Monday )

LTD - short @ 20.42 at around close
Stop (using 1.5 x daily ATR) = 21,92
Target is 3 x ATR = 17.42

FRE - short @ 35.05 at around close
Stop (using 1.5 x daily ATR) = 39.55
Target is 3 x ATR = 26.05

5) close postion on Wednesday

close wed if target not met

Glen

shorts still ok

View attachment 31750

Last edited:
From Grey1's swing rules/guidelines

1) if MACCI daily is 100 + on Friday

Don't know were the MACCI is today (haven't got TS set up yet) however market looks over bought today

2) Day 1 stock is in negative lets say on Monday

both stocks of short list

both stocks negative for day while market is postive

3) At around 8UK time stock is near low of the day

Yes

4) Open a postion just before market close ( on Monday )

LTD - short @ 20.42 at around close
Stop (using 1.5 x daily ATR) = 21,92
Target is 3 x ATR = 17.42

FRE - short @ 35.05 at around close
Stop (using 1.5 x daily ATR) = 39.55
Target is 3 x ATR = 26.05

5) close postion on Wednesday

close wed if target not met

Glen

shorts now closed

risk per trade undecided therefore will show as R value (ie if risk = 1.5 x ATR then this is = 1R)

LTD - short @ 20.42 Closed at 19.98 = profit of $.44 = .29R profit

FRE - short @ 35.05 Closed at 30.36 = profit of $4.69 = 1.04R profit

total profit from swings so far = 1.33R

I think 1.5 x ATR may be to large for stop losses & position sizing, anyone any thoughts?

Glen

View attachment 31752

View attachment 31753

Last edited:
I got out @ open but shorted MBI again and am still short MBI . A very very nice profit ..
MBI will blow down in 3 month and not break down this is why I am large postion short of this stock in my Ameritrade account. I suggest investors look into shorting this stock after Sanata's rally ( JAN) and leave it for 3 month . The first target for the stock based on new info I got from my previous work place is $12.50 with a second target of $6.20. what happend to CTX should happen to MBI ,,,

Other good few month shorts are ABK and TSCO ..

grey1

MBI BITE THE DUST ,,, down 27% .. Just came back from Black pool to see MBI to return a handsome amount in such a short time

Hope swing traders shorted MBI ..

I will send this thread up again when MBI appraoches my first target which is around 12.50

Grey1

MBI BITE THE DUST ,,, down 27% .. Just came back from Black pool to see MBI to return a handsome amount in such a short time

I will send this thread up again when MBI appraoches my first target which is around 12.50

Grey1

was only at my desk for 5 mins yesterday, but did see MBI at top of the weak list

market rally today up 1.68%

indu 21st Dec 2007.JPG

weak list did this;

weak list 21st Dec 2007.JPG

strong list did this:

strong list 21st 2007.JPG

was only at my desk for 5 mins yesterday, but did see MBI at top of the weak list
Beflan ,

Thanks for all the hard work in tracking the strategy

During the last past few weeks I decided to mentor one of the good traders of this site called VEGAS and explain some of my trading strategies using SKYP.. we have been doing this now for around 3 weeks and he is just doing so so fine that today he scalped AAPL nearly 11 times with 1 loss only. I also managed to show him how to put a portfolio of the short term swing to minimize risk , He now has a growth portfolio which guarantees a growth as well as scalping intra day as a hedge to over come the possible daily draw down .

The portfolio is doing extremely well and on top of that his intra day skill has improved hugely to a point that I can guarantee that he is capable of giving a LIVE demonstration of trading the US stocks with 95% daily wins,,,.

PS:-- May i also say that VEGAS use to be a momentum trader before and I now have convinced him to trade my way for maximum chance of win and minimum risk .
Our target for 2008- 2009 is 300-400% increase in his growth portfolio .

grey1

Iraj,

What is the point of this post ? The fact that you have chosen to mentor Vegas is admirable but of no use whatever to other traders who have told me that they would love this type of opportunity from you but are not offered it.

Paul

Iraj,

What is the point of this post ? The fact that you have chosen to mentor Vegas is admirable but of no use whatever to other traders who have told me that they would love this type of opportunity from you but are not offered it.

Paul

Every one posts a point less post every so often and I suppose my last post is one of them .

Just a note:-
I have also mentored FIBO ( again from this BB ) . Mentoring is more than a single day JOB and as a result I cannot offer help to every one . I will mentor two more people before the end of the year as I have a long list who need help and I have no choice except to choose those who asked first.

Grey1

Mentoring is more than a single day JOB and as a result I cannot offer help to every one

I know that only too well and my concern was only with the way that the post may have appeared to others.

Paul

Beflan ,

Thanks for all the hard work in tracking the strategy

During the last past few weeks I decided to mentor one of the good traders of this site called VEGAS and explain some of my trading strategies using SKYP.. we have been doing this now for around 3 weeks and he is just doing so so fine that today he scalped AAPL nearly 11 times with 1 loss only. I also managed to show him how to put a portfolio of the short term swing to minimize risk , He now has a growth portfolio which guarantees a growth as well as scalping intra day as a hedge to over come the possible daily draw down .

The portfolio is doing extremely well and on top of that his intra day skill has improved hugely to a point that I can guarantee that he is capable of giving a LIVE demonstration of trading the US stocks with 95% daily wins,,,.

PS:-- May i also say that VEGAS use to be a momentum trader before and I now have convinced him to trade my way for maximum chance of win and minimum risk .
Our target for 2008- 2009 is 300-400% increase in his growth portfolio .

grey1

ta for the post grey1,

good to here its possible (with the knowhow) to pull a living from these markets,

if possible can you stick me at the bottom of your mentoring list, if it takes a few years to get to the top thats fine, as by then i should be ready to get the most out of it

have a good one in 2008
Glen

market well down today (looks over sold, but need to be brave for longs);

INDU 4th Jan 2008.JPG

weak list today;

weak list 4th Jan 2008.JPG

strong list today;

strong list 4th Jan 2008.JPG

Grey1

MBI down 20% to day only $2 from my first target of $12.50. Took $17 run from a weak stock ,, ABK down 16%

Grey1