Barclay opportunity?

Intelligent debate taken down hill by egos...

Get real dudes...

Intelligent debate taken down hill by egos...

Get real dudes...

i wont lie, i have a ego....as most people do, but actually my challenging of chumps opinion comes from a thirst for knowledge and a underlying respect. So i would advise you take counsel before making such a slanderous comment. perhaps may i suggest you add value to this conversation with a opnion instead of commentory?

I took no offence, but I was the one who said it was going to 0 and said nothing about the fsa lol.

Hi Chump

where did you re appear from...i missed our little chats....i hope you havent been sitting there following that chart....can i ask you a serious question? do you really believe a chart is going to save barclays, as this is not going to come down to investor confidence, it will come down the treasury taking barclays away from you? :smart:

Yes, I was indeed following a chart ..about 10 secs worth LOL ..inside day on fairly average volume ...no huge bailing out...after a trebling of price within a month and an exponential move over 2 days the fact that all it did was an inside day means it is waiting and with the news imminent we don't have to guess what for do we ? Imagine some money went to the sidelines today when they didn't get a straight continuation

"chart save Barclays" ..I'll have some of whatever you're drinking ;)
This is nothing to do with investor confidence ,or I'd be surprised if it was in any meaningful way ...the volumes of the last 6 month stink of volatility trading whihc is not much to do with investing.

Yes, I was indeed following a chart ..about 10 secs worth LOL ..inside day on fairly average volume ...no huge bailing out...after a trebling of price within a month and an exponential move over 2 days the fact that all it did was an inside day means it is waiting and with the news imminent we don't have to guess what for do we ? Imagine some money went to the sidelines today when they didn't get a straight continuation

"chart save Barclays" ..I'll have some of whatever you're drinking ;)
This is nothing to do with investor confidence ,or I'd be surprised if it was in any meaningful way ...the volumes of the last 6 month stink of volatility trading whihc is not much to do with investing.

chump,

see i know you will hit me with some techincal analysis which will go way over my head...but i want to see it how you do so i can atleast understand the rational. Can you suggest a good book?

Just looked at your profile and apologies I didn't know you were new allround.

I see you are in the Uk so try this and save your money....if you belong to the library go online and type in Author : Martin Pring and you should find a number of books on technical analysis written by him. I don't recommend him because he is anyway exceptional ,simply he covers a lot and I know his books are in the system.
Also scout around this site for threads with words Price and volume and see what you come up with.That's if you want to go another route outside fundamental analysis.

Seeing it my way might not exactly suit you anyway. What you will find if you stick at it long enough is there are any number of ways open to you to invest or trade and finding the right one for you,that suits your temperament, is more important than the way itself.Copying others regardless of that specific requirement generally leads to disappointment.
I basically use a mixture of nearly everything ,technical,fundamentals ,psychological for the way I look at what price action is doing and my best guesstimate as to what it means and where critical points are ,news etc. Doesn't mean you should !By the way I've been at this full time for 7 years taking what I liked and discarding plenty of stuff along the way. It isn't an overnight project take it from me.

Just looked at your profile and apologies I didn't know you were new allround.

I see you are in the Uk so try this and save your money....if you belong to the library go online and type in Author : Martin Pring and you should find a number of books on technical analysis written by him. I don't recommend him because he is anyway exceptional ,simply he covers a lot and I know his books are in the system.
Also scout around this site for threads with words Price and volume and see what you come up with.That's if you want to go another route outside fundamental analysis.

Seeing it my way might not exactly suit you anyway. What you will find if you stick at it long enough is there are any number of ways open to you to invest or trade and finding the right one for you,that suits your temperament, is more important than the way itself.Copying others regardless of that specific requirement generally leads to disappointment.
I basically use a mixture of nearly everything ,technical,fundamentals ,psychological for the way I look at what price action is doing and my best guesstimate as to what it means and where critical points are ,news etc. Doesn't mean you should !By the way I've been at this full time for 7 years taking what I liked and discarding plenty of stuff along the way. It isn't an overnight project take it from me.

chump,

thanks for the tips, i will explore them further.

to be honest with you, ive been hawking around the markets for about 2 years, and to date have gone from making a years salary in weeks to loosing a fortune, but i guess some lessons are more expensive than others. Now i am trying to be alot more prudent, the excitement part wears off with the capital...

I was involved in both trading (spreads) and holding stocks. Now i am pretty much at the sideline, whilst i try to work out the green shoot from the falling knife. even though i have lost much more than won, i really enjoy the chase for knowledge and perhaps at some stage a return of my small wealth.

The more i try to understand the market and the way it moves the more it becomes apparant how views differ from what seem to be intelligent adults, but the argument can be made.

Thanks for the support!

"making a years salary in weeks to loosing a fortune"

Your primary problem is right there.
I'd also suggest you get some focus on money management/position sizing and then take what you find and consider how you put it to use tactically on whatever style of investment ,or trading you decide upon. However ,anything you eventually do without those components won't float very far.

"making a years salary in weeks to loosing a fortune"

Your primary problem is right there.
I'd also suggest you get some focus on money management/position sizing and then take what you find and consider how you put it to use tactically on whatever style of investment ,or trading you decide upon. However ,anything you eventually do without those components won't float very far.

barclays just said they would not be taking up toxic asset scheme?

Hi Guys,
First time I've checked in this thread. How are you all?

Just some quick analysis that I'd done. I think we may be looking at a shorting opportunity here between 170 and 190. Looks like an important resistence line. If the intraday candle bars confirm this I would be looking to short and take half profit at 155ish and then the other half 135 with a possible stop loss above 200. There was a fantastic buy just before the close of 26March at 140. Congrats on whoever got that.

Hope you all are having a wonderful weekend and hope no one got hit with the hail stones I got hit by yesterday!

Vikash

155 hit! Excellent!
Move stop loss to break even looking to take further profit at 140... we'll have to wait and see...

Vikash

So you shorted what 170 ish 176 absolute tops and you'd be a magician to get it and you get out for half at 155 with a stop loss over 200 ...and another half to come at 140 for an aggregate of 15 points ish with a stop loss risk of 30 or more ....LOL ..hey each to his own BUT do you like that risk for that reward ?

So you shorted what 170 ish 176 absolute tops and you'd be a magician to get it and you get out for half at 155 with a stop loss over 200 ...and another half to come at 140 for an aggregate of 15 points ish with a stop loss risk of 30 or more ....LOL ..hey each to his own BUT do you like that risk for that reward ?

lol..........you sound like the guy from million dollar trader ; )

lol..........you sound like the guy from million dollar trader ; )

CHUMP

in the regulatory news it mentions this afternoon axa have cut down the size of substantial holding in barclays from 460,195,183 down to 73,669,229. what could be the reasons?

CHUMP

in the regulatory news it mentions this afternoon axa have cut down the size of substantial holding in barclays from 460,195,183 down to 73,669,229. what could be the reasons?

Supposition ,but I'd guess Barc and big shareholders have been feeling each other out on Barcs plans for the future including the govt plan. You don't offload that number of shares overnight without a plan and some time to execute it. So, they've foudn a way to do it without tanking the share price and news of stress tests etc won't have hurt that will it.
All it suggests to me is AXA given it's current view on it's overall risk and it's risk in Barc sees a need for less exposure to Barc and perhaps even the sector overall. if you feel you like Axas view and it's similar to yours I guess you'd follwo suit and sell all or part of whatever Barc you held.
None of this has much to do with me ,I'm not investing in Barc ,I'm trading it.

Come to think of it,maybe they sold those shares to some Chump for more than they are worth ..LOL ..no worries ,I'm very sanguine about the way to play Barc ,my exposure to this volatility is very appropriate to my tolerance for risk.

Supposition ,but I'd guess Barc and big shareholders have been feeling each other out on Barcs plans for the future including the govt plan. You don't offload that number of shares overnight without a plan and some time to execute it. So, they've foudn a way to do it without tanking the share price and news of stress tests etc won't have hurt that will it.
All it suggests to me is AXA given it's current view on it's overall risk and it's risk in Barc sees a need for less exposure to Barc and perhaps even the sector overall. if you feel you like Axas view and it's similar to yours I guess you'd follwo suit and sell all or part of whatever Barc you held.
None of this has much to do with me ,I'm not investing in Barc ,I'm trading it.

thanks for the explanation :)