Barclay opportunity?

Just to be clear, the 50% who voted for entering on a pullback voted for entering long on a pullback in an uptend: entering on a pullback in a downtrend would mean going in short.

Ofcourse

I can't understand why would anyone buy a share that isn't rising, in a sector and market that also aren't rising, regardless of time scale.

(y)
Exactly - it will be far less risky to sell the rallies (now that we can short-sell again) in this sector than buy bounces.

its very hard to value a bank's assets purely because investments rise and fall (and thats where assets sit. If the money kept flowing the banks would not have had a issue. banks principally arent supposed to be cash rich, they are simply good middle people. if there is no wholesale money how can they operate. if sainsburys ran out of cabbages they cant sell them, and its the same with banks and money. i admit its a little more complicated as we have over spent as a nation and lends is some cases have lent on the basis assets like property would never crash. I myself have lots lost of money in bank stocks (not ashamed to say) but i also know as a individual if i smoke i may die from it, just as much as i know if i over borrow i will go broke. it isnt rocket science.

p.s. i wouldnt buy any bank stocks but if there were ones i would buy it would be barclays and hsbc. Both have a link to international influence which makes nationalisation difficult regardless.

Banks share

Barclays have stabablised a bit now. Phew. For a mement when they went to 50p it looked grim! I wished I bought some MORE then!

One day the shares bomb 20% the next two days they rally back 20%. Nice and volotile for day trading to make 20% gains on the buy/sell cycle.

Look what LLoyds did last week.

Only the Miners are as good but the cycle is weeks not days!

your right about the miners, the only thing is the market is pplaying games, if you look at whats happend in the last two weeks, the miners are holding where they would have fell, made a big mistake to venture into new area....oops . Lets see how the week plays out,

Banks will be nationalised. Those with shares in them will only see the ticker being removed from the market!

Keep away from Bank stocks!

Not trading bank stocks at the moment, but from the charts most indications are still suggesting a bullish movement for BARC. Also expect to see a boost, assuming they sell iShares. Predicting it to get up to around 130-150 before we see a fall if any.

it has now jumped up to 120, its a great shorting oppertunity now.

Good job I didnt see your post until now! and belive it lol!

Barclays went to 176 yesterday. I got out at 151.4 as I cant watch it all day, I do have a proper job to do!

I made a nice 50% profit in a little over two months 300% apr! A bit better than a cash ISA!

Yay, analysing charts, can works a treat. btw I deserve some rep for calling right :whistling
Give the newbie a bone.

Just kidding, brought ABH stocks on Tuesday @0.19 now are @0.27 pretty good profit for 4 days trading.

Good job I didnt see your post until now! and belive it lol!

Barclays went to 176 yesterday. I got out at 151.4 as I cant watch it all day, I do have a proper job to do!

I made a nice 50% profit in a little over two months 300% apr! A bit better than a cash ISA!

bad call, i still made a small profit going short at 120 and closing it on 115.

all you barcalys shareholders, i wish you the best, and earlier in this thread i said when barclays were still in medium two digits they were a decent buy, however if i had shares in barclays i would be selling right now and counting my blessings for a short spike, the scandal around the tax bill barclays is being investigated for is not over....i predict the next couple of weeks will see the price come back into line, if you just use basic maths how can barclays be worth almost half the price of hsbc shares, when hsbc is a massive international player and barclays is only a child in comparison.

hi everyone new to this i have a practice account and i brought in to barclays £2000 at 67p and £4000at 90p my my investment is now worth £13,500 i wish it was real. so i see from your post that i might be a great time to sell? but i think they are still a little down. i was thinking about shorting on my real account on Monday but not sure if they have finished growing. anyone?

Hi Guys,
First time I've checked in this thread. How are you all?

Just some quick analysis that I'd done. I think we may be looking at a shorting opportunity here between 170 and 190. Looks like an important resistence line. If the intraday candle bars confirm this I would be looking to short and take half profit at 155ish and then the other half 135 with a possible stop loss above 200. There was a fantastic buy just before the close of 26March at 140. Congrats on whoever got that.

Hope you all are having a wonderful weekend and hope no one got hit with the hail stones I got hit by yesterday!

Vikash

hi everyone new to this i have a practice account and i brought in to barclays £2000 at 67p and £4000at 90p my my investment is now worth £13,500 i wish it was real. so i see from your post that i might be a great time to sell? but i think they are still a little down. i was thinking about shorting on my real account on Monday but not sure if they have finished growing. anyone?

why do you think they are still a little down and also why do you think they will continue growing? am curious to hear your thoughts.

my thoughts

why do you think they are still a little down and also why do you think they will continue growing? am curious to hear your thoughts.

because they passed the fsa stress test and now have the choice to join the government insurance scheme and and have until Tuesday to decide. i think could possibly still hold some small grow for Monday, but i must admit that i do not understand the out come if they were to join or not i don't know if this would be a positive or a negative?

all you barcalys shareholders, i wish you the best, and earlier in this thread i said when barclays were still in medium two digits they were a decent buy, however if i had shares in barclays i would be selling right now and counting my blessings for a short spike, the scandal around the tax bill barclays is being investigated for is not over....i predict the next couple of weeks will see the price come back into line, if you just use basic maths how can barclays be worth almost half the price of hsbc shares, when hsbc is a massive international player and barclays is only a child in comparison.

"if you just use basic maths how can barclays be worth almost half the price of hsbc "

Please show me this preferably by abstraction from the relevant balance sheets with any notations you feel apply to the asset valuations theirin.