Baby P - Your thoughts :(

I see the low-life that were responsible for baby P may launch an appeal against their sentences; and apparently there are authorities that think they should be given new identities on release. It seems the world is even madder than I thought.

BBC NEWS | UK | England | London | Couple behind Baby P death named

"Liberal Democrat MP for Hornsey and Wood Green, Lynne Featherstone, said she believed there would be widespread public anger if Connelly and Barker were given police protection after their release from prison. "There's certainly a section of the public that think that they should be in jail for life and if they come out they should not receive any protection at taxpayers' expense whatsoever," Ms Featherstone said.
"I understand that anger and I hope that the indeterminate sentence is indeterminate and that the minimums that are mentioned are not what is served because I think the public would feel that that would be absolutely unacceptable. " Those responsible for Baby Peter's death are thought to be planning an appeal against their sentences.

Hi mate,

At my age, I just don't know what kind of a society our leaders are getting the younger people into.

I've given up desparing because it gets worse, all the time.

This case got a lot of publicity but there are innumerable similar ones out there. This kind of caring, humane and forgiving society is not working.

I see the low-life that were responsible for baby P may launch an appeal against their sentences; and apparently there are authorities that think they should be given new identities on release. It seems the world is even madder than I thought.

BBC NEWS | UK | England | London | Couple behind Baby P death named

"Liberal Democrat MP for Hornsey and Wood Green, Lynne Featherstone, said she believed there would be widespread public anger if Connelly and Barker were given police protection after their release from prison. "There's certainly a section of the public that think that they should be in jail for life and if they come out they should not receive any protection at taxpayers' expense whatsoever," Ms Featherstone said.
"I understand that anger and I hope that the indeterminate sentence is indeterminate and that the minimums that are mentioned are not what is served because I think the public would feel that that would be absolutely unacceptable. " Those responsible for Baby Peter's death are thought to be planning an appeal against their sentences.

These people should be castrated so they don't go around breeding.

We should bring back capital punishment for such low lives...

Atilla,

This type of comment is being said all the time. Why is no one listening?

Atilla,

This type of comment is being said all the time. Why is no one listening?

Because standards have been slipping for years. So laws are now made for low life by low life and this is what happens when everyone assumes that everyone is equal. :)

Consequences shape actions...so clearly there have not been enough baby P's yet....otherwise something would be happening.

Last edited:
Because standards have been slipping for years. So laws are now made for low life by low life and this is what happens when everyone assumes that everyone is equal. :)

Consequences shape actions...so clearly there have not been enough baby P's yet....otherwise something would be happening.

If you compare the pathetic sentences given to these animals (cant think of a worse word)... To the ones given to the train robbers or to Myra Hindley and Ian Bradey... the Justice system stinks... how can they EVER be allowed to walk the streets again..

Lock em up and throw away the Key.. LIFE should be LIFE

yeh i agree with most of this too, seeing their pictures today made me take back everything i ever said about first impressions, the whole incident was truly disgusting.

I think that when a member of society breaks the rules, agreed upon by all, through agreement implicit by their membership of society (this applies particularly members leeching off others, which i have no doubt these people were) that they forfeit their rights to be treated as equal members. I think it appalling that the notion of paying for their protection is even being entertained, i think even prison is borderline but at least law abiding citizens reap some benefit.

There are certain grey issues with this thinking obviously but in this case jail is too good for these people. Their actions weren't those of humans so they do not deserve to be treated as such. I hope it isn't long before a system is constructed that allows these issues to be tackled.

again you guys are forgetting that there are children who have suffered at the hands of these ****heads suffering more from their exposure due to the naming of their parents.

as fun as vigilante action is, let's not fall for that trap and contribute to the suffering of the victims still alive please?

yeh i agree with most of this too, seeing their pictures today made me take back everything i ever said about first impressions, the whole incident was truly disgusting.

I think that when a member of society breaks the rules, agreed upon by all, through agreement implicit by their membership of society (this applies particularly members leeching off others, which i have no doubt these people were) that they forfeit their rights to be treated as equal members. I think it appalling that the notion of paying for their protection is even being entertained, i think even prison is borderline but at least law abiding citizens reap some benefit.

There are certain grey issues with this thinking obviously but in this case jail is too good for these people. Their actions weren't those of humans so they do not deserve to be treated as such. I hope it isn't long before a system is constructed that allows these issues to be tackled.

I agree too. Too much is made of human rights and equality.

My principals are always the same and I apply the same rule as I do for taxation.

If equal people are to be treated equally - than unequal people should be treated unequally.

All this Human Rights bs where criminals locked up can sue authorities is utter contempt of law and their sentences should be extended as such.

As for capital punishment and this was a fact when I studied it back in the early eighties - majority of the public if it ever came to a referendum would be in favour of capital punishment. Statistics showed these people were more likely to be the lower working classes as a whole. Upper classes and so called elite were opposed to CP as it was barbaric and there was the possibility of miscarriage of justice etc etc the normal run of arguements.

So when ever the vote gets to parliament MPs vote were based on their conscience and as they are elitist toffy nosed thiefing bastidods they'd vote against the bill. You are less likey to get it passed the Lords. Parliament sucks big time when it comes to representing the people.

On another note there have been amazing cases of cruelty to children here and abroad where three year olds are left to die from starvation. Couple of guys were released from prison only withing a matter of weeks to kidnap a 10 year old bugger him and then strangle him throwing his body to a road side ditch. God only knows where they are but I'm sure they are some where nice and warm and safe watching telly all day.

We don't have Human Rights. We only have selective rights. All a load of BS supremecy to me.

When ever a British citizen is tried elsewhere in another country - immediately the press are all over the foreign justice system - their cells - how they were treated etc etc.

Reminds me of a story of the nurses in Arabia some place. The authorities went to extra lengths to treat them with prissy clinical due attention and courtesy. Instead the news you heard was that they were mistreated and abused. They were couple of drunk tarts who went too far and pushed another out of a balcony out of jealousy or something. I don't know the exact details but treatment of other judicial systems are always frowned upon. When I look at our system I am ashamed.

Teenagers steal cars drive wrecklessly crashing stealing causing havoc on the roads and on the Police chase video footage comes the sentence - They were let off with a warning and suspended 3 months sentence. Oh **** I'm so scared I'm crapping in my pants.

I can as we all can go on and on and on. The culprits are the politicians and the lawyers who support and endorse the effed up system.

I should add sociologists in the 70s in their too who suggested we study these psychos so that we understand them and fix their problems. You know 40-50 years later the psychos will be running the country.

I wonder what the National Front party will say about it's famous party member.

Come to think of it - do these Nazies really fancy them selves as the supreme aryan race. Beggers belief...

I know I lost the plot guys -- Sorry -- Rant over... :mad::mad::mad:

yeh i agree that the country is f***ed, this case is i believe another example of events that will be seen repeatedly in the system that suggest a lack of personal responsibility and that feels frustrating to the general pop as they feel helpless and unrepresented. i agree some crimes are seen far too lightly and the effect/potential effect on the general population doesn't equate to the sentencing in the slightest...

i certainly don't think capital punishment is the answer or any kind of vigilante spree to all cases, i just don't think this system appropriately deals with criminals/justice and i think that the whole system of politics etc is also seriously inadequate, for example, the majority essentially paying for the crimes of the minority...there is something completely illogical about that, if someone commits a crime of such severity, i don't want them to re-enter into my society and i don't want to pay to keep them alive.

Personally, i hope these events are a wake up call for a movement towards a better representative society that encourages personal responsibility by judging members in the fullest. I certainly feel sometimes that little works, and i do feel sometimes this pushes your view further and further away from the centre, i have recently thought that some sort of neo-feudal Mad Max style world would be better :confused:

Too many of these social workers are too goody goody and want to see he best in everyone, but then the problem is there are some which also see bad when there isn't.

yea, thing is its easy to be genius on social work when you are just some guy on the internet talking about stuff that happened in the past when all the facts are out. real social workers aren't clairvoyents who can see all the facts at the actual time.

this is the way it is. when social services take a kid into care everyone bashing them "they're interfering, budybodies, brekaing up families etc etc.". then when something DOES happen everyone is all "WHERE were the social workers, why didn't they take baby p into care" etc.etc. hypocrisy in other words.

We are fast becoming a nation of idiots....the wrong kind of people are having kids.
Tolerance of drugs / recreational drugs....do me a favour...no good ever came of letting people do as they please. Lowlife scumbags everywhere perpetuating the next generation.

Star chambers...it's the future :)

yea, thing is its easy to be genius on social work when you are just some guy on the internet talking about stuff that happened in the past when all the facts are out. real social workers aren't clairvoyents who can see all the facts at the actual time.

this is the way it is. when social services take a kid into care everyone bashing them "they're interfering, budybodies, brekaing up families etc etc.". then when something DOES happen everyone is all "WHERE were the social workers, why didn't they take baby p into care" etc.etc. hypocrisy in other words.

That's just the newspapers having a bash on polar extremes.

Common sense and due dilligent process must prevail.

It is about money - finance and facilities to support.

Now that everything is in HD colour and the facts are out how about some swift justice?

HYPOCRISY???

We need strong leadership and strong vision. None of this pussy footing round peoples rights. Those social services were inefficient and negligent to say the least.

Under staffed and under resourced perhaps but 60 visits???? Get real. If you are a trained social worker how dense do you have to be???

Another one of those let's not blame anyone and pussy foot round the edges kind of smart alek comment. (n)

That's just the newspapers having a bash on polar extremes.

Common sense and due dilligent process must prevail.

It is about money - finance and facilities to support.

Now that everything is in HD colour and the facts are out how about some swift justice?

HYPOCRISY???

We need strong leadership and strong vision. None of this pussy footing round peoples rights. Those social services were inefficient and negligent to say the least.

Under staffed and under resourced perhaps but 60 visits???? Get real. If you are a trained social worker how dense do you have to be???

Another one of those let's not blame anyone and pussy foot round the edges kind of smart alek comment. (n)

yea, and if they had taken him into care, the social worker would just be another busybody breaking up a family. the state sticking their nose in again.

how many kids they take in each year, saved from a consequence like baby p, or worse, having to deal with these low life families every day of their working life. but no thanks for them, just opprobrium from the general public. if you think you can do better you should train in social work.

yea, and if they had taken him into care, the social worker would just be another busybody breaking up a family. the state sticking their nose in again.

how many kids they take in each year, saved from a consequence like baby p, or worse, having to deal with these low life families every day of their working life. but no thanks for them, just opprobrium from the general public. if you think you can do better you should train in social work.

Without a doubt I could do better imho. But wages would not be sufficient for my families personnel needs.

The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference: Amazon.co.uk: Malcolm Gladwell: Books

This is an excellent book on how little things make big differences. Bit like zero tollerance that turned NY round from its crime wave.

No doubt she had 5 children because it was a way for her to get attention and care as well as money from benefits to play poker. Tell me the sob story call.

What does it take society to say to the bitch look no husband or man to look after you and you have 5 *******s. Now stop ****ing around and sort your life out. Same goes to the fathers. They should be hounded for every bit of their money. Named and shamed or locked up in chain gangs made to build roads or railroads. What ever it takes. Forced vasectomy. Screw his human rights.

Problem in metropolitan places is no one cares or gives a hoot. Well that should change.

Let society micro manage the no hopers lives. It is too bleeding obvious they can't manage their own.

majority of the public if it ever came to a referendum would be in favour of capital punishment. Statistics showed these people were more likely to be the lower working classes as a whole.

Ah yes! you mean the sort of people that don't know the difference between a paedophile and a paediatrician.

I know I lost the plot guys -- Sorry

:whistling

No-one remembers when you get something right. No-one forgets when you get something wrong.

dd

Root cause analyse everything...it would soon become clear what the patterns are...drugs / benefits / single parent families...( woteva the f that means).

Policy needs to be decided like it would be when they do the H&S legislation.

eg.. A series of disasters is looked into...the 1980's was a bad time.... Bradford City fire...Marchioness...london Kings Cross underground fire....Zeebrugge Ferry....Hillsborough Stadium...Piper Alpha...When they looked into all of this ...they formulated policy which is what we have today. Risk Assessments and Method Statements and a whole pile of Rules and Regs which have to be adhered to in the workplace. Everyone is responsible and signed up to it...if something goes wrong then it is not a question of innocent until proven guilty...the questions are along the lines of..What could you have done about it ?..

Think about H&S and what is in place to protect us from ourselves and others actions...and you would be 90% of the way there to solving the majority of problems in society.

The bad buggers get away with bad things...because the majority are turning a blind eye.

Ah yes! you mean the sort of people that don't know the difference between a paedophile and a paediatrician.

majority of the public if it ever came to a referendum would be in favour of capital punishment. Statistics showed these people were more likely to be the lower working classes as a whole.

Why are you stealing their right to a vote. Don't they count?

Most working class people are good hard working citizens with good fair moral values.

Would you not say that it is arrogance to think one knows better than they do? No less than our politicians and elitists who steal and define a different set of laws based on their Eton experience.

I doubt they or their children are ever likely to be exposed to the level of daily violance and suffering their subjects are faced with on a daily basis.

Very good - let them eat cake eh?

Unfortunately. the turnout at elections shows that the public is not interested in politics. This is not unique to UK. Would compulsory voting make a difference? I'd be interested to know what Australia's citizens' opinion on their government is, regarding crime and punishment.

It seems to me that working class people put the blame on their kids behaviour to the fact that they have to go out to work. That is not true. I grew up like that, after the war years. My father worked on the buses and my mother stayed on at the factory. Her experience was in demand and, after the war she, frankly, liked the extra cash coming in and stayed on. When I came home from school, if my father was on evening shift, it was to an empty house. There was a note on the table, "Do this, do that, go to the shop and buy....etc. I lived a disciplined life and I felt wanted. When my mum came home, I had the kettle on for a cup of tea.

Some how, a creeping erosion of permisiveness has come in. In my day, getting mixed up with the coppers was a really big deal for a kid. Magistrates ordered the birch and teachers gave the cane.
Inhumane? What an unhappy bunch of kids there are hanging around the street corners, these days, compared to mine.

The trouble is that, after the war, people started to exert legitimate rights over the ruling classes and no one has known where the line is that can't be crossed.