Baby P - Your thoughts :(

So what should have happened then ?

Beats me, but I'm not stupid enough to decide who should and shouldn't have been sacked from the tabloids, and I have far better things to do than go around signing petitions and playing who can be most outraged. And I'm definitely not sadistic enough to ruin the sister of Baby P's life and risk contempt of court by publishing the parents' names.

But whatever makes people happy...

It's going to need more money than the government provides. The turnover of field workers is high.
No matter how dedicated they may be, most cannot stand the stress.

It's going to need more money than the government provides. The turnover of field workers is high.
No matter how dedicated they may be, most cannot stand the stress.

No doubt assisted by seeing other social workers pilloried in the national press!

Beats me, but I'm not stupid enough to decide who should and shouldn't have been sacked from the tabloids, and I have far better things to do than go around signing petitions and playing who can be most outraged. And I'm definitely not sadistic enough to ruin the sister of Baby P's life and risk contempt of court by publishing the parents' names.

Agree with your thoughts. But that's the problem isn't it ? So long as there is low-life around no system will ever cope adequately. At least most of the "goodies" started out with the best of intentions.

Agree with your thoughts. But that's the problem isn't it ? So long as there is low-life around no system will ever cope adequately. At least most of the "goodies" started out with the best of intentions.

It all comes down to money, doesn't it? If the Social State wants to do good to the people,they are going to have deep pockets. I can think of plenty of places to start getting it.

To place a child in care costs 4,000 per week. That is why councils delay placing children in care---they do not have the budget for it.
The rest of the story is BS. Those senior people who resigned do not have a large enough budget. That is why a blind eye was turned on Baby P's case.

Pretty useless then are you not? And thank god for these children there are your opposites in this world. :)

People were sacked from a investigative report, how would you decide then who gets sacked in circumstances like this or does that beat you too.

Wow imagine a world where all are clones of arabianights, no one would have "pretended" to be bothered about the iraq war, or child rape, or genocide.

Phew!!

Well Arabian I do actually enjoy reading most of your posts here but that last one infuriated me. The whole world infuriates me and there is not a lot I can personally do about it besides making the odd video or sign a petition. If you have any productive ideas about better ways to help my fellow man I am all eyes (y)

I'm not going to try to fix a situation I don't understand, this is basic common sense...

Wtf, dave? A couple of sadists tortured and killed a child. He was repeatedly visited by the people who were supposed to protect him. That is their job. They were ticking boxes and not paying attention to what was happening under their noses. They should not only be sacked but prosecuted. What the fukc is more important than protecting babies? Those monsters broke the baby's back and ribs, ffs! What is it you don't understand?

Wtf, dave? A couple of sadists tortured and killed a child. He was repeatedly visited by the people who were supposed to protect him. That is their job. They were ticking boxes and not paying attention to what was happening under their noses. They should not only be sacked but prosecuted. What the fukc is more important than protecting babies? Those monsters broke the baby's back and ribs, ffs! What is it you don't understand?

Thank you. (y)

Yeah, so how do we stop it happening again? Well, we can't. Because there's enough sadists about. So how do we reduce the likelihood of it happening? Presumably by reforming social services somehow.

To work out how to do that requires a lot of thought and research... just going in guns blazing is likely to be counterproductive.

Petitions and complaining very loudly serve only to satisfy the social expectation that it is what we should be doing. Hysteria doesn't generate solutions, rather to cement peoples craving to feel part of a group. You can see it flourish in British culture ever since Diana died.

Petitions and complaining very loudly serve only to satisfy the social expectation that it is what we should be doing. Hysteria doesn't generate solutions, rather to cement peoples craving to feel part of a group. You can see it flourish in British culture ever since Diana died.

Well my signing of the baby p petition (my first signed petition) was out of shock, sadness and yes anger not because that is what I thought I "should" be doing.

Fact is no government give a sh!t about anyone or anything that cannot vote. What do you think the actions being taken now would be had there been no outcry? Nothing!

I agree with with Arabian in that this needs alot of thought, study whatever to change the way we protect children, yes there will always be sadists who will harm children but i hope I live in a society where we at least try to protect them.

I can't stop can I? lol

Maybe if these perverts, sadists, rapists, drink drive child killers got a just punishment in our courts there would be less of a vigilante outcry?

baby Ps got my respect bruv deep
he was gna grow up to b a real G lyk me

i fink da ppl hu did it to him shud hav da **** kikd outa dem

if i was a copper or prison officer i wud kik da fuk out of dat boyfriend hu punched baby p

trus me i wud beat da fuk out of him, beat it back into him, den out of him agen

just my thought