attempting ES futures

+$222.58

A bit tired and hungover.

Probably stopping already for the day: +222.58

Attachments

• delf.JPG
    delf.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 221
would have done brilliantly on CL if I had have carried on trading today, but would have had lots of losing trades on the ES.
Don't like the fact that my good results so far seem to be a result of stopping trading for the day when i'm up a decent amount! lol
Still, account is doing much better than I had planned so i'll just carry on as i've been doing I guess.
I thought i'd be down to only a few K in the account by now, as opposed to being up a few K.

-$344.88

Probably stopping here for the day. Nothing working for me today. Hopefully better conditions for me tomorrow.
I'll update if anything jumps out at me that I can't resist and make any more trades.

Attachments

• delf.JPG
    delf.JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 190
12 ES points profit for my skype buddy today as usual!
long from 79 for +6 and long from 82 for another +6.
Freakin' unbelievable! Sometimes tempted to just copy him, but I really want to just learn to be as good as him instead! Feels weird to just blindly follow someone no matter who amazing they are.

Hopefully tomorrow is better for me.

I am also reading your posts although I am doing the demo with only the ES for now. I am looking for much smaller profits (150 a day is super for me), so that's only me having to get 3 points in a day which so far, hasn't been too tough. So far (2 months in) my good trades are occurring about 77% of the time. What are your thoughts about how the "real trading" since it hasn't been as successful as paper, what do you think is the biggest hurdle? Do you notice any differences in the order/fill times? That is my biggest concern right now...I watch for my indicators but use the order book to put in orders and they usually fill within 1-2 seconds...is this the case when you trade live? Like I said, I am looking for small scalps and if it's very choppy, I'll get in and out half a dozen times to get my profit and then out for the day. I know that people may say I am killing myself in commissions, but I'd rather do that then sit and wait for 3 points and watch it drop 5 or more.

On the other side of the coin, have you thought about trading along side with your Skype guy? I don't think there is nothing wrong with making a "little extra" off his calls, especially since he seems to be pretty good at it.

I am also reading your posts although I am doing the demo with only the ES for now. I am looking for much smaller profits (150 a day is super for me), so that's only me having to get 3 points in a day which so far, hasn't been too tough. So far (2 months in) my good trades are occurring about 77% of the time. What are your thoughts about how the "real trading" since it hasn't been as successful as paper, what do you think is the biggest hurdle? Do you notice any differences in the order/fill times? That is my biggest concern right now...I watch for my indicators but use the order book to put in orders and they usually fill within 1-2 seconds...is this the case when you trade live? Like I said, I am looking for small scalps and if it's very choppy, I'll get in and out half a dozen times to get my profit and then out for the day. I know that people may say I am killing myself in commissions, but I'd rather do that then sit and wait for 3 points and watch it drop 5 or more.

On the other side of the coin, have you thought about trading along side with your Skype guy? I don't think there is nothing wrong with making a "little extra" off his calls, especially since he seems to be pretty good at it.

Hey.
I think there's too much made about the transition from demo to live, personally.
My results overall haven't been as good as in demo, but it hasn't been a drastic difference. It's harder to run profits. That's the main thing. I'm quite robotic with stops, so that's not been an issue.
People always talk about fills etc, but again, i'm only trading 1 contract and fills seem to be the same as they were in demo mode.
If you are killing it in demo, using sensible stops and not letting losers run until they 'come good' and are using a good platform where demo mode closely reflects live trading and are doing well, then it's definitely worth a shot in my opinion.

As for following this guy...
Yes, he's 'pretty good' as you say. Well, he's actually pretty amazing from what i've seen. But he doesn't seem willing to reveal much about his method. I'm sure there's some TA involved, because he sometimes mentions 'double tops' and 'wedges' etc (unless he's trying to hoodwink me!!). I'm not sure if there's something else going on to help with his analysis as well, though. He's averaged about 10 ES points per day in the 4 months or so that he's been posting his trades.
And yes, I know I can follow him and make some extra money, and it might seem stupid not too, but i'm not interested in just copying someone and making money. I want to learn the skill rather than just make some fast money.
Also, if i was to follow him and the unthinkable happened and he called loser after loser, it would be more annoying than falling on the sword from my own alalysis.
Not that I particularly care if I lose the 8k this account started with, but you get my point.

I'm up $235 ish so far today.
I've missed 2 trades that would have given me a lot though, which is quite annoying.
Shame I can't program/code which would stop me missing signals....
Probably not done for the day yet though, so not worth posing a statement yet.

+$300.08

Better day, although didn't get much follow through on my trades.
Also missed 2 trades that would have been rather good ones.

Attachments

• delf.JPG
    delf.JPG
    30.4 KB · Views: 214
-$277.18

Losing day.
Finding it a bit harder recently. although it could be a lot worse!
Might be a losing week though, depending on how tomorrow goes.

I know I've had a few first time posters pop in to the thread, but it really is terribly quiet.

Tomorrow might be my last day of the journal for now.

statement attached.

cheers

Attachments

• delf.JPG
    delf.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 174
There isn't much to be talking about if you don't write down deeper thoughts.

Would be cool to see why you take the trade you took, post charts etc..

Anything other than just how much you lose or win everyday.

Cheers

-$214.96

Another losing day, and my first losing week since starting the journal.
Only down a little on the day, but want to do other things whilst the sun's out so calling it a day.

WEEKLY RECAP:
M 222.58
T -334.89
W 300.08
TH -227.18
FRI -214.96
TOTAL = -314.40

RUNNING JOURNAL PNL
WEEK 1 = +162.16
WEEK 2 = +1122.73
WEEK3 = +861.39
WEEK 4 = -314.40

TOTAL PNL SINCE JOURNAL = +$1831.88

So, i'm up nearly a few K since starting the journal a month or so ago.

Stopping the journal here for now.
I kind of expected to do worse, and expected that, in losing money, some real, genuine pro's would pop in and tell me what I should be looking at in order to succeed.
As it turns out, i've made a little money, so maybe people haven't felt the need to offer advice, but I know i'm nowhere near becoming a consistently profitable trader yet.

I feel as though my results could so easily have been flipped around and be down a few K instead.
There is something i'm missing.

The guy I skype with averages about 12 ES points per day, every day! I've seen his calls with my own eyes for a good amount of time now. Tight stops, usually no more than 2 ES points, catches the exact turning points of lots of the moves, usually for +5 ES points or so per move. I've found nothing to give me such results yet, so I guess I should keep searching.

Good luck.

Attachments

• delf.JPG
    delf.JPG
    29 KB · Views: 177
  • delf2.JPG
    delf2.JPG
    9.6 KB · Views: 163
-$214.96

Another losing day, and my first losing week since starting the journal.
Only down a little on the day, but want to do other things whilst the sun's out so calling it a day.

WEEKLY RECAP:
M 222.58
T -334.89
W 300.08
TH -227.18
FRI -214.96
TOTAL = -314.40

RUNNING JOURNAL PNL
WEEK 1 = +162.16
WEEK 2 = +1122.73
WEEK3 = +861.39
WEEK 4 = -314.40

TOTAL PNL SINCE JOURNAL = +$1831.88

So, i'm up nearly a few K since starting the journal a month or so ago.

Stopping the journal here for now.
I kind of expected to do worse, and expected that, in losing money, some real, genuine pro's would pop in and tell me what I should be looking at in order to succeed.
As it turns out, i've made a little money, so maybe people haven't felt the need to offer advice, but I know i'm nowhere near becoming a consistently profitable trader yet.

I feel as though my results could so easily have been flipped around and be down a few K instead.
There is something i'm missing.

The guy I skype with averages about 12 ES points per day, every day! I've seen his calls with my own eyes for a good amount of time now. Tight stops, usually no more than 2 ES points, catches the exact turning points of lots of the moves, usually for +5 ES points or so per move. I've found nothing to give me such results yet, so I guess I should keep searching.

Good luck.

Hey PiggyBridges

I cant understand how come your being so hard on yourself. Through out this journal you have not allowed your self to celebrate your wins.

In my humble opinion you have done fantastically, and I am creating there are the 90% of traders that consistently lose money would love to be in the position you are in.

Give yourself some credit.

You may also find this book valuable - Trading in the Zone, by Mark Douglas.

Good luck in the future.

Somesh

Hello Piggybridges,

I've read your journal and I think you do just great.

I cannot give you any advice on how to trade the ES, but maybe you can pick up some of my journal (http://www.trade2win.com/boards/tra...morning-range-breakouts-using-time-sales.html).

I use the ES (actually it is the NDX because I lack a futures subscription) as an market indicator.

My experience with futures trading (with the Dutch AEX future) is that there are only one or two good trades available per day (but it depends on your system/method I guess).

Keep up the good work!

Cheers Robocop