ES - Indicators

m_cat12

Hello everyone-

I've been trading the S&P emini futures for a few months now and am having increasing success. Im still working on my indicator set and was wondering what everyone uses, specifically for the ES? Since its a very short term trade, many of the indicators are severely lagging and arent very helpful. Since Im only in a trade for a very short time, Ive been experiencing many entries that are false. So, in a nutshell: What are indicators that are best suited for day-trading the S&P emini?

Thanks all!

I use RSI , Stochastic fast, momentum volume and Moving average of price. 9, 50, 200
I also use my own indicators but the above are not too bad. You need to learn about how to use them though. Do you get stopped alot??? I am always paranoid that some algo is stoping me!!!!lol

Im using a 1 min and 5 min chart. I have the 200, 50 and 20 fast MA's overlapped. Then, I have a full stochastic, volume average, and MACD histogram. I also have the TICK and TRIN in the corner.

Im using a 1 min and 5 min chart. I have the 200, 50 and 20 fast MA's overlapped. Then, I have a full stochastic, volume average, and MACD histogram. I also have the TICK and TRIN in the corner.

Try looking at this site

http://emini-watch.com/emini-trading/emini-day-trading

There is quite a lot of information on there that might give you some ideas for indicators. The guy sells some indicators for use in Tradestation. I am not suggesting that you necessarily buy them, but you can see how he uses them and how you could create similar ones yourself.

Charlton

I use volume charts, 1597,2584, and sometimes I look at 5500 and 10000 volume charts for spotting longer trends. I use 3 EMA's 10,50,100. I also use the MACD histogram with the stochastics. I use the normal setting for the macd and a setting of 14,6,3 for the stochastics. I have my indicators setup to move with every tick so I'm not waiting for a candle to close for it to be plotted on the chart. I do very well with divergence reversals and tend to just trade them, but I do not limit myself to just one specific trade setup.