attempting ES futures

Cheers.
Interesting about incorporating other markets.
My best winning trade today was actually when someone I know posted a chart of the NQ which I dont usually look at. When looking at their chart I noticed one of the patterns that I like, although when i flipped back to my charts, it wasn't anything like as clear on my ES chart which I usually monitor.

-$160.22

Attachments

• delf.JPG
    delf.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 183
$474.56

Best winning day so far.
Traded other instruments instead of the ES today.
Coincidence?.....probably.

Attachments

• delf.JPG
    delf.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 207
RECAP:
So, 9 days in now; 7 trading sessions.

Daily Results so far:

TOTAL PNL = +$162.16
STARTING BALANCE $8000
CURRENT BALANCE $8162.16

Im somehow slightly UP so far on my initial balance. Not really sure how. Today certainly helped alot. Does feel quite random and each trade feels like a coin toss in terms of the actual outcome, despite my various analysis. I done alot better in demo, but maybe I just had a lucky spell.

The fact that today was my best day, (and I didn't touch the ES) may or may not be a coincidence, but, despite the name of the journal being 'attempting to trade ES futures', I intend to trade other instruments (and NOT the ES) for the next week at least, just to see how things go.

Any genuine profitable traders (assuming they exist!) are always welcome to thrown genuine pearls of wisdom my way, particularly related to method/strategy.
People often talk about trading being all about the mental and psychological aspect and that system/method being overrated. At this point I disagree. I feel I have the mental side under lockdown. I can take losses like a robot and can stick to my rules too, but if the method plain 'doesn't work' then I think it's always gonna end in tears.

Hey piggy, you mentioned you traded a different contract besides the ES, what was it?

$370.06

Make that +370.06 Couldn't resist 1 more trade.
Definitely finished for the day now.
Lets see what tomorrow brings.

Attachments

• delf.JPG
    delf.JPG
    15.2 KB · Views: 166
+237.66

Going through a lucky patch?

Tempted to stop for the day already.

If I make any other trades today, i'll upload the latest statement to reflect any trades made.

Attachments

• delf.JPG
    delf.JPG
    17.3 KB · Views: 189

Having all kinds of technical issues today so just a quick daily update.
No statement today, but a losing day of about -$300

Was up a few hundred this morning and was tempted to quit, as I always am when i'm up a decent amount on the day. Not sure whether its correct to quit for the day or not in such circumstances. To quit for the day sort of says that one doesn't actually think they have an 'edge' and are just happy to have made their money and don't want to push their luck.

I occasionally trade 'with' someone who i met online on skype. He posts his trades live, and he is quite awesome! He trades quite big size and averages about 8 ES points per day from what i've seen. Staggering. Although he hean't really given any details as to how he does it, despite my attempts. I know that he uses some TA, but im sure he uses 'something' else, too.

This guy netted about 12 ES points today which seems quite typical for him. It's inspiring, but also terribly frustrating to watch someone kill the market on a daily basis! Called all his trades out in realtime as always. He trades quite big size too.
Must be nice to have the market as your own ATM machine!

+610.08

New best day yet.
Definitely stopping for the day here already, wrongly or rightly.

only 2 trades.

Attachments

• delf.JPG
    delf.JPG
    20.6 KB · Views: 205
Take a look of this chart on the Russell 2k e-mini, might wanna trade it

Daily chart. The Russell is a little different than the S&P e-mini, the Russell trades in tenths and the value of one tick is 10.00, so 1 point = 100 dollars!

Attachments

• Capture TOS.JPG
    Capture TOS.JPG
    205.9 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
+215.20

Im potentially gonna stop early for the day again. Feel a bit fortunate to be up today.

If I do any more trades i'll update the thread, but for now, here's the usual end of week recap.

Previous update:
TOTAL PNL = +$162.16
STARTING BALANCE $8000
CURRENT BALANCE $8162.16

This week:
TOTAL PNL = +$1122.73

STARTING BALANCE $8000
CURRENT BALANCE $9284.89

Attachments

• delf.JPG
    delf.JPG
    16.2 KB · Views: 170
OK
Im up about $1100 since starting about 2 weeks ago.
Although I feel that I could very easily be DOWN by the same amount, really. For example, on some days where I stopped trading early due to having a nice profit, a look at the end of the day showed that I would have had losing days on most of them if i had have carried on trading! worrying.

Guess we'll see what next week brings.

Im doing better than my mate though, who blew a similar amount of money to my starting balance in a matter of days on his most recent attempt. Still, he's a LOT richer than me!

Oh, and the guy that i've mentioned a few times who trades on Skype who always kills it has made about 11 ES points today, as usual! Long from 1198.25, believe it or not. A few ticks from the very low! Really winds me up, lol.